JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,767 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
CHRIS PRATT (OWEN GRADY): Colin saw me in Zero Dark Thirty and thought, "That's the kind of guy I want." Owen was probably spec-ops, a Navy Seal. My idea was that he worked with dolphins in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He works on the outskirts of the island, studying the behaviour of these raptors. He's a rugged guy with a cool motorbike, who likes to fish, fight and ****. He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he prefers Dos Equis.
Great stuff.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
This is pretty great, and well worth your time...

Jurassic World: Oral History
quote:
CHRIS PRATT (OWEN GRADY): Colin saw me in Zero Dark Thirty and thought, "That's the kind of guy I want." Owen was probably spec-ops, a Navy Seal. My idea was that he worked with dolphins in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He works on the outskirts of the island, studying the behaviour of these raptors. He's a rugged guy with a cool motorbike, who likes to fish, fight and ****. He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he prefers Dos Equis.
TexasAggie_02
AG
dang, you posted the same quote while i was posting mine.

that will teach me to refresh before posting
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
rhutton125
AG
Not sure when reviews will hit, but my brother saw an early screening of Jurassic World in LA last night and thought it was pretty bad. Jokes that fell flat. He said on the plus side, the kid wasn't annoying. Don't have a lot more detail to share than that.

Just throwing that out there. As a disclaimer, he wasn't a fan of 2 or 3, just 1.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Not sure when reviews will hit, but my brother saw an early screening of Jurassic World in LA last night and thought it was pretty bad. Jokes that fell flat. He said on the plus side, the kid wasn't annoying. Don't have a lot more detail to share than that.

Just throwing that out there. As a disclaimer, he wasn't a fan of 2 or 3, just 1.
Delete Brother. Ban user.
AMW2010
AG
quote:

Mehh
wangus12
AG
Your brother has poor taste obviously
rhutton125
AG
I knew this would happen. Actually I almost expected someone to doubt that I had a brother and that I made this up, but this works just as well.

He could be in the complete minority, certainly. We'll see what the critics say in a few days. Or, the critics could pan it and it could still be enjoyable. But I just wanted to pass along the one early opinion I'd heard.
The Collective
AG
This movie is going to suck.

If I type it and say it enough, will I really lower my expectations enough to enjoy this flick?
wangus12
AG
quote:
I knew this would happen. Actually I almost expected someone to doubt that I had a brother and that I made this up, but this works just as well.

He could be in the complete minority, certainly. We'll see what the critics say in a few days. Or, the critics could pan it and it could still be enjoyable. But I just wanted to pass along the one early opinion I'd heard.
I think everyone is just giving you shtick. Pretty cool that your brother got to see it already. I'm going regardless of reviews or critics because....well, dinosaurs
wangus12
AG
Also, I'm slightly convinced BDH is gonna die like Saffron Burrows did in Deep Blue Sea. For the greater good and what not.
AMW2010
AG
I did read in an interview she said her clothes got destroyed
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

It's more the point that your major point to pass along was that the jokes felt flat. In a movie that's 97.5% about CGI dinosaurs. It's like if I had seen Fast & Furious 7 two days earlier and came to TexAgs to say "It wasn't that great, the costume design wasn't up to par."
wangus12
AG
quote:
I'd destroy her clothes too
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
You mean the link TCTTS posted on the last page?
rhutton125
AG
Somehow he didn't comment on the special effects, but more that the script was horrible. I hope for everyone's enjoyment that he's wrong.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Somehow he didn't comment on the special effects, but more that the script was horrible. I hope for everyone's enjoyment that he's wrong.
FWIW, I almost didn't see Iron Man because a friend had gone to an early showing and told me it was horrible
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
went to a movie about dinosaurs...complains that the script isnt good.

AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
You mean the link TCTTS posted on the last page?

He doesn't own the internet you know? I don't know where i read it... I rea a lot of stuff on the movie, not just what you see here...
AMW2010
AG
One Thousand!
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
went to a movie about dinosaurs...complains that the script isnt good.

Exactly the wrong attitude to have. It doesn't have to be Shakespeare, but just because it "has dinosaurs" doesn't mean its ok if the script, acting, etc all suck. I'm just tired of the apologist attitude that if a movie is an "action movie" then expectations should be vastly lowered when it comes to decent plot lines, script, and acting. Hell, the first one is a classic, and is the very reason we've had three sequels, because it was so well made and not just an "action movie".

Ok, now commence the usual Entertainment board argument of "regular movie lovers" vs. "movie snobs".
zgood10
AG
67% so far on RT. Anything over 50 and I'll give it a shot.
LHIOB
AG
Uproxx Review
AgMarauder04
AG
Too soon. Rage.
TCTTS
AG
Man, every critic I respect and trust is absolutely ripping this movie apart. I'll still be going in with an open mind, but this is a huge bummer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

It's more the point that your major point to pass along was that the jokes felt flat. In a movie that's 97.5% about CGI dinosaurs. It's like if I had seen Fast & Furious 7 two days earlier and came to TexAgs to say "It wasn't that great, the costume design wasn't up to par."
the first JP had great jokes/one-liners.

"dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth"

"the only person on my side is the blood sucking lawyer" - "thank you"

"when the pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

"well, we're back in the car again"

"clever girl" (not a joke, but great one-liner that's now a meme)

TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Uproxx Review

quote:
In a lot of ways, Jurassic World reminds me of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. The thing we were rooting against in the first movie (the T-800 Terminator, the T. rex, the Velociraptors) now have new models that are even more dangerous, so now we find ourselves rooting for the old model against the T-1000 and the Indominus Rex. (Yes, the same T. rex from the first Jurassic Park is in Jurassic World.)

Supports my theory from 4/20/2015
quote:
prediction: T-Rex saves the day at the end (just like the original), reclaiming his throne as the "King"
TCTTS
AG
quote:
The film never captures the sense of awe it is telling us that we lost; it reminds me of Tomorrowland in that Jurassic World is a movie that browbeats you with what you're doing wrong as opposed to presenting a vision of someone doing it right. We don't experience awe, the film says, because we're jaded and distracted, but then the film fails to give us a single awe-filled moment.

Jurassic World is like a bottle of flat soda that's been sitting in the sun - the caffeine and sugar will still do their thing, but the drink has lost all of its desired taste and fizz. Dinosaurs are always cooler than not having dinosaurs, and the movie moves at a fast enough clip that it never drags. But it also never works, and Jurassic World ends up as a generic bore that will, I think, be more interesting to dissect in the future than to ever actually watch.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/10/jurassic-world-review-the-park-should-have-stayed-closed
jeffk
AG
Didn't a T-rex get chomped by the big bad in Lost World or JP3? Can't remember which.
TCTTS
AG
http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/first-reviews-of-jurassic-world-20150610

http://www.indiewire.com/article/review-why-jurassic-world-is-such-a-huge-disappointment-20150610

http://screencrush.com/jurassic-world-review/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/movies/a15946/jurassic-world-review

http://www.littlewhitelies.co.uk/theatrical-reviews/jurassic-world-30533
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Didn't a T-rex get chomped by the big bad in Lost World or JP3? Can't remember which.
In JP3, a T-Rex got in a fight with Spinosaur (which had never been mentioned in any other movie or book), but that was on Isla Sorna (the breeding ground island), not Isla Nublar (the theme park island)

For reference:
JP - Isla Nublar
LW- Isla Sorna
JP3 - Isla Sorna
JW - Isla Nublar
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Lost World was a different island, not sure about JP3.

JP1 was just the park. They had labs there, but that was all for "show" (which doesn't make sense, b/c there were embryos there for Nedry to steal).

Lost World was a different island, where all the magic really happened. After the Isla Nublar incident (JP1), the second island was abandoned and the dinosaurs ran loose.

Jurassic World is back on Isla Nublar (original park location).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That line always annoys me. The lines before that are great. And then she has to kill the joke with her feminism bs.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
That line always annoys me. The lines before that are great. And then she has to kill the joke with her feminism bs.
I am as anti-feminist as they come in some regards but I thought it was great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.