JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,773 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Bobcat06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
After the final battle, there was a moment where it looked like the T-Rex and Blue were going to fight, but then out of mutual respect for their teamwork, they decided to go their separate ways (yes, I realize how cheesy that sounds).

No, I dont think you do, because that sounds beyond cheesy...something you'd find in a Scfy channel movie. I hope this movie isn't that bad.
You're criticizing the movie and haven't even seen it?

+1000 Internet Tough Guy Points

Thanks, that brings me up to 100,000 internet tough guy points for the month. And your pathetic laugh/cry response awards you 1000 internet cool guy points. Listen, don't mistake my interpretation of your description of two dinosaurs forming a mutual respect based on teamwork (holy ****, that sounds even cheesier now that I type it), with my impression of how good the movie actually is.

Nope, haven't seen it, and from the reviews on here and from critics, it sounds like a good, basic, light popcorn flick. About what I expect, and I'll see it at some point. But your description sounded really cheesy. So, you see, I was criticizing you, not the movie.
After the TRex and Velociraptor work together to beat the I-Rex, they stare each other down. The velociraptor takes a couple steps backwards as if to recognize the TRex as the alpha predator. The T-Rex cocks his head back and struts away. The velociraptor runs the other direction.

In other words, they decide not to fight because they recognize each other's place in the food chain.
It's cheesy but it fits perfectly with the reiterated theme of the movie "relationship vs control" and social hierarchy. However, I'm sure you have a better alternate theories on why the dinosaurs stared each other down but both ran away instead, and I'd like to hear it.
The Milkman
AG
Finally saw it last night and had so much fun. Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all the time and this was just a blast. Loved all the throwbacks and the badass Dino action.

Fav subtle reference that I haven't seen anyone mention: when the first crew goes out to try and take down the I Rex and he camflauges himself... Blood drips on the guys hand and rolls off. A second drip and rolls off the other way just like Malcolm teaching Sattler about chaos theory
phatpat21
It's been 2 days since I've seen it and I could go watch it again tonight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It's been 2 days since I've seen it and I could go watch it again tonight
Already planning to watch it again sometime this week or weekend.
phatpat21
Heck yeah! If i didn't have 2 young ones under 2, I'd go right now! Maybe I can convince the wife to go again 1 more time. Then again, probably not. O well, enjoy it again! My fav part is when she has the flare and the Trex appears, ready to save the day. I literally got chills cuz you know it's fixin to go down
RyanAg08
AG
Largest opening weekend ever.
JCRiley09
AG
A perfect summer blockbuster. Loved it!
Hulla Baller
AG
Saw it today. I thought it was great!
LisaMarie
AG
Apparently it earned another $100 million+ in the second weekend

I hope Chris Pratt had a good agent so he gets his slice of the pie!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sure he can ask for (and get) at least $15 mill on the next one, plus some of the backend.
TexasAggie_02
AG
*****SPOILER*****

quote:
prediction: T-Rex saves the day at the end (just like the original), reclaiming his throne as the "King"

Called it! (on 4/20/2015)

Loved the movie. Was definitely 2nd out of the 4 movies. I'm not sure where all the hate came from out of those early reviews. Apparently the guy three seats down from me agreed with the reviewers, b/c he wouldn't shut the **** up. Every minute or so he would exhale really loudly like he was pissed off ("pbbbbbbbhhhhhh") then lean to his date and whisper something about how ridiculous it was.

Wish they hadn't shown the helicopter crashing in the trailer. As soon as I saw the CEO flying at the start, i knew he was a goner.

So i didn't keep up with all the little fake press releases about the park and what not. Was the CEO not from InGen? I got the impression that InGen was making the dinosaurs, but the park was owned by a different company. Hence the secrecy with the genetic makeup, and InGen swooping in to clear the lab at the end. They didn't make that really clear, but that's how i read it.

Also, was sad that Jimmy Buffet's cameo was so short. If you blinked, you missed it. He was the guy that grabbed the two margaritas and ran when the pterosaurs showed up.

*****END SPOILERS*****
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
So i didn't keep up with all the little fake press releases about the park and what not. Was the CEO not from InGen? I got the impression that InGen was making the dinosaurs, but the park was owned by a different company. Hence the secrecy with the genetic makeup, and InGen swooping in to clear the lab at the end. They didn't make that really clear, but that's how i read it.
IIRC the CEO was actually the CEO/owner of the investment firm that held the majority stake in InGen or something similar. They made a comment about all of the business he owned/controlled and InGen was only one of them.
Mr.Ackar07
Did anyone else notice the book on Lowery's (the nerd technician) desk by Dr. Ian Malcom titled God Creates Dinosaurs?
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Did anyone else notice the book on Lowery's (the nerd technician) desk by Dr. Ian Malcom titled God Creates Dinosaurs?
Did anyone also notice that the assistant who was tasked with keeping the boys was reading an Ian Malcom book on the tram at the start of the movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I liked that BDH's character called his work station "chaotic".
OldArmy71
AG
Just saw it. I agree Pratt was very good and really made the movie. Bryce Dallas Howard, on the other hand, was really bad, distractingly bad.

Good movie; not profound, but not trying to be. Worth seeing.
TheDraw
AG
Loved it! Although I kept thinking your my boy blue!
Tmoneyag99
AG
I just thought T-Rex was too tired and whipped from the fight and was like "eff it, I'm going to bed...later Blue." I enjoyed the movie for what it was...entertaining and worth the $5 discount day rate.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Finally saw this movie. I enjoyed it even though it had it's cheesy moments for sure. Like when the main characters have time for an embrace and giggle while people are running around getting scooped up by flying dinos all around them. I actually snuck out of work an hour early to catch the matinee!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Walked out after 30 minutes
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:

All you did was rob yourself of some mindless fun.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So you paid to watch a movie and left before the action even started? Why even leave your house?
LeFraud
quote:

Ham Slice MRE
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
So you paid to watch a movie and left before the action even started? Why even leave your house?
The guy named himself after fake spam, you really think solid planning is in his arsenal of tricks
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Sorry to offend. Some further explanation is that is was a super cheap matinee, the theater etiquette on display was terrible and I just wasn't into it. I'll give it another try at home based on so many of you guys that enjoyed it.
double aught
AG
TCTTS
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jurassic-world-2-set-2018-810727
Post removed:
by user
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jurassic-world-2-set-2018-810727
BUT THAT'S TWO YEARS AWAY!!!!!/temper tantrum
Post removed:
by user
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
using that good ole redneck math, huh?

was distracted by cake.
Post removed:
by user
The Collective
AG
I saw Jurassic World last weekend. I enjoyed it more the second time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.