JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,774 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty cool to see, if legit...

http://www.slashfilm.com/potential-jurassic-world-map/
TCTTS
AG
No idea what this is, but my interest is piqued...

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm
Excited for Jurassic World? keep your eyes on /Film for something cool very soon.

Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier
Just got a hint of @slashfilm's Jurassic World thing. And it's a massive, massive can't miss. Coming soon.

"Massive" to me says some kind of trailer. But I seriously doubt there'd be any footage released this early. Poster? First shot of a dino? Whatever it is, it's coming within the hour...
Saxsoon
AG
A shot of the main beastie I bet which would be huge
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Peter is pretty tight with the film's producer, Frank Marshall. Marshall may have given him some exclusive artwork of the new beastie or something. I doubt they have actual, completed shots of the dino yet, but we'll see.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, not the "massive" exclusive many had in mind, but this still got me pretty fired up. It's an exclusive interview with director Colin Trevorrow, held specifically to address the reported plot details that leaked last week (posted on the previous page)...

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-plot-details-colin-treverrow/

And honestly, I've never seen a director do this before - specifically address rumors like this so early in the process, and actually confirm some while refuting others. Trevorrow continues to - at the very least - do and say exactly the right things while handling "the internet" in relation to his movie. It's so incredibly refreshing.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/28/2014 6:16p).]
TCTTS
AG
More to the point, this movie sounds incredible. This excerpt, in particular, hints at such a brilliant approach...

quote:
"This film picks up twenty-two years after Jurassic Park. When Derek [Connolly] and I sat down to find the movie, we looked at the past two decades and talked about what we’ve seen. Two things came to the surface.

One was that money has been the gasoline in the engine of our biggest mistakes. If there are billions to be made, no one can resist them, even if they know things could end horribly.

The other was that our relationship with technology has become so woven into our daily lives, we've become numb to the scientific miracles around us. We take so much for granted.

Those two ideas felt like they could work together. What if, despite previous disasters, they built a new biological preserve where you could see dinosaurs walk the earth…and what if people were already kind of over it? We imagined a teenager texting his girlfriend with his back to a T-Rex behind protective glass. For us, that image captured the way much of the audience feels about the movies themselves. 'We've seen CG dinosaurs. What else you got?' Next year, you'll see our answer."

I love when a movie's plot strives to mirror the audience's potential attitude toward the movie/franchise itself. What an organic way of trying to engage the audience.

It's also cool to hear that Pratt's character isn't a dinosaur trainer, which honestly sounded kind of cheesy. Instead...

quote:
"Chris Pratt’s character is doing behavioral research on the raptors. They aren’t trained, they can’t do tricks. He’s just trying to figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings."

Anyway, it's a quick interview, but super-informative. Give it a read.

I absolutely cannot wait for this movie.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/28/2014 6:17p).]
TCTTS
AG
Also...

quote:
"Jurassic World takes place in a fully functional park on Isla Nublar. It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park. There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course."

... the idea of a dinosaur rampaging through a golf course sounds amazing. This has to happen.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/28/2014 6:36p).]
jeffk
AG
Sounds really fun and promising.
agfan2013
AG
Excited for this. Just rewatched Jurassic Park on blue ray this past weekend after a buddy let me borrow the book. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't wait for this movie. Any idea if John Williams is doing the music?

Though him doing both SW and JP is probably too much to ask.
TCTTS
AG
No John Williams. Michael Giacchino, instead, who is responsible for some of my favorite scores over the past few years (Lost and Star Trek, in particular). I think he'll do awesome work with the original theme, and build upon in some cool ways.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/28/2014 9:42p).]
Simplebay
AG
Won't JW be kinda busy sharkie?
JDUB08AG
AG
How old is John Williams? He's gotta be getting up there in age!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
he's 82. I really like the imagery of the teenager texting while a dinosaur is behind the glass because that's the way a lot of the world would probably react to dinosaurs or even aliens - fascinated for a bit - then on to whatever is on youtube or twitter.
Texags is garbage
Maybe I'm just tired and cranky, but I would like to see a dino attack a girl taking a 'duck face' selfie.
Seven Psycho Ags
Ian Malcolm would have a heart attack if he saw Jurassic World. Chaos! He was opposed to Park and look how badly that ended. NOW THEY ARE BUILDING HYBRID DINOS! I'd give anything for a Goldblum cameo where the park calls him for his opinion and he tells them to go **** themselves like Wolverine.

[This message has been edited by Seven Psycho Ags (edited 5/29/2014 6:29a).]
Seven Psycho Ags
Also, I like the idea of people being over the dinosaur craze. Relating that to the real world, I know I would never see a vast majority of the animals at the zoo in my entire life if not for that place, but I still don't go as much as I probably should.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ian Malcolm is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.
zgood10
AG
MUST GO FASTER
AMW2010
AG
quote:
MUST GO FASTER

That's what she said?...
TheDino
AG
Man, yall are getting me excited for this one.
TexasAggie_02
BryanAggie2013
AG
Cool
zgood10
AG
quote:
quote:
MUST GO FASTER

That's what she said?...

It's a Goldblum-ism
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Thank goodness for no trained Dino's. That would have been a 100% non-starter for me.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
MUST GO FASTER

That's what she said?...

It's a Goldblum-ism

Nooooooo ****...
zgood10
AG
Ok
TCTTS
AG
Pretty cool...

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-abandoned-theme-park/
bmc13
TCTTS
AG
With Jurassic World hitting theaters exactly one year from today, Universal has just release the first three official stills from the movie...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If those kids don't get eaten, I'm going to be really disappointed, especially the one who needs a haircut.
TCTTS
AG
I'm rooting for the older one to get eaten. He did a Q&A after The Kings of Summer last year, and was the most obnoxious punk you could imagine. He seriously ate entire thing of popcorn while answering questions alongside the director and another cast member.

The moppy-haired one is the kid from Iron Man 3, so he's ok in my book. I thought he did a great job in that movie without being annoying.
AMW2010
AG
So this just drove by me....

...my day is made!!

Does mean they are filming in Houston now?!?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did you take the picture with a potato?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.