Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,541 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
Ag87H2O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I'm understanding things happen in history....

I'm just floored that our quarterback social justice warrior who is tearing this school apart is actually part of a family that did much worse than the statue he wants to tear down.

And.... his family was friends with Ross
Its a heck of a boomerang isn't it? Sprinkled with irony and dipped in karma.
aggie appraiser
Ag87H2O said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I'm just floored that our quarterback social justice warrior who is tearing this school apart is actually part of a family that did much worse than the statue he wants to tear down.

Now, that's poetic.
PabloSerna
AG
The major flaw in this narrative is two fold:

1. That Kellen should be ashamed of his ancestors decisions and remain quiet.

2. That just because you did not know about something before (ignorance) means you should do nothing. The old "ignorance is bliss" argument.

Kellen is his own man and I am sure he knows that this is his time, his school, and his decision. The OP's assertion about Kellen's ancestry has no bearing.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Bringing my family to witness history I would hope.

+Pablo

dBoy99
AG
What history do you want to witness exactly?

Some of you are pathetic
AggieKeith15
AG
PabloSerna said:

2. That just because you did not know about something before (ignorance) means you should do nothing. The old "ignorance is bliss" argument.

Kellen is his own man and I am sure he knows that this is his time, his school, and his decision. The OP's assertion about Kellen's ancestry has no bearing.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Bringing my family to witness history I would hope.

+Pablo

Both are assumptions on your part.

And history is forming every second, it doesn't form only around marxist protests. Hopefully you realize that.

Peace, love, hippie grease,

AggieKeith15
PabloSerna
AG
I am also surprised to read that Dr. Farias would advocate a "melting pot" model for assimilation of minorities/new immigrants into the United States.

I am of the belief that I would hope that new immigrants not "melt" off their ancestry, language, and customs. Rather that they would retain them in some way as they become full citizens.

aggie appraiser
PabloSerna said:

I am also surprised to read that Dr. Farias would advocate a "melting pot" model for assimilation of minorities/new immigrants into the United States.

I am of the belief that I would hope that new immigrants not "melt" off their ancestry, language, and customs. Rather that they would retain them in some way as they become full citizens.

It appears you don't understand melting pot. It isn't to melt anything off, it is to blend it all together.

Kind of like Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day. Bring us another reason to drink beer and feel free to drink with us on the rest of the days we celebrate.
PabloSerna
AG
I would hope so. It is our cultural diversity that makes us a great country.

Unfortunately it has not always worked out that way. Read This for why "the melting pot" theory is flawed.

lb3
AG
PabloSerna
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

Both are assumptions on your part.

And history is forming every second, it doesn't form only around marxist protests. Hopefully you realize that.

Peace, love, hippie grease,

AggieKeith15
AggieKeith15,

It seemed pretty obvious to me that the last paragraph, Dr. Farias says that Kellen has failed to acknowledge his ancestors and he is calling for Mond to stop dividing us with this course of action. How did you read it? Curious.

+Pablo
AggieKeith15
AG
PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

These are assumptions. No where in that email does it say Mond is to do nothing or to be ashamed.

And despite your disbelief of a melting pot here in America, Mond's ancestors would suggest otherwise. If you have an issue with the phrase, please feel free to make a new thread, as it's not relevant here.
Ellis Wyatt
PabloSerna said:

That isn't in the top 10 reasons America is the greatest country in world history.
PabloSerna
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

These are assumptions. No where in that email does it say Mond is to do nothing or to be ashamed.

And despite your disbelief of a melting pot here in America, Mond's ancestors would suggest otherwise. If you have an issue with the phrase, please feel free to make a new thread, as it's not relevant her
I can see that point. Ashamed is not equivalent to "failed" as Dr. Farias wrote. It is however still a rebuke of his actions in light of his connection to his family's linage. That is what I am pointing to as some sort of effort on the author's part.

He also brought up "melting pot" and I think it explains part of his reasoning. I do think it does belong on this thread as it frames the basis for his claim - in my opinion.

PabloSerna
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

PabloSerna said:

That isn't in the top 10 reasons America is the greatest country in world history.
It is in mine. To each his own.

+Pablo
AggieKeith15
AG
PabloSerna said:

AggieKeith15 said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

And despite your disbelief of a melting pot here in America, Mond's ancestors would suggest otherwise. If you have an issue with the phrase, please feel free to make a new thread, as it's not relevant her
I can see that point. Ashamed is not equivalent to "failed" as Dr. Farias wrote. It is however still a rebuke of his actions in light of his connection to his family's linage. That is what I am pointing to as some sort of effort on the author's part.

He also brought up "melting pot" and I think it explains part of his reasoning. I do think it does belong on this thread as it frames the basis for his claim - in my opinion.

When things don't add up, things don't add up.

Tomorrow's protest is being sponsored by BLM. The same group that wants reparations for being oppressed by Confederates and slave owners. Will Mond not have to pay those? I wonder what you think on that...
AggieKeith15
AG
Oh and one more question - what do you think about Mond's ancestor calling Sully an "intimate friend?"

We haven't heard your take on that yet...
Flexbone
PabloSerna said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

PabloSerna said:

It is in mine. To each his own.

+Pablo

I'm sure this is based in facts and really REALLY logic based rather than completely subjective, and pulled out of your ass.

Answer this: without "diversity," America wouldn't have.....
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Quote:

DallasAg 94 said:
Our AD and lack of knowledge about our new gear:

BTW... Adidas... founder of company was a Nazi. Mond and our AD has no problem suiting our athletes up in gear made from a company founded by a Nazi.

meh....WW II was so long ago nobody cares. We got more immediate concerns like the Confederacy
Thank you for starting my morning with a BIG laugh. Good thing I'm not drinking coffee this morning.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
redsquirrelAG
AG
dBoy99 said:

What history do you want to witness exactly?

I would imagine the tearing down of history to replace it with something warm and fuzzy. Maybe a rainbow machine that produces money out of thin air. Then all our problems are solved.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Ag87H2O said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It's all time ironic. Just an unbelievable coincidence.

Unfortunately it won't be reported by any news outlets.
AggieRain
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Gotta say, it has been fun watching these young agitators that know nothing of the world getting schooled on the realities of it...

I need the laugh/cry emoticon back.

dermdoc
AG
Pease said:

Decay said:

irreverent
Wishful thinking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Decay
AG
I still can't believe he butchered a one-word reply and never bothered to fix it. The ultimate in drive-by posting.
tremble
AG
PabloSerna said:

Unfortunately it has not always worked out that way. Read This for why "the melting pot" theory is flawed.

Wow, what a horrible thing to have to adapt to Anglo-Saxon culture as compared to say, Ethiopian or Afghani, Chinese, etc.

The U.S. is, besides Canada, the only country on earth where immigrants actually get to become part of the mainline culture. In Germany, France, Spain, etc. all immigrants are essentially second class citizens, particularly if your name is foreign sounding.

How about China? They seem to be doing really well on their quest to effectuate genocide.
twk
AG
PabloSerna said:

No, it's not. It's the fact that diverse peoples, from different backgrounds, can live in peace and prosperity by simple agreement. All this requires is that you subscribe to democratic principles and respect the rights of other individuals. Anyone can become an American by choice, in a way that you really can't in other countries. You don't become French, Indian, Japanese, or Chinese by simply choosing to subscribe to a philosophy, the way that you become an American by doing so.

Cultural diversity is a byproduct. You are mistaking cause and effect.
NicosMachine
AG
PabloSerna said:

You don't understand assimilation. The education system failed all of us if those are your ideas of the American melting pot. Keep reading. Keep reading until you get to the part about useful idiots. Then stop and look in the mirror.
PabloSerna
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

PabloSerna said:

AggieKeith15 said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

When things don't add up, things don't add up.

Tomorrow's protest is being sponsored by BLM. The same group that wants reparations for being oppressed by Confederates and slave owners. Will Mond not have to pay those? I wonder what you think on that...
We spent, as a nation, quite a bit on the War on Terror as I recall. Our past and current administrations find enough so-called "ghost money" to pay foreign leaders to buy intelligence - I am quite sure, the smartest minds in our great country can come up with a plan. Like Coach Pop said, "We have to get to the reparations discussion"

+pablo

byfLuger41
rbtexan
S
If you believe in the concept of reparations, that defines with crystal clarity your naivete and blind bias.
Jimbo Franchione
PabloSerna
AG
tremble said:

PabloSerna said:

Wow, what a horrible thing to have to adapt to Anglo-Saxon culture as compared to say, Ethiopian or Afghani, Chinese, etc.

The U.S. is, besides Canada, the only country on earth where immigrants actually get to become part of the mainline culture. In Germany, France, Spain, etc. all immigrants are essentially second class citizens, particularly if your name is foreign sounding.

How about China? They seem to be doing really well on their quest to effectuate genocide.
Adapting is not the issue.

I would also argue that the American Dream as originally thought is far from a reality in our world today. There is a growing and unstable income gap. I'm a small business owner, and I'm very much in favor of a free market system. I am also a realist and can see that many folks around me need help. It falls to me and others who are thriving to help our brother and sister make it too. Again - that's how I roll. Most others do not ascribe to this Christian ideal.

+pablo

PabloSerna
AG
NicosMachine said:

PabloSerna said:

You don't understand assimilation. The education system failed all of us if those are your ideas of the American melting pot. Keep reading. Keep reading until you get to the part about useful idiots. Then stop and look in the mirror.
I think when one has to resort to name calling to make a point - you have run out of reason.

+pablo
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Quote:

There is a growing and unstable income gap
Look at the only places in the world that have risen from the sort of grinding poverty that has plagued mankind, and you will find capitalism.

Look at the only places in the world that have tamped down on corruption and despotism; there you will find capitalism.

PabloSerna
AG
rbtexan said:

If you believe in the concept of reparations, that defines with crystal clarity your naivete and blind bias.
How so?

Do you think that the wealth that was created by slave owning families was right? You say I am naive, I challenge you to read for yourself the truth and draw your own conclusions. I have and that is not being naive.

+pablo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.