Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,571 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
peace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
does this mean Mond will be absent for the protest on Sunday. He should actually be standing with the old ags instead, - reallity.
SMM48
AG
Amazing history.

Cause everyones great great realative has their last will in a law library.
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth872026/
hairloom
Surely this cannot be real. The level of irony insane.

"The highest ranking Tejano officer in the confederate army?"

If true, To hold his anti -racism principles Mond has a LOT of privilege he needs to relinquish
Uncle Nasty
Charpie and Kellen....both my primos. Orale!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Someone ought to tell his buddy with the loudspeaker at the protest! Might make for an awkward moment!
Charpie
AG
Uncle Nasty said:

Charpie and Kellen....both my primos. Orale!

Bring the fajitas. I got the Miller lite and we can pistiar this weekend
aggie appraiser
Zero facts to back it up. Somebody give me the laugh/cry icon.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
In. Here comes Brian the history expert.
FishrCoAg
dixichkn
AG
SMM48
AG
Red pot. My Aggie Brother.

Stop. Let it go.
fightingfarmer09
This thread has been going for less than 2 hrs and twitterverse is already commenting on it.

They are spending too much time on this board.
aggie appraiser
Many thanks fishrco.
Charpie
AG
Kellen should be proud of his rich Texas family history
mjschiller
AG
Has anyone provided Mond with the information?
Marvin J. Schiller
Al Bula
AG
Dang, is TexAgs still paying Bri Bri for all the real estate this board takes up in his head or all the clicks he is directing to this site?!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Our SJW-Historian-In-Residence doesn't understand how to research history. Go figure.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Our SJW-Historian-In-Residence doesn't understand how to research history. Go figure.

“Picture a black girl that joe biden wants to sniff”

-The Debt
astros4545
AG
We thought Kellen couldn't make a decision before

What side does he choose at the protest
NineIron
AG
Wow Kellen!! Life comes at ya fast!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Test
unmade bed
For Brian with I who is no doubt refreshing the **** out of this thread with crossed fingers hoping someone says something racist in order to confirm your world view no one here has an issue with Kellen's family history, in fact he has a very unique and distinguished family history that most here would probably be impressed with. What we are all responding to is the irony of it.

Hate to break it to you, but this all appears to factually check out due to how well known and documented most of the names in his mother's family tree are and were. So you can decide for yourself whether you want to associate with Kellen still knowing his ancestors fought for the confederacy. We know that is a huge issue for you regarding Sull Ross, so if you want to be consistent you probably need to denounce Kellen's ancestors for the lives they led,

As far as what does his family history have to with anything, isn't that what this whole Sully debate is about?
Ag for Life
AG
Delicious irony, I love it!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Will Kellen be able to forgive himself enough to continue to be the A&M QB? Does he offer the same forgiveness to Sully?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
unmade bed said:

For Brian with I who is no doubt refreshing the **** out of this thread with crossed fingers hoping someone says something racist in order to confirm your world view no one here has an issue with Kellen's family history, in fact he has a very unique and distinguished family history that most here would probably be impressed with. What we are all responding to is the irony of it.

Hate to break it to you, but this all appears to factually check out due to how well known and documented most of the names in his mother's family tree are and were. So you can decide for yourself whether you want to associate with Kellen still knowing his ancestors fought for the confederacy. We know that is a huge issue for you regarding Sull Ross, so if you want to be consistent you probably need to denounce Kellen's ancestors for the lives they led,

As far as what does his family history have to with anything, isn't that what this whole Sully debate is about?
Post removed:
by user
Charpie
AG
They aren't going to research. They don't want the truth. Google searches pretty much align to the posts. But even that won't be good enough
Jaxson11
AG
aggie appraiser said:

His grandfathers obituary. It appears to match up with the letter.

Leopoldo P. Botello Jr.

Quote:

He was preceded in death by his parents, Leopoldo P. Botello, Sr. and Maria Cristina Martin Botello, both direct descendants of founding families of Laredo. Also preceding him were his brothers, Victor Jose Botello and Guillermo Botello. Leopoldo is survived by his wife, Sharon Hull Botello; his children, Leopoldo P. (Judy) Botello, III, Lourdes B. (Gildeberto) Valdez, Leticia B.(Kevin) Mond,....

What a great life! Family should be proud.
SquawkITag
AG
Humm? I wonder if Mond's great, great uncle knew Sul Ross?
Decay
AG
How the turn tables...
GCP12
AG
unmade bed said:

This is much more eloquent than what I was going to say. Well said
fightingfarmer09
The sad part of all of this is, Mond should have the right to feel however he wants to feel about his ancestry. Just like all of us. The good and the bad.

But when you support a cause that demonizes people that look back on their heritage as part of themselves and find some joy or force of good, I have no sympathy for the karma that comes from this situation.
aggie appraiser
SquawkITag said:

That might be interesting to see. Maybe they fought together in a certain battle. Maybe a real historian could look that up. It would the be the irony of ironies.
Pelayo
AG
aggie appraiser said:

SquawkITag said:

That might be interesting to see. Maybe they fought together in a certain battle. Maybe a real historian could look that up. It would the be the irony of ironies.
Not a historian just a fan, don't think he did but did fight in the last land battle of the war.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Haileno40
Ag4coal said:

As we have learned from several BLM related social media posts after George Floyd, it is not beyond the pale to tell the world your parents are white supremacists/racists. I have no doubt Mond will happily disavow all of his ancestors.

I didn't think that mattered, he and his family clearly have had privilege. He can't escape that just because he disavows his families history. That's how it works, right? Privilege is privilege.
I mean, none of my white ancestors owned slaves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.