JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,733 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pratt
TCTTS
AG
Looks like filming will officially be underway here in a few weeks. The just-announced shooting schedule...

- April: Four weeks in Oahu
- May: Two weeks in Kauai
- Summer: Eleven weeks in New Orleans (likely all interiors)

Also, director Colin Trevorrow just announced via Twitter that some of the movie will be shot in 65mm, which is awesome...

Colin Trevorrow @colintrevorrow
Honored to be working with cinematographer John Schwartzman on Jurassic World, shooting this April on 35mm and 65mm film. @Kodak @Panavision

John Schwartzman shot The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and The Amazing Spider-Man, so the movie definitely looks to be in good hands on that front. Really starting to get psyched for this one...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/6/2014 1:35p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cannot wait.

Still holding out hope for Goldblum...
TCTTS
AG
Trevorrow did tweet THIS a couple days ago. But then followed up by saying it wasn't a coded message/tweet or anything like that. Still, even a cameo would be amazing...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LHIOB
AG
The park gate is still on Kauai
TCTTS
AG
Vincent D’Onofrio set to play the villain...

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/vincent-donofrio-jurassic-world-villain-role/
TCTTS
AG
And the first concrete story/character news of any kind from The Wrap...

quote:
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard star alongside Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins and Irrfan Khan, who will play Patel, the billionaire owner of a new Jurassic Park. An individual familiar with the casting breakdown tells TheWrap that D’Onofrio will play the CFO of the Patel Corporation who projects the image of a normal family man to mask a hidden edge.

http://www.thewrap.com/vincent-donofrio-play-villain-jurassic-world-along-dangerous-dinosaurs/
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, production officially begins TODAY.
TCTTS
AG
Also, THIS jeep has been spotted on set. Considering the park has been remodeled/renamed, I wonder if this means we'll be seeing a flashback or two (which could be kind of cool)...

TCTTS
AG
Just realized that next month, each of these movies will be filming simultaneously...

- Jurassic World
- Avengers 2
- Batman/Superman
- Star Wars Episode VII
- Terminator Genesis

That's kind of insane.
Drawkcab
Tamed dinos is actually kind of interesting. In the book Henry Wu tries to convince Hammond to let him engineer more docile, tame animals because he thought they didn't meet people's expectations. He thought creatures that large shouldn't be able to move that fast. Species which looked or acted differently than they were previously believed to have done so could be "fixed" to give people what they wanted to see.
israeliag
AG
quote:

I was hoping that would have been the jeep that Nedry used... but it's not:

Same jeep type though, and given the rust, it might be one they find along the way or something.
TCTTS
AG
First official pics from the set...

TCTTS
AG
Also, some plot details from director Colin Trevorrow...

On actor Omar Sy's character:

quote:
“He’s essentially Chris Pratt’s best friend,” he said of the Sy character. “They work together and have some pretty cool action scenes together. I wanted to create a relationship there that could be memorable and potentially carry on to future films.”

On the overall conflict:

quote:
“It’s about alpha dominance and the fact that humans have been the alpha species for a very long time”, he explained, “and so now we’ve brought back another that happened to be the alpha species during its time, and we have to co-exist, so what is that relationship?”

And finally, in a very welcomed bit of news, Trevorrow also revealed that the dinosaurs won't be entirely CGI, and will use a lot of animatronic effects as well. So awesome.

Cannot wait for this movie...
Thunder18
AG
Sweet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still holding out hope they get Goldblum.
MW03
AG
quote:

TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Ok, I absolutely love director Colin Trevorrow now...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/23/score-badass-digest-gets-first-look-at-jurassic-world-recycling-bins/

Is it weird that Trevorrow's sense of humor here gives me even more faith in this movie than before?
Sex Panther
AG
How did a guy whose only feature directing credit is Safety Not Guaranteed, get this job?

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 4/23/2014 5:05p).]
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, no idea. I wasn't even a huge fan of that movie.

But studios are warming up more and more to "inexperienced" directors because they're easier to tame, control, etc. (kind of like Gareth Edwards landing Godzilla). Once Trevorrow had the job, though, he ended up really grabbing the project by the horns and pushing back. His commitment to getting the script just right is why Universal ultimately pushed the movie back to summer 2015 (it was originally scheduled to hit this June).

Trevorrow apparently hit it off Spielberg when interviewing, and I do know that had a lot to do with it. Spielberg was pretty involved with the story/script, and whatever Trevorrow said impressed Spielberg enough to hire him. And everything Trevorrow has said/done since then has at least been on-point; emphasizing the need for a great story and legit reason to revisit the franchise, along with shooting on 65mm, utilizing practical effects, hiring a pretty awesome cast, etc.

I have no idea if he will, but I'm really rooting for him to knock it out of the park.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/23/2014 5:41p).]
TCTTS
AG
^ No pun intended.
Sex Panther
AG
Interesting, hopefully it will be good. I liked Safety Not Guaranteed, but it was just so different from this.

At least Edwards had made a movie about giant monsters before Godzilla. It almost seemed like he made it just to get the Godzilla job.
TCTTS
AG
Good point. Maybe more like Marc Webb going from 500 Days of Summer to The Amazing Spider-Man? But even Webb had directed a ton of music videos before that point. I have no idea if Trevorrow has directed anything else at all - even a commercial - outside of Safety Not Guaranteed..
TCTTS
AG
Btw, I just had an idea when thinking about how Trevorrow may have landed the job and what we know of the plot so far. Just got me even more excited...

Basically, in this movie, we know that the park has finally been realized and is now a huge tourist destination. But ultimately, the dinos figure out how to escape, or there's a Nedry-like event that allows the dinos to escape. Just this time with tourists all over the park.

And you know what movie that reminded me of? Jaws. Tourists flock to a destination, a killer animal starts offing them one by one, and it's up to a small contingent to slay the beast. Put Chris Pratt in the Roy Scheider/Brody role, Omar Sy potentially as a Quint-type, and Bryce Dallas Howard as the Dreyfuss/scientist expert (which we know she's playing), and maybe this movie is basically Jaws, on the island, just with a lot more killer beasts. And it could be that's what Spielberg warmed to in Trevorrow's take.

We know Pratt's character is some kind of action-type, and that Sy plays his best friend and co-worker. So maybe Pratt has been brought on as head of dino security or somthing, in much the same way Brody was brought on as police chief. He's somewhat skeptical, maybe overly concerned, with Vincent D'Onofrio in the mayor-type role; the corporate head (which we knows he's playing), who wants to keep the show going. But the dinos eventually escape, start killing tourists, and then Pratt has to put together a team to take them down, which includes dino-gene expert Bryce Dallas Howard, who (judging by the picture) isn't really the "field" type. Throw in some kids, Henry Wu, Jake Johnson, and a Goldblum cameo even if it's just on a TV, and I'm all-in.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/23/2014 8:07p).]
Topkat
100 bucks says a mammal is the problem starter.
LHIOB
AG
Not really on topic but TCTTS has been checking this thread...

Im a huge MC fan and Sphere is far and away my favorite book. Any chance its gets the movie it deserves?
TCTTS
AG
Haven't heard anything, but I seriously doubt anyone tries another adaptation any time soon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think Sphere is in my bottom 5 of movies I actually wanted to see in the theater.
ro828
Samuel L Jackson may well have been killed in the first movie. But he left behind enough DNA material that someone could clone him and bring him back for revenge in this film.

Actually, the setup for #4 sounds very much like the setup for Crichton's movie WESTWORLD from the early 1970's.
BarryProfit
Hollywood sucks these days, nothing original way too many refreshes. It's not their fault, they just follow the money and apparently there are enough of the mind mushed masses to lap up this repetitive half baked garbage. Those true artists out there should be embarrassed, but I guess their fat bank account helps cushion the blow of selling out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I bet Dodgson is the main villain in this one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
100 bucks says a mammal is the problem starter.

a mouse-rat perhaps?
zgood10
AG
We got Dodgson here

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.