Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,528 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
1997Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quit feeding the troll F16. Texags has an ignore button for a reason. Use it. This person is on here baiting you into saying things that will then be posted on social media. You aren't changing the troll's mind so give up.
Houston Lee
AG
"Black people can't be racist" is one of the dumbest and most idiotic forms of thought I have ever heard of!

Who the hell believes this crap?

Black people can't be racist??? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Black people are racist against other blacks due to having skin that may be various shades darker or lighter black skin. The light skinned blacks are racist against the darker skinned blacks and visa versa! And then lets talk about them calling other blacks "Uncle Tom". That is all about their color of their skin and they way they think that may be different that what a black is "supposed" to think.

It seems to me that the people that think most about race and have race as part of their everyday lives and thoughts are black! How the hell anyone can claim that a black person can't be racist is beyond any intellectually honest thought.

I am reminded of this tweet.

redcrayon
AG
CyclingAg82 said:

Boomeranged.

I hope QB1 is wise enough to recognize that you cannot paint history with such a broad brush.

I don't think he or the cheesecake doxxer are, but it would be great if at some point there is some contrition on his part for his actions that were so incredibly divisive.

I also hope our AD says something, and Coach Fisher's silence has been deafening.

The AD did say something. He was proud of the athletes' behavior at the protest.
BanderaAg956
So, if Mond is French, Spanish, Mexican, and Black? Does he know all the bad things the French, Spanish, Mexican, and Blacks have done in history? Napoleon, Santa Anna, Ferdinand, MLK, Jesse Jackson, Michael Jackson, Al Sharpton... all have done evil things!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
redcrayon
AG
Bigsteve said:

GT_Aggie2015 said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122949/replies/56931975

I came across the link on FB... Just saw the person who shared it grabbed it from a FB group so who knows the legitimacy.
...so it's gotta be true, right?

It's true.
Satellite of Love
UniqueIGN said:

GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

You don't understand...we are talking the founding fathers of cities (Plural) in south Texas. It's not gonna happen.

So yeah it's hypocritical.

Doesn't change anything for you. You've got no skin in the game. Not your family tree.

It literally isn't hypocritical to have ancestry with confederate soldiers and to argue against having statues of confederate soldiers. Your ancestors don't dictate what you can fight for. It's only hypocritical if you dont want to get rid of your ancestors statues who did horrible things and want to get rid of all others.

Maybe he should bring down the buildings/statues/parks/etc named for his confederate family first.

If this is actually true, and that's a big if, then it doesn't matter what he tries to bring down first as long as he doesn't support either of them. The one where he has the most say in right now is the Sully statue since he's the quarterback at the university where it's a problem. It makes sense to fight most for the things you have the most say in, and the places where you can make the biggest impact

All power to him as I presume he will journey to erase honors his ancestors collected.

To answer your question, he is asking others to live up to a standard and position that he hasn't addressed within his family. A lot of people were harmed by his ancestors and still are made uncomfortable living and seeing the name honored where they work and live. It seems appropriate for Kellen to use his power as a family member to have those things scrubbed from the society we currently live in before asking others to do something he has not address personally with family to accomplish.

Here's the thing, he most likely has absolutely no ability to change any schools or monuments that are named after his ancestors because there have been several generations since then and several splits of the family. It makes the most sense to fight where you actually have a voice, and that's at Texas A&M as the quartback for the football team. If people want to change the world where we live in, it makes the most sense to divert your efforts to where you could get the most done.
I would like him and his entire family erased from history. As an American, his ancestors offend me deeply. I went to Texas A&M and therefore have more of a voice in A&M matters than any other that I can think of.

Is my new found cause worth considering in your opinion ?

None of us who want the statue taken away from the academic plaza want to erase history. If you tear down the statue, the history is still there, the news articles are still there, as long as the history is taught it isn't erased. These statues weren't placed to teach history, they were placed to glorify and memorialize individuals. So this is a false equivalency

It starts with removing reminders of the past and then the past stops being taught. If there were no statue on campus would you have sought out the history of Sully's tenure as president?
CyclingAg82
AG
redcrayon said:

CyclingAg82 said:

Boomeranged.

I hope QB1 is wise enough to recognize that you cannot paint history with such a broad brush.

I don't think he or the cheesecake doxxer are, but it would be great if at some point there is some contrition on his part for his actions that were so incredibly divisive.

I also hope our AD says something, and Coach Fisher's silence has been deafening.

The AD did say something. He was proud of the athletes' behavior at the protest.
Clarified my previous post, need more coffee........
Dr. Venkman
AG
aggietony2010
AG
You have to pay for the ignore function, and a lot of us have stopped doing that.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Bigsteve said:

GT_Aggie2015 said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122949/replies/56931975

I came across the link on FB... Just saw the person who shared it grabbed it from a FB group so who knows the legitimacy.
...so it's gotta be true, right?
Don't believe I ever claimed that it was true? Found the link to the document interesting and shared it. If I had found it on Reddit or anywhere else I would've shared it. Happens to all add up though.
NCNJ1217
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a ****. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!

I choose not to participate in your critical race theory crap. It's a racist word and you/they're using it in a racist way, it's wrong period.
NCNJ1217
AG
Quote:

There is a complete difference between figuring out someone's name and demand action from the university because they were openly racist,

You need to stop saying this. These people are being doxxed by CCC et al simply for having a difference of opinion.
redcrayon
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!

What if the recipient of the word feels it's racist?
Herknav
AG
//So Sully and Kevin are really brothers from a different mother. Right?//
aggiepanic95
AG
redcrayon said:

UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!

Pretty certain it was being used in a very racist way by msnaacp at that protest.
Darth Randy
UniqueIGN said:

Tanya 93 said:

UniqueIGN said:

GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

You don't understand...we are talking the founding fathers of cities (Plural) in south Texas. It's not gonna happen.

Doesn't change anything for you. You've got no skin in the game. Not your family tree.

It literally isn't hypocritical to have ancestry with confederate soldiers and to argue against having statues of confederate soldiers. Your ancestors don't dictate what you can fight for. It's only hypocritical if you dont want to get rid of your ancestors statues who did horrible things and want to get rid of all others.

Maybe he should bring down the buildings/statues/parks/etc named for his confederate family first.

If this is actually true, and that's a big if, then it doesn't matter what he tries to bring down first as long as he doesn't support either of them. The one where he has the most say in right now is the Sully statue since he's the quarterback at the university where it's a problem. It makes sense to fight most for the things you have the most say in, and the places where you can make the biggest impact

All power to him as I presume he will journey to erase honors his ancestors collected.

To answer your question, he is asking others to live up to a standard and position that he hasn't addressed within his family. A lot of people were harmed by his ancestors and still are made uncomfortable living and seeing the name honored where they work and live. It seems appropriate for Kellen to use his power as a family member to have those things scrubbed from the society we currently live in before asking others to do something he has not address personally with family to accomplish.

Here's the thing, he most likely has absolutely no ability to change any schools or monuments that are named after his ancestors because there have been several generations since then and several splits of the family. It makes the most sense to fight where you actually have a voice, and that's at Texas A&M as the quartback for the football team. If people want to change the world where we live in, it makes the most sense to divert your efforts to where you could get the most done.
I would like him and his entire family erased from history. As an American, his ancestors offend me deeply. I went to Texas A&M and therefore have more of a voice in A&M matters than any other that I can think of.

None of us who want the statue taken away from the academic plaza want to erase history. If you tear down the statue, the history is still there, the news articles are still there, as long as the history is taught it isn't erased. These statues weren't placed to teach history, they were placed to glorify and memorialize individuals. So this is a false equivalency
Your buddy Ms NAACP has stated no moving it.
It must be gone

Why does her opinion matter so much?

I personally think that it should be in a musuem where we can look back at things that we use to glorify. There are differing opinions about it in the people who want to take it down but the common opinion is that it should not be in a place where it is glorified.

Right. Then, magically, museums will then become offensive and "literally unsafe" for people of color. Then there will be a need to remove whatever someone deems offensive from museums.

F that. We see the game you're playing. We're not idiots. We've all seen how the ending of this movie is written.

I don't know if you are being willfully naive or arrogantly obtuse, but I'm jut not articulate enough to describe the insane amount of irony in your posts when applied to the standard that the movements you champion created themselves.
aggietony2010
AG
Some more proof of the Santos/Ross connection.
BlackLab
AG
Mond should be very proud of his family's history. What an incredible lineage that contributed heavily to the founding and developing of South Texas and the border.
88planoAg
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Tanya 93 said:

You should go talk to Ms NAACP and Keebler Elf about that since they have no issues doxxing people due to opinions.

Big difference between someone acting racist in public and finding out their names so they can be reported to the university vs trying to find dirt on people who want to take down a statue. I agree with finding their names especially since most of the time it's public info on an instagram page but disagree anytime someone starts to post their address.
Ah see, here is the rub. There is no objective truth in your world view. CRT teaches that. There is only what you define as racist. And for that, people are doxxed and your group attempts to ruin their lives. Contact employers and colleges, get them expelled or fired.

What horrible racist things have they done? Whatever you decide is racist, that's what. Including making a joke (Dear China, like your food, don't like your virus) <-- your group deemed that reportable. And the ok sign - that one was used to dox multiple guys and their families. GTFO with the righteousness. You are not righteous, dude.
HelloUncleNateFitch
BlackLab said:

Mond should be very proud of his family's history. What an incredible lineage that contributed heavily to the founding and developing of South Texas and the border.

Yeah, I mean that's actually really cool.
aggietony2010
AG
Yep. This is a movement that literally got a guy fired for cracking his knuckles.
redcrayon
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

redcrayon said:

UniqueIGN said:

Pretty certain it was being used in a very racist way by msnaacp at that protest.

It definitely was.
Charpie
AG
Y'all, let me talk directly to my cousin.

Hey Kellen, ya no tas chingando. Let this **** go. You've had it easier than thousands of men your age. You are the definition of privlege. So someone may have called you names in the past. So? That's what being a minority is.

And the next time someone calls you a w e t b a c k, you say, "my back might be wet, but yours is wetter. My family had to cross a river. Yours has to cross an ocean!"

Orale primo!
Tailgate88
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Tanya 93 said:

UniqueIGN said:

GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Your buddy Ms NAACP has stated no moving it.
It must be gone

Why does her opinion matter so much?

I personally think that it should be in a musuem where we can look back at things that we use to glorify. There are differing opinions about it in the people who want to take it down but the common opinion is that it should not be in a place where it is glorified.

I've heard that album! 2112 by Rush.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
UniqueIGN is the hands down GOAT of mental gymnastics.
My god, talk about a walking, talking indictment of the education system in this country.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ag87H2O
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Being antiracist doesnt mean always going out of your way to find racist acts to call out, it means calling out racist acts that you see.

It's crazy that y'all still believe that we think everyone should apologize for what their ancestors did and should feel guilty for it.
Or evidently the ones that bring you the most publicity and don't require any personal reflection or sacrifice. How incredibly convenient - and hypocritical.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Maybe the best post in the history of TexAgs.
NicosMachine
AG
As the great Hector Farias, Jr. pointed out in his letter, the removal of statues does not reflect moral advancement, but simple self-righteousness. I say we build another statue ... of Hector Farias, Jr.!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Ok how bout this.... Sully stays, forget Gaines, add Benavides
- one who throws high all the time
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I know some are reveling in the irony.

I'm amazed by the beautiful picture of America.

Kellen Mond is a poster image of who we are. France, Spain, Mexico, Texas and Africa, all in one family. His lineage of privilege and power and yet also challenges I'm sure he has experienced. He is a gifted athlete and the leader of a major football program. He's getting a world class education at a premier university.

I love it. Our country is amazing! Nothing like it!
The TC Jester
Charpie said:

Y'all, let me talk directly to my cousin.

Hey Kellen, ya no tas chingando. Let this **** go. You've had it easier than thousands of men your age. You are the definition of privlege. So someone may have called you names in the past. So? That's what being a minority is.

And the next time someone calls you a w e t b a c k, you say, "my back might be wet, but yours is wetter. My family had to cross a river. Yours has to cross an ocean!"

Orale primo!

That's what being a human is. White people get called racist or hateful names, trust me. Most of us either just laugh it off or shake our heads and go about our day. It's not worth dwelling on it.
cisgenderedAggie
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I know some are reveling in the irony.

I'm amazed by the beautiful picture of America.

Kellen Mond is a poster image of who we are. France, Spain, Mexico, Texas and Africa, all in one family. His lineage of privilege and power and yet also challenges I'm sure he has experienced. He is a gifted athlete and the leader of a major football program. He's getting a world class education at a premier university.

I love it. Our country is amazing! Nothing like it!

Agreed. Kid has all 6 flags documented in family history. He's Texan as ****, whether he likes it or not.
StoneCold99
AG
UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws that we have in place today.

Should we erase them all as well?

Let me answer for ya cause it's late.....no.

You're not erasing history by renaming things. Of course it'd be hypocritical if he claimed that those places shouldn't be renamed because it's his ancestry but come on, that's just speculation and what ifs, and I highly doubt he'd flip flop from it if true. It doesnt change anything and honestly at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.

I just want to point out the tone-deafness of this post. The amount of irony here is astounding
Charpie
AG
It's pretty amazing. Most folks here would love to say the same.

Kellen, come on over. I'm gonna make fajitas, some beans and rice tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.