JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,735 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's nice to know that freaking out over every small detail isn't reserved for Star Wars nerds, comic book nerds, etc.
I think someone on this thread or one of the blogs mentioned that JP was his Star Wars and thats kind of how I look at it. The difference being that the 2nd and 3rd movies were terrible. I don't think you can ever recreate 12 year old Adam's reaction to seeing the dines for the first time on screen.

I've seen the original Jurassic Park on vhs more times than I can count. I know every line and every musical cue by heart. And yet it never gets old.

I love Star Wars, but I only got into them when the prequels came out. So you could say that JP was my Star Wars.

I'm just glad there are others out there like me....
LHIOB
AG
On Kauai a few years ago doing a helicopter tour and the pilot had his iPod set up with music that was cued to the tour. When we dropped into the valley where the helicopter lands the JP theme starts up and I don't know if I have ever been more pumped. It was awesome and I wish I had video of my reaction because Im sure it wasn't much different than the end of Auburn game.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Full Trailer just dropped online.

At least they are not hiding the ball on new Dino, hate it when trailers do that
Simplebay
AG
Good trailer. I'm excited
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'll say the new dino storyline I'm cool with. It builds the narrative from the other movies and moves the whole idea of "man playing God" along instead of just the usual "people run from dinosaurs" of movies 2 and 3.
videoag98
AG
Can't Wait! Hope they cut back on the CGI and go back to the basics.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
What's going on in that last shot by the way? Are those raptors actually trained? Seems like Pratt doesn't have any issue with riding with them.
double aught
AG
Thought the trailer was coming out Thanksgiving day.
AMW2010
AG
I was cool with the whole trailer ... Until the end... Riding with trained raptors?! That's the only part that looks a little off... The rest, looked actually really good!

I wonder why it came out today? Take people's mind off of ferguson? Lol
videoag98
AG
Probably has leaked out, so they said eff it and released it today. That's my guess.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
What's going on in that last shot by the way? Are those raptors actually trained? Seems like Pratt doesn't have any issue with riding with them.

I think they are all running from the new dino. The point is to show that even the raptors are so scared of it they don't even care about Chris Pratt.
zgood10
AG
Didn't like the look of the CGI... especially the aquatic dino shark feeding scene. I feel like the dinos will resemble the ones in King Kong.

But

Movie looks awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Didn't like the look of the CGI... especially the aquatic dino shark feeding scene. I feel like the dinos will resemble the ones in King Kong.

My thoughts exactly. Reminded me a lot of the new Hobbit stuff.
hurleyag
AG
Chris Pratt in a velociraptor biker gang!
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I think they are all running from the new dino. The point is to show that even the raptors are so scared of it they don't even care about Chris Pratt.

Pratt's character is a behavioral biologist working with the Raptors, right? It's certainly possible he is more comfortable with them and visa versa. Maybe they've been tamed via engineering?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes.

The good: continues the themes from the original film, and looks like it'll be most similar to that one, tonally.

The bad: Some questionable CGI, and not enough John Williams.

Wonder why they decided to ignore the official countdown.
wangus12
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I can't say I was amazed, but I think it looks good. Not a huge fan of the aquatic dino shot, felt the CGI looked a little iffy but may just be me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Agree the CGI didn't look great, but I know I'm looking at it with a critical eye because I want the dinos to be as awesome as I remember in 1993 - texture and skin and muscle.

Not sure why Chris Pratt is hunting an enormous dinosaur with the smallest gun possible, but I guess I gotta trust StarLord.

Love, LOVE the river shot with the brontos and the stegos and the people in Kayaks. I'd do that ride over and over until I was bankrupt.

Seems like the giant thing in the water could destroy the train track with one swish of its tail, but maybe I'm just being a dino a-hole. Good detail in that shot, you can see people recording the image on their phones in the crowd.

Has a very Jaws 3 / Deep Blue Sea plot to it, but no Louis Gossett Jr. or Sam Jackson.

And jeez, why the hell are they still breeding raptors? THEY KILL PEOPLE IN EVERY MOVIE! CLEVER GIRL!
SapperAg
AG
Because one day you may need to look awesome as you ride your motorcycle through the jungle. That's why, my friend.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I would remain calm about the CGI stuff in the first trailer, usually editing and rendering are not complete when trailers come out, which is why the shots of CGI are so brief.
zgood10
AG
quote:
I would remain calm about the CGI stuff in the first trailer, usually editing and rendering are not complete when trailers come out, which is why the shots of CGI are so brief.
I'm just getting really bad flashbacks of the dinosaur canyon stampede in King Kong.... so bad...
hurleyag
AG
quote:
Love, LOVE the river shot with the brontos and the stegos and the people in Kayaks. I'd do that ride over and over until I was bankrupt.
Agreed!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also, pretty sure they released it today once JJ announced Star Wars trailer would be out on Friday.

if JW debuted Thursday night during football on a major holiday, it's a pretty diminished audience in terms of buzz and hype because by Friday a.m. (I'm assuming) - the Star Wars trailer will have been put online and a majority of the world will completely forget that JW came out.

This way, they at least have the main focus to themselves for today, tomorrow and Thursday, unless SW leaks before Friday
claytonwakefield06
AG
my day at the office just got significantly better after watching the full trailer
wangus12
AG
I thought the release was supposed to be a teaser. Not a full length trailer
TCTTS
AG
I go on a run and of course they drop the trailer while I'm away.

That said... wow... that is a really, really good trailer. I kind of even love it. I definitely agree that the CGI looks a little King Kong/Hobbit-ish, but we're still six months out. It's definitely not even close to finished. For a comparison, take a look at the difference in CGI between the first trailer and the final movie for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes...

As for the Pratt/raptor stuff, I actually think it can work. If they can genetically engineer a brand new dinosaur, they can definitely tweak the raptors to be more obedient. Like Bryce Dallas Howard's character says, they've learned more in the last decade than they have in a century of digging. Not to mention, it could provide a nice narrative parallel: Pratt thinks it's a bad idea they created a new dino, but then he may learn the same type of lesson, thinking he could ultimately train the raptors, but they finally turn on him, etc.

Overall, I'm super-stoked. As long as they get the CGI up to par and showcase/utilize more practical effects (which they've said they're doing), they definitely seem to have a handle on the story/characters. Hopefully we're in for something special.

And yeah, the trailer releasing today is an obvious reaction to Disney announcing yesterday that The Force Awakens trailer is hitting Friday. Universal needed/wanted a bigger window. It'll still play during the Seahawks/49ers game as planned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

For whatever reason they never put out a true teaser. Comes out in six months so I'm guessing we'll get a second trailer in about three or four months and that'll be it.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

That's what we all thought. But then a few days ago we saw that it was officially registered at 2:30 in length. Universal wanted as much bang for their buck as they could get, seeing as it'll be premiering on TV in front of a giant, nationwide audience Thanksgiving night.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

For whatever reason they never put out a true teaser. Comes out in six months so I'm guessing we'll get a second trailer in about three or four months and that'll be it.

Likely with Furious 7 on April 3. Only other big Universal movie around that time. Makes the most sense.
CowtownAg06
AG
Loved it
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's nice to know that freaking out over every small detail isn't reserved for Star Wars nerds, comic book nerds, etc.
I think someone on this thread or one of the blogs mentioned that JP was his Star Wars and thats kind of how I look at it. The difference being that the 2nd and 3rd movies were terrible. I don't think you can ever recreate 12 year old Adam's reaction to seeing the dines for the first time on screen.

I've seen the original Jurassic Park on vhs more times than I can count. I know every line and every musical cue by heart. And yet it never gets old.

I love Star Wars, but I only got into them when the prequels came out. So you could say that JP was my Star Wars.

I'm just glad there are others out there like me....

Same here
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I go on a run

This is the reason I never exercise; don't want to miss a movie trailer!

I already hate that kid's haircut, but I know he won't die, but would love to see a darker ending, like the way the novel had the raptors on the boat headed for the mainland.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll leave this hear:

Ace Jurassic Park

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.