JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,743 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Example of a great Teaser

Man I loved that teaser. I remember the theater I was in losing their minds when the Joker laughed.
Frank Sobotka
I guess I was hoping to get hit with nostalgia overload. It seems like they were going for with the slowed down theme to get that "chills" effect ( and it seems like some of you did get the desired effect), but the attempt fell flat for me.
Sex Panther
AG
Frank, it's not even a real teaser.
Frank Sobotka
quote:
quote:

Man I loved that teaser. I remember the theater I was in losing their minds when the Joker laughed.
Definitely. I still love rewatching the teaser trailer after watching the movie six years ago. It still gets me pumped!
Gig-Em2003
AG
Frank still doesn't understand what he's watching.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

I still don't understand why you're comparing it to an actual trailer? The Dark Knight teaser trailer you linked to is an actual, complete teaser trailer. It's better because it's something totally different: a real trailer, one that is a contained, fully-realized piece of official marketing. This JW tease will never be seen in theaters, nor is it meant to do anything other alert people that a real trailer is on the way. It is in no way a reflection of the marketing, or meant to officially drum up excitement for the movie itself. I'm not defending doing these stupid teases, but critiquing the content in it seems completely absurd. It's like five quick shots, and isn't meant to be a teaser trailer in and of itself.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, yeah, you guys beat me to it.

Frank, a teaser for a trailer is different than a teaser trailer. I realize the wording is almost identical, but this isn't a complete thing we're watching.
Frank Sobotka
Alright. Fair enough. Hopes are up again.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Same here. It was attached to The Simpsons Movie, if I remember correctly. Such a random pairing. Summer '07. Audience went insane.
unmade bed
Didn't see any saddles on those dinos. I am disappoint.

Also, if they can bring dinos back to life, you bet your ass they can bring Sam Jackson back to kill some mother****ing rogue dinosaurs.
Seven Psycho Ags
So will the actual trailer be where we see the dino soldiers?
CowtownAg06
AG
quote:
Didn't see any saddles on those dinos. I am disappoint.

Also, if they can bring dinos back to life, you bet your ass they can bring Sam Jackson back to kill some mother****ing rogue dinosaurs.
Having Sam come back and play a totally different character would be epic.
jeffk
AG
He could voice one of the raptors after they learn to speak.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I felt the big gate looked CGI-ish, maybe it' s not final effects.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I get a different feeling from this teaser: fear. Yes, fear. And it's because the opening shot of the teaser, of the gates to Jurassic World opening, appear to be CGI. Why does this have to be CGI? They built gates for Jurassic Park, and that was so cool. Gates are easy to do practically, aren't they? And yet here we have these CG gates. What made Jurassic Park work was the smart mix of practical and CG effects, and Colin Trevorrow has made a big deal out of following that example. But CGI gates - this is the sort of lazy 21st century filmmaking that bugs me.

Maybe it's just for the trailer, or maybe they're real gates that have been heavily bolstered by CGI. What do you think?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/23/a-first-look-at-the-jurassic-world-trailer/
LHIOB
AG
It looks like its CGI because of whats on the other side of the gate
zgood10
AG
Interesting point from the comments section:

quote:
It's clearly supposed to look fake- like it's part of an in-film advert for the park

Sort of like a computerized fly-through for investors
TCTTS
AG
I don't know if I buy that. There's not a single indication that it's "clearly" an in-film advertising piece. If it is, great. But I seriously doubt it is.
israeliag
AG
The gates will blow up at one point, is my guess why they are CG.

Or perhaps the will transform into a dinobot.
jeffk
AG
Fingers crossed for Dinosaucers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wasn't there a picture a few months back of the Jurassic World gate being built in Hawaii?
Seven Psycho Ags
Yeah I coulda swore they were filming at the gate at one time or another. I wouldn't panic just yet
LHIOB
AG
I did a GIS for Jurassic World and Hawaii and found some pics of sets being built but none of the new gate. The old gate is still up if I remember correctly.

You can search for the pics if you like but I don't want anything to be considered a spoiler
TCTTS
AG
Did a quick search as well. Didn't find any pics of a gate. Also, as someone who follows that kind of stuff fairly carefully, I don't remember a gate pic either.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I hope this movie has some really cool ending besides "some of the humans escape / cool dinosaur shot / the end" - I understand the in-joke satire of the park itself creating a new dinosaur to draw in audiences, which the movie is also doing, but as much as I love Chris Pratt and as much as I love dinosaurs, I don't want the plot to be - dinosaurs chase humans for 2 hours.

I always think back to the first JP - my brother and I got free tickets that they were GIVING AWAY the night before it debuted. No waiting in line for hours, no camping out, just come see this movie, please.
p-townag
AG
I refuse to believe they would be so dumb to make the gate CGI in the real movie. There is simply no way. No freaking way. If they do that, words can't express how much this movie would crapping the bed. It has to be for a marketing "fly through." IT HAS TO!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS
AG
So incredibly impressed with Colin Trevorrow. I've seen him respond to other tweets like that over the past few weeks, which is just so cool. I love that he's even making the effort. The guy really, truly cares, and has gone out of his way to address the fans and quell any concerns.
RyanAg08
AG
I like this Trevorrow guy.
SapperAg
AG
I'm a huge Dino-nerd, and while not a fan of the genetically over-modified route, I at least appreciate how seriously the director is taking this. He's got me excited.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, in the books, the chameleon dino wasn't genetically engineered. I'm not sure why they decided to throw that wrinkle in there.
jr15aggie
AG
It's nice to know that freaking out over every small detail isn't reserved for Star Wars nerds, comic book nerds, etc.
SapperAg
AG
Admittedly, I'm ticked off that all of the theropods aren't covered in feathers. Including the Rex. Actually, new evidence suggests every Dinosaur had the potential to be covered in feathers or protofeathers.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
It's nice to know that freaking out over every small detail isn't reserved for Star Wars nerds, comic book nerds, etc.
I think someone on this thread or one of the blogs mentioned that JP was his Star Wars and thats kind of how I look at it. The difference being that the 2nd and 3rd movies were terrible. I don't think you can ever recreate 12 year old Adam's reaction to seeing the dines for the first time on screen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've seen the original Jurassic Park on vhs more times than I can count. I know every line and every musical cue by heart. And yet it never gets old.

I love Star Wars, but I only got into them when the prequels came out. So you could say that JP was my Star Wars.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.