Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,510 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggierogue said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

So why does BLM demand reparations for slavery?
I predicted this would be among the first comments. No person alive is responsible for the sin of slavery, but as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today. We do not blame individuals but we as a nation have a societal responsibility. That is what BLM demands.

Read this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

And?

Why can't women get reparations? Black men could vote before my great grandmother could.

Or we get up and work.

I grew up poor white trash. I have no privilege other than the fact I am really funny and smart.
I didn't want to raise my kids in the poverty I often experienced. And being white trash and poor at what was at the time a good HS with a lot of money, meant I was seen as lesser.

Oh well. I worked my ass off and eventually got a Masters. I speak 4 languages.
These BLM student activists have every opportunity I did. I just don't see myself as a victim other than the Irish and Welsh ancestors caused me to need SPF 100.

They need to work hard instead of seeing everything as an offense against their poor little egos
Any tips on the best way to go about learning a foreign language? I'm in the process of learning Spanish right now.
Television shows and movies. I found in college that really helped my fluency in Russian, so I got better grades.

French I learned on my own thru Rosetta stone and french pop music because I had a French fiance in college.

Both languages and sign language I try to brush up on every few months to stay conversational. Netflix has been great in helping with that
88planoAg
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

Question: Is there a movement to rename Sul Ross State University?
It will come because they will never stop.
laavispa
Dang it Tanya........... you NAILED it. GOOD for you.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Quote:

Read this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Nope.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
1997Aggie
AG
Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

I predicted this would be among the first comments. No person alive is responsible for the sin of slavery, but as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today. We do not blame individuals but we as a nation have a societal responsibility. That is what BLM demands.

Read this.

Pray tell...how exactly would we go about paying reparations? What groups get paid, how much, and who do we take it from? There are a lot of immigrant groups that were brought to this country and treated extremely poorly and we built a lot of infrastructure on their backs with little or no pay other than food and a roof. Are they included? Should people whose families move to the US after the Civil War have to pay? See, it sounds like a wonderful idea in your head but that's only because you haven't actually thought it through. At what point do we move on as a nation and stop with this nonsense. Plenty of us grew up in blue collar homes with very little and worked our ass off for what we have (aka being privileged). Tell me why again do I have to pay for anything that happened 150 - 200 years ago?

Less emotion and more logic would serve the left well.

OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Bird Poo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

Read this.

And?

Why can't women get reparations? Black men could vote before my great grandmother could.

Or we get up and work.

I grew up poor white trash. I have no privilege other than the fact I am really funny and smart.
I didn't want to raise my kids in the poverty I often experienced. And being white trash and poor at what was at the time a good HS with a lot of money, meant I was seen as lesser.

These BLM student activists have every opportunity I did. I just don't see myself as a victim other than the Irish and Welsh ancestors caused me to need SPF 100.

They need to work hard instead of seeing everything as an offense against their poor little egos

This
DTP02
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I know some are reveling in the irony.

I'm amazed by the beautiful picture of America.

Kellen Mond is a poster image of who we are. France, Spain, Mexico, Texas and Africa, all in one family. His lineage of privilege and power and yet also challenges I'm sure he has experienced. He is a gifted athlete and the leader of a major football program. He's getting a world class education at a premier university.

I love it. Our country is amazing! Nothing like it!

And this is what we should be doing, recognizing our similarities, our bonds, the things that unite us. Instead. even celebrating our country, flawed as it may be, is considered an act of oppression by these Aggie SJWs.
amfta
AG
gumgardener said:

So, let me get this straight. You think Kellen's ancestors are bad people?
I think they're just like Sully and honestly everyone else. They were people with some good and some bad, perhaps not even really bad just typical folks doing the best they could in the circumstances of their times. Folks that are now being judged by a generation of spoiled rotten, narcissistic nitwit brats that have no real capacity to think for themselves and will follow whomever has the best story to feed them at any given moment.
neAGle96
AG
I don't know if I can watch a team that is being being led by a QB that has racist ancestors!
DTP02
AG
AGinHI said:

Descendant of poor Italian immigrants checking in.

Wish my family had some of that Mond privilege.

Mond's ancestors made the most of their opportunities and passed that down to their descendants. Just like anyone else who came from a strong, prosperous family, regardless of their race.
DallasAg 94
JoeAggie1010
UniqueIGN

A crappy review site that gives Call of Duty games and Madden games near perfect scores just because they are bribed to do so.

Urban Dictionary
Tanya 93
Charpie said:

Couldn't have said it any better myself Oh

OH
BTW

The chocolate Goya Maria cookies are awesome

old yeller
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Read this.

And?

Or we get up and work.

Charpie
AG
I told you.
AG81xx
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Charpie said:

OH
BTW

Get a room
aggierogue
AG
Tanya 93 said:

aggierogue said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Read this.

And?

Or we get up and work.

Any tips on the best way to go about learning a foreign language? I'm in the process of learning Spanish right now.
Television shows and movies. I found in college that really helped my fluency in Russian, so I got better grades.

French I learned on my own thru Rosetta stone and french pop music because I had a French fiance in college.

Both languages and sign language I try to brush up on every few months to stay conversational. Netflix has been great in helping with that
Thanks! I'm going to invest some more time in Spanish television. Just finished a great series in "Money Heist."
DallasAg 94
Tanya 93
AG81xx said:

Tanya 93 said:

Charpie said:

OH
BTW

Get a room
Threesome?

DTP02
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

I wonder what Kaepernick's agent will tell Mond to do with this info? This will be a fascinating decision to follow. If he's gonna go full Kaepernick, and I honestly think that's his best bet for the NFL, I think he has to denounce and apologize for his family name. I don't know how prideful he is, but gotta be a rough decision to make, I'm sure the NFL is his dream.

I don't think he's much like Kaepernick and it's insulting to Mond to say it. He's more intelligent and moderate than Kaepernick. I don't like how he's handled this, and his choice to brand the Sully supporters as racist early on really took things in a very bad direction, but I don't see him wanting to follow Kap's mindset. We'll see; maybe I'm wrong.
Tanya 93
aggierogue said:

Tanya 93 said:

aggierogue said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Read this.

And?

Or we get up and work.

Thanks! I'm going to invest some more time in Spanish television. Just finished a great series in "Money Heist."
It really helps a lot, eventually I stopped using subtitles so I could force myself to listen closely, pause, and look up words guessing on the spelling. Fortunately Russian is a 1 sound only for each letter.

Good luck!
aTmAg
AG
All the libs are going to do is claim, "we aren't demanding we take down Mond's statue, but Sul Ross. We would demand tearing down the statue if it was Benavides."
HelloUncleNateFitch
unmade bed said:

Plot twist

Sure explains why he keeps trying to lob bombs all the way to the Mason Dixon line.
AG81xx
AG
Tanya 93 said:

AG81xx said:

Tanya 93 said:

Charpie said:

OH
BTW

Get a room
Threesome?

Wife's looking over my shoulder.....so foursome?

.....I would like to try your cookies though
Decay
AG
Texas history is fascinating. Laredo (where Santos was mayor and his family founded the city) was so important yet remote that they declared themselves independent from Texas and Mexico, and flew their own flag. To this day the city still flies that flag as an homage to its independent past.

So it is actually inaccurate to describe Mond as Texan as Six Flags.

He's actually heritage of a city in Texas that can claim Seven Flags.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Of all the bad takes in this thread, the one by Pease is the worst.

All he wants is to silence you. Silence the discussion.

This thread raises deeper issues that people like Pease want you to ignore. How important is history? How do we judge our forbears? What is privilege? Who benefits from systems of power, today and over time? Should we today be judged by the acts of our direct forbears? Of those who have no relation to us but "looked like" us? Can America be fairly painted with a broad racist narrative, or all we all more complex and alike than we are different?

Pease doesn't want you to have that conversation.

People like Pease have sat in faculty dungeons for years, brewing cauldrons of deadly poison, carefully adding in every drop of hatred and stem of envy. Every tincture of white fragility and quart of supremacy.

Now Pease thrusts a glass of his brew and says, "Drink! This will cure your racism."

"Wait, what is in this?

"YOU DON'T GET TO ASK WHAT'S IN IT. DRINK, IT."

Well, Pease can take his demand for silence and go back to his cauldron. The cure for what ails us is not silence or anger. It is real discussion and goodwill.

Go sell hatred and cancel culture somewhere else, Pease.

Peace.
TexAgs91
AG
Tanya 93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

LadyKiller22 said:

Beerosch said:

Is UniqueIGN the author of Mond's Sully history?

He claims not to be. Posted a photo that was supposedly his (white) hand on a window. Wouldn't say the derogatory term that Ms. Cheesecake used because it's not his right since he's white.
Keebler Elf did not use the term. It was Ms NAACP
I know of Ms NAACP and the cheesecake lady, but I missed who Keebler Elf is.
I started calling cheesecake girl Keebler Elf because she uses pre made graham cracker crusts for her cheesecakes. Keebler was the only company I knew. But apparently she buys them from Aldis.
Ohhh lol
DTP02
AG
Pease said:

You folks really need to invest in some dictionaries. "Racist" actually does have a meaning, despite the fact y'all use it like duct tape, or like the old man in My Big Fat Greek Wedding uses windex.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the new rules are that POC can't be racist. Or is it just that blacks can't be racist? It's confusing. Ask the Aggie SJW leader as she is the ultimate arbiter of what can and can't be racist.
LadyKiller22
UniqueIGN said:

ShawnTxAg said:

So why do "yall" want it removed??

He was a man who did absolutely horrible things to minorities as both a general and a Governor.
I can see why it's disturbing for people to see a man who was a leader in a war that was meant to keep their race enslaved, refused to offer POW protections to any black soldiers (he didn't recognize them as soldiers) meaning that they could be killed and tortured, mediated in an agreement so black politicians couldn't be elected in a county and much more, glorified to this day.

That's the thing, though, it's not actually disturbing to them. Unless of course that they also believe that he was truly a "lady killer".
TAMU1990
AG
DTP02 said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

I wonder what Kaepernick's agent will tell Mond to do with this info? This will be a fascinating decision to follow. If he's gonna go full Kaepernick, and I honestly think that's his best bet for the NFL, I think he has to denounce and apologize for his family name. I don't know how prideful he is, but gotta be a rough decision to make, I'm sure the NFL is his dream.

I don't think he's much like Kaepernick and it's insulting to Mond to say it. He's more intelligent and moderate than Kaepernick. I don't like how he's handled this, and his choice to brand the Sully supporters as racist early on really took things in a very bad direction, but I don't see him wanting to follow Kap's mindset. We'll see; maybe I'm wrong.
Mond has a graceful exit strategy right in front of him if he chooses to take it. First step is to not go to the protest today. It should be a day of reflection. Texans have always embraced the Tejano culture. Go that route Kellen.
fightingfarmer09
trouble said:

aggietony2010 said:

You have to pay for the ignore function, and a lot of us have stopped doing that.

You currently have 2 stars and people stay ignored even after you drop them.

Stars do not go away even when you cancel, many of us quit paying a long time before the ignore feature.

Why would I want to ignore speech I disagree with?
TexAgs91
AG
Pease said:

It's not so much attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors, it's the hypocrisy. Mond is attacking Sully while he's got significant figures of the Confederacy in his own heritage that he doesn't denounce.

And also, Mond's own ancestor knew Sully Ross and had good things to say about him. He probably knew Sully a lot better than Mond did.

NicosMachine
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Of all the bad takes in this thread, the one by Pease is the worst.

All he wants is to silence you. Silence the discussion.

This thread raises deeper issues that people like Pease want you to ignore. How important is history? How do we judge our forbears? What is privilege? Who benefits from systems of power, today and over time? Should we today be judged by the acts of our direct forbears? Of those who have no relation to us but "looked like" us? Can America be fairly painted with a broad racist narrative, or all we all more complex and alike than we are different?

Pease doesn't want you to have that conversation.

People like Pease have sat in faculty dungeons for years, brewing cauldrons of deadly poison, carefully adding in every drop of hatred and stem of envy. Every tincture of white fragility and quart of supremacy.

Now Pease thrusts a glass of his brew and says, "Drink! This will cure your racism."

"Wait, what is in this?

"YOU DON'T GET TO ASK WHAT'S IN IT. DRINK, IT."

Well, Pease can take his demand for silence and go back to his cauldron. The cure for what ails us is not silence or anger. It is real discussion and goodwill.

Go sell hatred and cancel culture somewhere else, Pease.

Peace.
Pease fears he will suffer the same fate as many Jacobins if we examine these issues too closely. If we apply his logic, he will be guilty. He will suffer the guillotine. Today's Jacobins, Marxists, use blacks the same way the Jacobins used the Sans-coulotte. If history were still taught, pawns like Kellen Mond would see how they are being used by privileged Marxists to do their dirty work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.