JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,752 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wow...
AMW2010
AG
Sorry... Looks like y'all are the TexAgs police... Can't say whatever we want anymore... Who gives a ****!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I would have preferred a raptor overlooking the construction while wearing a hard hat.
codenameduchess
AG
quote:
wow...

+1
TCTTS
AG
AMW2010, does your dad know you're posting from his account again?
AMW2010
AG
quote:
AMW2010, does your dad know you're posting from his account again?

He sure doesn't!!!
Thunder18
AG
I like that poster
BeefAg_00~
quote:
Chris Pratt might be the most likable guy on the planet

How hard do you like him?
Sex Panther
AG
Harder than you like bees
BeefAg_00~
beef
LawAg05
AG
jeffk
AG
BEES!?!?!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nonregdrummer09
AG
New picture from Jurassic World director, I'll link it in case you don't want to look:

Tease picture
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
they need to throw out a dinosaur to do some interviews, cuz this thing is getting smoked by bats/supes and star wars.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
they need to throw out a dinosaur to do some interviews, cuz this thing is getting smoked by bats/supes and star wars.
I think they are probably waiting on the first trailer first. Which I think is good, for some people the trailer will be a big surprise, might get some people really hyped.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
So was the new park built using the DNA from Nedry's shaving cream? Because if so, didn't they say the can would only keep the DNA cool for 24 hours?

How cool would it be if the intro of the movie takes place during the original Jurassic Park and shows a team sneaking onto the island to retrieve the can during the storm/the following day?
Sex Panther
AG
I'm guessing the studio is drooling after the Chris Pratt explosion.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
I think they are probably waiting on the first trailer first. Which I think is good, for some people the trailer will be a big surprise, might get some people really hyped.

Jurassic World comes out six months before Star Wars, and nine months before BvS. It's not really up against either one. If it's competing with anything, it's with Avengers 2 (early May) and the new Terminator (early July). That said, Jurassic World releases squarely between the two, with plenty of breathing room on either side. Besides, we haven't seen a frame of footage from either of those movie yet either.

My bet is the first Jurassic World trailer will hit the week of October 10 with Dracula Untold (another Universal movie, their big fall release), or with Interstellar the week of November 7. I think the absolute latest we'll see a trailer would be with The Hobbit in December, but that feels a bit late. Most summer movies release their first trailer around November/December the year before, and Jurassic World will be no different. This year, in particular, I expect more than a few big campaigns to likely kick off with Interstellar.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
So was the new park built using the DNA from Nedry's shaving cream? Because if so, didn't they say the can would only keep the DNA cool for 24 hours?

How cool would it be if the intro of the movie takes place during the original Jurassic Park and shows a team sneaking onto the island to retrieve the can during the storm/the following day?

Were there not plenty of other sources of DNA? Weren't most of the dinosaurs created/hatched on Isla Sorna, the island from The Lost World?

If I remember correctly, the original Jurassic Park 4 script from 2004 - the crazy one with dino-soldiers, that eventually got scrapped - actually had a team retrieve the shaving cream canister. It's a horrible script, but if anyone wants to read it, let me know and I'll post it.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
the original Jurassic Park 4 script from 2004 - the crazy one with dino-soldiers

lolwut?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I'm guessing the studio is drooling after the Chris Pratt explosion.

How lucky did Universal get? Guardians could have easily bombed, and Universal definitely took a chance, considering they cast Pratt before a frame of Guardians had ever been seen. Just shows how good he likely was in his audition.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
the original Jurassic Park 4 script from 2004 - the crazy one with dino-soldiers

lolwut?

http://badassdigest.com/2012/10/09/see-the-concept-art-that-helped-kill-jurassic-park-iv/

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/18166

The script is insane. And so, so bad. Was one of Spielberg's more embarrassing ideas.

Actually, the script is more bland than it is horrible. Reads like a generic, SyFy Channel attempt to extend the franchise.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:

Were there not plenty of other sources of DNA? Weren't most of the dinosaurs created/hatched on Isla Sorna, the island from The Lost World?

If I remember correctly, the original Jurassic Park 4 script from 2004 - the crazy one with dino-soldiers, that eventually got scrapped - actually had a team retrieve the shaving cream canister. It's a horrible script, but if anyone wants to read it, let me know and I'll post it.

I guess they could rope some living dinosaurs off those islands to get their DNA, but I think Hammond says in JPII that all the labs and vials of the stuff were shut down/destroyed after the disaster at the first island.
TCTTS
AG
First poster just hit...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
not sure what i was expecting, but "poster I could have made on photoshop in 1994" wasn't it.
LHIOB
AG
The JP logo is such an icon of my youth. I bet I read that book 10 times.
maca1028
Hoping to see the first trailer at Interstellar
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I have to say, that poster is exactly what I want to see.

Simple, and beautifully in keeping with the previous films in the franchise.

Well done.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, it sounds like a trailer is right around the corner. Universal apparently planned to release one with Interstellar, but didn't want to double-dip/oversaturate with their own Furious 7 trailer released at the same time. Word then had the trailer moving back to December to debut with The Hobbit, but now some folks in-the-know are saying it'll be sooner. How soon? Universal just happens to be releasing Dumb and Dumber To TONIGHT, so there's a chance we may see a trailer as early as today. But who knows. A Jurassic World fansite just tweeted this gif/video, with no other explanation...

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B2V-ELmCAAENn7-.mp4

... and they seem to know more about the trailer than anyone at this point, so keep your eyes peeled. I don't think Universal would release a trailer for a movie this big unannounced, but stranger things have happened.
TCTTS
AG
Also hearing that next week with Hunger Games is a distinct possibility as well.
TajMaballer
AG
Full length or teaser?
TCTTS
AG
I'm guessing like a minute-and-a-half teaser trailer.
AMW2010
AG
The trailer for the upcoming "Jurassic World" film will premiere on December 17 alongside "The Hobbit 3." The Epoch Times reports that the trailer was originally expected to be released this month, but was pushed back to accommodate the release of the sneak peak of "Furious 7."
TCTTS
AG
I think that was the original trailer-with-The-Hobbit report I was referring too. Since then, there's been a lot of chatter that it's actually hitting this month, likely next week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.