JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,754 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like the FBI might get involved...

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 4/24/2014 12:01p).]
TCTTS
Sex Panther
AG

TexasAggie_02
TexasAggie_02
AG

Sex Panther
AG
^
TCTTS
AG
YES.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm hopeful that ILM goes the extra mile and makes the dinosaurs so amazing that you can't believe they aren't real. I was 19 at the time the first one came out, but the images of the Brachisaurus in the field, the "herds" by the lake in the long shot, the T-Rex in full glory and the raptors going almost completely unseen for 2/3rds of the movie are just indelible to me.

The second movie was basically "Two T-Rexes! T-Rex in the city!" except for that beautiful last scene showing multiple dinos on the island in daylight.

The third movie was "Smart raptors!" "This thing can beat up the T-Rex!" "Pterodactyls!" but none of the wonder. I have watched it a lot because it's on TNT every 25 minutes, but it is disappointing, and not just because Tea Leoni didn't die.

I want JP to be about the wonder of the dinosaurs, not just cranking them out and have them get into wacky scenarios.
Noblemen06
AG
Muckraker, I can identify with what you're saying about the wonder of the reveal of the dinosaurs from the first one. I was a major dinosaur nerd at the time the movie came out so I was freaking out when I saw what looked like real life dinosaurs for the first time (until the dilophosaurus scene had me scrambling under my chair in the theater...I was 9).

I think the fact that most of us were kids and special effects had never produced anything that spectacular before were in Jurassic Park's corner. Since then, we've gone crazy with CGI and special effects in a way that we are almost numb to the magic of moviemaking. It's expected. JP4 has that going against it and that much more of an uphill climb to meet anything close to the impression that the first JP made on many of us.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I think the fact that most of us were kids and special effects had never produced anything that spectacular before were in Jurassic Park's corner. Since then, we've gone crazy with CGI and special effects in a way that we are almost numb to the magic of moviemaking. It's expected.

yep. the big "reveals" in movies like Cloverfield and Super 8 were "meh."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Totally agree with muckraker.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:
100 bucks says a mammal is the problem starter.

a mouse-rat perhaps?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
The second two movies suffered from not having the dinos contained at first. We got a little awe and wonder with the stego reveal but it's just not as majestic as slowly seeing a brachiosaur for the first time. Being back in a park, with a kid as one of the main protags, it should be easy to create that feeling again. It also showed just how dangerous the raptors were when you saw how restrained they were. So dangerous they couldn't even allow you to see them.

This really could be a good start over.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
yep. the big "reveals" in movies like Cloverfield and Super 8 were "meh."

I'm glad that Godzilla has gone a different direction.
Simplebay
AG
some pics

http://imgur.com/a/fynZf
LHIOB
TCTTS
AG
I have a feeling that boat will be attacked by something huge...
Saxsoon
AG
Actually I disagree tccts. I think there is a good chance that because it is so big, it might be smaller dinos that are in the boat. I could see velociraptors sliding around on the deck chasing people.
AMW2010
AG
based off those boat photos, im gonna have to go out on a limb and say this tour is catered for the super rich now...

...or maybe they were having a coupon day...

[This message has been edited by AMW2010 (edited 5/14/2014 3:31p).]
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I want JP to be about the wonder of the dinosaurs, not just cranking them out and have them get into wacky scenarios.

you can get all that on Discovery or AP. I want to see them eat people. This is how it starts...and then there's running...and screaming.
Simplebay
AG

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilery-details-on-jurassic-world-the-park-the-dinos-more
TCTTS
AG
quote:
The big bad dinosaur has instant camouflage abilities, like the cuttlefish, so he blends into the background, is smart like the velociraptor, uses his jaw like a snake, and can terrorize like the T-Rex.

This sounds amazing. Was wondering how they were going to up the dino-factor in this one, and this route makes a lot of sense. Basically, a genetically engineered, super-dinosaur. I just hope the have a better reason for creating it than "greed." I can understand wanting to keep customers coming back, but it seems like there would be less insane/dangerous ways of doing that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't wait for this movie. Sometimes I cant believe Jurassic World, Star Wars, and Batman vs Superman are ALL being made right now.
TCTTS
AG
I know. Along with Avengers 2 and a new Terminator. Both filming right now as well. Crazy.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/19/2014 11:43a).]
Gradin
AG
Sounds crazy and fun
SapperAg
AG
quote:
TCTTS11:33a, 05/14/14

I have a feeling that boat will be attacked by something huge...

Are you suggesting they may need a larger vessel?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
They splice together a T-Rex, raptor, snake, and cuttlefish to create a monstrous new dino that, of course, gets loose and terrorizes the park.

Um, does anyone else think this sounds like a syfy movie description? And there are smart, trainable raptors and T-rexes? Even though we know dinosaurs were unbelievably dumb?

My interest in this movie just took a hit.
SapperAg
AG
Unbelievably dumb? You know Paleontologists don't believe that anymore, right?
Seven Psycho Ags
Hahawhrarhaharhahar
COOL LASER FALCON
I don't have a problem with the training the dinos. I think they'll be like trained bears or lions and not like a Golden Retriever. They can even each chickens to play tic tac toe.

I'm a little nervous about the super modified dino though. That just seems like it gets away from what I like about Jurassic Park.

Still excited though. That concept art looks great.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
The big bad dinosaur has instant camouflage abilities, like the cuttlefish, so he blends into the background, is smart like the velociraptor, uses his jaw like a snake, and can terrorize like the T-Rex.

This sounds amazing. Was wondering how they were going to up the dino-factor in this one, and this route makes a lot of sense. Basically, a genetically engineered, super-dinosaur. I just hope the have a better reason for creating it than "greed." I can understand wanting to keep customers coming back, but it seems like there would be less insane/dangerous ways of doing that.

There was a dino like this in one of the Crichton books. All of the other predators were afraid to enter its territory.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was a dino like this in one of the Crichton books. All of the other predators were afraid to enter its territory.

Can't say I remember that from the book....
jeffk
AG
I think it was in the Lost World, but it's been many years since I read it.
jeffk
AG
Yep, here it is.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Carnotaurus
AMW2010
AG
So carry flashlights..Movie over....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.