Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,547 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
Haileno40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

So why does BLM demand reparations for slavery?
I predicted this would be among the first comments. No person alive is responsible for the sin of slavery, but as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today. We do not blame individuals but we as a nation have a societal responsibility. That is what BLM demands.

Read this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

That includes mond, he may have one of the most historically privileged families in Texas history.
TAMU1990
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

Are you aware that John Singer, an Associate Dean at A&M, has co-authored an article which argues that Kyle Field should be renamed because Kyle's father fought in the Confederate army?

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jsm/aop/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303.xml?content=pdf-6970

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article:

Quote:

Utilizing a collective case study approach, the authors identified 18 facilities that were named after athletic administrators, coaches, and philanthropists who engaged in racist activities or harbored racist views.

E J Kyle had nothing to do with the Confederacy, but his father did, so the son is guilty of racism.

That's coming from an Associate Dean at Texas A&M.
Under this line of thinking Mond should be kicked off of the team and out of school.
Carnwellag2
FriscoKid said:

This is His Story.

This is an underrated post. For those that listened at the last protest will understand
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
UniqueIGN said:

DTP02 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Yall are absolutely crazy omg. Anti-Racist means exactly that being anti racist. Having ancestors who were bad people doesnt mean you cant be anti-racist. Y'all have created this giant narrative in your heads that doesn't even exist in the real world.

I will type more slowly for you this time. Try harder to keep up. And leave the childish omg's on the playground with the rest of the kids.

"If you aren't anti-racist, you're racist." That's what Kellen said and it's the current dogma for the "movement." What it means is that you have to call out and attack all examples of racism all the time, or you're racist.

Applying the standards that Kellen and his influencers would apply ( not standards I would want applied, mind you), Kellen is racist for not disavowing his ancestors, calling for the removal of any honoring or recognition of them, and abjectly apologizing for their sins.

That is the inevitable, logical requirement of the view he espoused.

Being antiracist doesnt mean always going out of your way to find racist acts to call out, it means calling out racist acts that you see. Furthermore that logic doesnt follow at all when this thread was made *last night* and this isn't even confirmed to be true. You cant say someone is going against their logic before they even have a chance to respond to it. It's crazy that y'all still believe that we think everyone should apologize for what their ancestors did and should feel guilty for it.

Yep crazy alrighty!!!!!!!!

No Lib would ever expect or insist that whites apologize for what our ancestors did. that would be absurd. Nope it would never.....oh wait.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/how-to-heal-racism-joy-sewing-column-houston-12510316.php

FYI. She was a 2020 Democratic Presidential candidate.

Quote:

Marianne Williamson ....The New York Times best-selling author, internationally known spiritual teacher and native Houstonian was in town recently for her "Love America Tour" at Unity of Houston.

She urged the 200 of us from our seats. She then instructed a white person to hold the hand of a black person standing......Williamson then told the white people to repeat after her. She began with, "I apologize ... ."

Marianne Williamson is right. We need healing. We need real talk about racism in this country. It's time for white people to get it.

An apology is a start.

Far from the only one.

agent-maroon
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

Are you aware that John Singer, an Associate Dean at A&M, has co-authored an article which argues that Kyle Field should be renamed because Kyle's father fought in the Confederate army?

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jsm/aop/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303.xml?content=pdf-6970

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article:

Quote:

Utilizing a collective case study approach, the authors identified 18 facilities that were named after athletic administrators, coaches, and philanthropists who engaged in racist activities or harbored racist views.

E J Kyle had nothing to do with the Confederacy, but his father did, so the son is guilty of racism.

I used to wonder how the Spanish Inquisition could have ever happened. Torturing and murdering people in the name of Christianity. A terror campaign justified by a belief system 180 degrees opposed to the realities of their actions.

I get it now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Haileno40
88planoAg said:

dermdoc said:

OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article.

Are y'all enjoying this as much as me? We do not even have to say anything, they are kicking their own butts.
This has been an enjoyable couple of days for sure. It was depressing to watch the control of the media message, the constant spin, the drumbeat of insistence that we are all racist. The turn around has been superb.

Unlike vile liberals, conservatives wont rush by the thousands to plaster this all over social media, you may have a few but not the same mob style of the left. Mostly because no one blames Mond and also because we arent mental. Unfortunately this will be lost in the news by Monday.
UnderTheHillAg
This isn't even a debate, if Mond wants to walk the walk then he needs to offer the starting gig to James Foster, since he benefited from his privileged lineage.
SMM48
AG
I really should have paid more attention on the elementary/middle school field trips.

This is incredible stuff.

Refugio Benavides
https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fbe76
crowman2010
AG
always gig em said:

Great great grandfather from France?

Well that explains a lot
Yep...playing the wrong football
Brutal Puffin
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

UniqueIGN said:

DTP02 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Yall are absolutely crazy omg. Anti-Racist means exactly that being anti racist. Having ancestors who were bad people doesnt mean you cant be anti-racist. Y'all have created this giant narrative in your heads that doesn't even exist in the real world.

I will type more slowly for you this time. Try harder to keep up. And leave the childish omg's on the playground with the rest of the kids.

"If you aren't anti-racist, you're racist." That's what Kellen said and it's the current dogma for the "movement." What it means is that you have to call out and attack all examples of racism all the time, or you're racist.

Applying the standards that Kellen and his influencers would apply ( not standards I would want applied, mind you), Kellen is racist for not disavowing his ancestors, calling for the removal of any honoring or recognition of them, and abjectly apologizing for their sins.

That is the inevitable, logical requirement of the view he espoused.

Being antiracist doesnt mean always going out of your way to find racist acts to call out, it means calling out racist acts that you see. Furthermore that logic doesnt follow at all when this thread was made *last night* and this isn't even confirmed to be true. You cant say someone is going against their logic before they even have a chance to respond to it. It's crazy that y'all still believe that we think everyone should apologize for what their ancestors did and should feel guilty for it.

Yep crazy alrighty!!!!!!!!

No Lib would ever expect or insist that whites apologize for what our ancestors did. that would be absurd. Nope it would never.....oh wait.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/how-to-heal-racism-joy-sewing-column-houston-12510316.php

FYI. She was a 2020 Democratic Presidential candidate.

Quote:

Marianne Williamson ....The New York Times best-selling author, internationally known spiritual teacher and native Houstonian was in town recently for her "Love America Tour" at Unity of Houston.

She urged the 200 of us from our seats. She then instructed a white person to hold the hand of a black person standing......Williamson then told the white people to repeat after her. She began with, "I apologize ... ."

Marianne Williamson is right. We need healing. We need real talk about racism in this country. It's time for white people to get it.

An apology is a start.

Far from the only one.
I have ancestors that fought on both sides. If my "Confederate" side apologizes, does my "Union" side (in one case a GGGU and 3 of his sons gave their lives) get a "Thank you"? Exactly how does this work? Do we get debits and credits? Are you going to have a scoring system like the ChiComs?

agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I have ancestors that fought on both sides. If my "Confederate" side apologizes, does my "Union" side (in one case a GGGU and 3 of his sons gave their lives) get a "Thank you"? Exactly how does this work? Do we get debits and credits? Are you going to have a scoring system like the ChiComs?

You're making this waaay too complicated. Bottom line - you'll eventually have to pay the reparations just like everybody else.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KPAG
AG
Kellen Mond's ancestory does NOT change the facts :

Sully still fought for the confederate; to keep slavery

Sully was still the negro killer......

Sully statue represents racism and oppression.....

chickencoupe16
AG
KPAG said:

Except none of those are facts.
Ag87H2O
AG
KPAG said:

SeMgCo87
AG
Tanya 93 said:

KPAG said:

Kellen Mond's does NOT change the facts :

He also represents saving this university, giving African Americans an ability to get an education. and building a home for blind and deaf black children to be cared for.

So suck it
Tanya, I'm calling targeting on you!
Tanya 93
SeMgCo87 said:

Tanya 93 said:

KPAG said:

He also represents saving this university, giving African Americans an ability to get an education. and building a home for blind and deaf black children to be cared for.

So suck it
Tanya, I'm calling targeting on you!
Wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

Do they want my recipe for red velvet sandwich cookies?

I freely give it!
Barnyard96
AG
KPAG said:

Does any of the evidence counter to your points move the needle at all or you holding fast on these?
calzinirossi9
KPAG said:

Just curious, but how is it possible a statue can represent racism and oppression? It's just a statue.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
KPAG said:

You said one true thing, and you ignored everything good about Sully and pretend the one "bad" thing is why he is celebrated.

Thinking about Kellen's ancestry and how it produced an outstanding young man, hard worker, skilled QB and beloved Aggie...

Maybe it helps us all put the actions of our forbears in the light of their own times.
SMM48
AG
Edit

Sarcasm. Sorry. Missed it.
dermdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

KPAG said:

So suck it

Damn I can only wish I would have posted that.
Tanya 93
dermdoc said:

Tanya 93 said:

KPAG said:

So suck it

You kinda like me,

Admit it.

tbirdspur2010
AG
KPAG said:

It represents nothing of the kind.

It it were LSR depicted on a steed, riding into battle under a Confederate banner, maybe you'd have a point.

But it's not. He's shown as an academic, and DESPITE his earlier exploits, extended the halls of academia to encompass minorities (during a time when such was still controversial btw).

So...STFU.
dermdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

dermdoc said:

Tanya 93 said:

KPAG said:

So suck it

You kinda like me,

Admit it.

Already have.
BanderaAg956
Tough being part of a wealthy (privileged) family, heavy political (privileged) family, historically active (privileged) family!

The real privilege in this world is power by politics, money, corruption, and violence!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Pantera
AG
Mond should be proud of his ancestry, as should we all! Faults aside, we are here because of the sacrifices they have made throughout humanity's VERY bloodstained past.
schwack schwack
AG
Kellen Mond's family tree is pretty interesting. It also highlights how your ancestors are a product of their own time & might have done things that do not fly today yet they can evolve into super productive citizens & make things better. I believe his relatives did & I believe Sully and many others did, too. He should be proud of their many accomplishments & forgive them for what are now perceived as transgressions, but were, in fact, at that time the "way of the world". His immediate family is an amazing representation of just how far we've come. IMO

Pantera
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

KPAG said:

It represents nothing of the kind.

It it were LSR depicted on a steed, riding into battle under a Confederate banner, maybe you'd have a point.

But it's not. He's shown as an academic, and DESPITE his earlier exploits, extended the halls of academia to encompass minorities (during a time when such was still controversial btw).

So...STFU.
When you get roasted by the person you are trying to "protect" ... good bull tbird
dermdoc
AG
KPAG said:

Take a Midol.
FriscoKid
AG
dermdoc said:

KPAG said:

Take a Midol.

Not medical advice. I read your disclaimer.
Anti-taxxer
AG
dermdoc said:

KPAG said:

Take a Midol.

Did you just assume their gender???
BenFiasco14
AG
KPAG said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
KPAG said:

LIES I'll fix them for you....

Sully still fought for the confederate; because he was a Texan and thought that he should.

Sully was called the N**** Killer in one newspaper article with no context and we don't know the relationship to the author or his motives.

Sully statue represents honorable things that Sul Ross did for Texas A&M University and not every aspect of his life.

Specifically we honor him for the things on the plaque.

Sul Ross was 26 when the civil war ended his legacy was hardly complete at that point but his lifelong contributions should be considered:

Ross did indeed serve in the Confederate army, as did thousands of Texans including the entire 1883 inaugural faculty at The University of Texas. He returned home to Waco and received a full presidential pardon.

He was one of the most vocal supporters of local education for all. He worked with a number of African-American and Indian families as the region struggled to recover. Known for his impartial fairness he was recruited to run for sheriff and arrested a growing gang of white-criminal squatters who preyed on people across East Texas. He abhorred mob violence and was swift to advocate harsh punishment for violators. To emphasis law and order he was the founder and catalyst in 1874 for the Sheriff's Association of Texas, which still functions today.

His only other known memberships was as a Mason (the College Station lodge is named in his honor) and a supporter of a veterans group that raised funding and assistance for the widowed and orphaned families.

As a state senator, he championed education, frontier improvements and agricultural affairs. In 1886 he was elected governor by one of the largest percentage vote totals of any governor in Texas. A fiscal conservative, he balanced the state budget yet insisted that education at all levels be funded. Texas A&M and Prairie View Normal College would not be here today if it was not for Sul Ross. When opponents in Austin attacked, he went directly to the Legislature to prevent it from cutting off funding to both schools.

Ross continued to lead the efforts to expand African-American rural schools when radical Democrats wanted to de-fund support of local black education and he halted numerous attempts to attack the funding for Prairie View, fighting and demanding the Legislature to do the right thing. He won and provided additional funding and jobs after establishing one of the first agricultural experiment stations at an African-American college in the United States.

When African-American Sen. William Holland proposed the hospital for the "Deaf, Dumb and Blind Colored Institute" (today MHMR), Ross supported the full funding. Against massive opposition from the radical white Democrats, he appointed Holland, a Union Army war veteran, as its first director. When asked why, Ross simply noted, "He was the best man for the job."

Concerned with the Texas criminal process, he insisted on a review and upon receiving the report he realized the inequity of justice and pardoned more African Americans than all the previous governors combined.

One of his greatest accomplishments was the support of Prairie View A&M. While opponents in Austin yearly worked to kill funding, Ross made sure the only public school of high education for African Americans would grow and prosper. Ross hired close personal friend, Professor Edward L. Blackshear, the former director of African=American schools in Austin when he was governor in the late 1880s, to become the 'principal' (president) of Prairie View. Blackshear, the most prominent black educator and leader in Texas, testified to the "nobility of his character and his genuine support of education for colored youths."

Ross hosted Blackshear, his staff and students both at his residence on the A&M campus but also at his home in Waco. To encourage the growth of black education, he arranged special reduced train rates for the Black Baptist State Association to hold its annual meetings in Bryan, giving a chance for him and Blackshear to urge the clergy to promote education back home in their congregations.

NicosMachine
AG
I'm not comfortable having a QB whose family was so immersed in the Confederacy and returned escaped slaves for bounties. It's too much at such a sensitive time. Mond, for the sake of us all, needs to step aside as QB and allow someone without such obvious familial flaws take over.
dermdoc
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

dermdoc said:

KPAG said:

Take a Midol.

Did you just assume their gender???
Nope. Midol is ibuprofen. It is the zhe of anti inflammatories.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.