JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,770 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was reading the characters titles on imdb last night and some of those people have some interesting titles...

Also, Malcolm was like a man ***** right? And his daughter was black... So his son could easily be white, or could be adopted?
SapperAg
AG
quote:
ha. It also just hit me that Malcom said he didn't have any kids in the original, so he would have to be playing a 21 year old to make it work.

Malcolm does have kids in the first movie. He says he has three to Grant.
double aught
AG
He's always looking for a future ex Mrs Malcolm.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
ha. It also just hit me that Malcom said he didn't have any kids in the original, so he would have to be playing a 21 year old to make it work.

Malcolm does have kids in the first movie. He says he has three to Grant.
off my game today
AMW2010
AG
Yeah buddy!!

AMW2010
AG

whys that stegosaurs have the head of a triceratops? Top right toy.... Looks like ingen might be cooking up more different Dino's other than the d Rex?
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
Chris Pratt has somehow been able to tame the raptors or something. He clearly says "Stand down, girl" to one that is charging, someone or something, and it backs off.

Dogs can be incredibly violent and vicious animals and we have millions of them living in our homes. See pit bulls that kill babies or grandma's wiener dog that constantly bites people. However, we can train dogs to be amazing companions and perform incredible feats like...assist us in combat rather than attacking us.

Theoretically, any animal, including raptors can be selectively bred/genetically engineered to be more accepting of humans and willing to please along with having a decreased prey drive. I bet InGen can pump out 2-3 generations of a species in a year. Properly bred animals, raised from birth by hand can be socialized to accept human contact and direction.

/new dog training nerd's dream of having a pet raptor
TCTTS
AG
No more "D-rex" (which was never official). The official moniker is INDOMINUS-REX. Love the idea of watching him feed, Gladiator-style...

http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/
AMW2010
AG
Old news
TCTTS
AG
Not for this thread.
phatpat21
Cannot wait for this movie! Per Trevorrow's Twitter there is a new trailer coming out tomorrow during the super bowl!
AliasMan02
AG
Two of my all-time favorites in that pic... pachycephalosaurus and an ankylosaurus.
AMW2010
AG
HOLY SHEET!!! That trailer!!!
zgood10
AG
Looks so King Kong-ish
Thunder18
AMW2010
AG

tremble
AG
My body is ready.
phatpat21
Looks freaking awesome! Can't wait!
The Debt
quote:
My body is ready.

I miss that experience. I wish I could read it for the first time again.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-effects/

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/new-jurassic-world-trailer-hides-improved-cgi-plain-sight/?mbid=social_twitter
BigTimeAlum
AG
I thought it was funny when he was being interviewed before the Super Bowl and the announcer watched the clip and said "we're you leading a raptor biker gang there?!" Pratt had a "uh maybe that was a bit dumb" look on his face before rolling with it.
TCTTS
AG
I gotta be honest, that latest spot dampened my enthusiasm a bit. Despite the fact that they've obviously improved on the CG from the first trailer, there's still SO MUCH of it. I realize the filmmakers aren't going to build an actual stadium on the ocean, but at least use miniatures in some way. Have something tangible. That opening shot just screams CG in the worst way. Makes everything after it feel fake as hell. Even that close up shot of them touching that injured dino looks CG, when that should totally be a practical model/puppet (and maybe it is - something about it just looks a touch too CG in that brief shot).

That, and I'm really starting to have trouble buying the shock from the characters that a catastrophe of this magnitude has happened yet again. Hopefully this isn't the case in the movie, but the feeling I'm getting from these trailers is that Pratt's character is the only one who even knows about the events of the original iteration. And I get that's the whole point/theme or whatever, but still.

Anyway, I'm still definitely looking forward to this one, I just hope there's a lot more practical effects work than these trailers are letting on, along with more of an acknowledgment of past events.
TCTTS
AG
All that said, this is a phenomenally cool shot/sequence...

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I gotta be honest, that latest spot dampened my enthusiasm a bit. Despite the fact that they've obviously improved on the CG from the first trailer, there's still SO MUCH of it. I realize the filmmakers aren't going to build an actual stadium on the ocean, but at least use miniatures in some way. Have something tangible. That opening shot just screams CG in the worst way. Makes everything after it feel fake as hell.

You read my mind again TC... I want to be excited about this, but honestly if it wasn't for Pratt I'd probably be pretty indifferent.

I haven't seen it in a while so maybe It's not as good as I remembered... But the T Rex from the original looked like a legitimately real dinosaur. This just looks like a PS4 game cut scene. Just so much CGI... I'll hold out some hope though.
TCTTS
AG
^ Saw that sequence again fairly recently, and the T-Rex not only holds up, it's still one of the best all-time effects in my opinion. Looks absolutely photo-real. I once read the reason it works so well is because A) the scene takes place at night, which is obviously much easier to light, and B) they added rain, and the water helps too in hiding any issues with the sheen/reflection. Both were deliberate choices for that very reason. Yet, watching this trailer, literally every single action sequence but one takes place in broad daylight. If anything, things are just plain scarier at night. Makes no damn sense.
AMW2010
AG
My question is if you know these things will attack.... WHY DO YOU HAVE SOOOOOOOOOO MANY IN THE PARK?!?!?

wangus12
AG
quote:
^ Saw that sequence again fairly recently, and the T-Rex not only holds up, it's still one of the best all-time effects in my opinion. Looks absolutely photo-real. I once read the reason it works so well is because A) the scene takes place at night, which is obviously much easier to light, and B) they added rain, and the water helps too in hiding any issues with the sheen/reflection. Both were deliberate choices for that very reason. Yet, watching this trailer, literally every single action sequence but one takes place in broad daylight. If anything, things are just plain scarier at night. Makes no damn sense.
Agreed. It does seem like most of those action scenes appear to be as the dinos begin to escape and run wild. I'm hoping the bulk of it happens during the night.
G Martin 87
AG
"It's killing for sport!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
T-Rex scene in the original is absolutely one of the best special effects of all time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
T-Rex scene in the original is absolutely one of the best special effects of all time.
I don't remember any movie where I've been genuinely terrified and excited at the same time, I was Jessie Spano from Saved by the Bell, seeing that T-Rex, when it ripped apart the car and roared.

It was the genuine feel of seeing something so huge, so terrifying, with no hope of getting away from it. Previous monster movies, even as a kid, you had a certain inherent knowledge that the monsters weren't real, but it was not possible in 1993, even for 19-year-old Muckraker, to not believe that that T-Rex was alive.
MGS
Spielberg >>>> Some random guy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even something as simple as the dilating eye absolutely sold that T-Rex as real.

wangus12
AG
Is it bad that I really want the Rex to eat those little kids. Perfect plot twist
AMW2010
AG
Hadn't seen this anywhere...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Hadn't seen this anywhere...

pointless without Christian Slater.

Sabre Video

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.