JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,755 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
There have always been some liberties taken with the dinos... the spinosaurus should have been baryonx or suchimimus going by size and the velociraptors were based on deinonychus or possibly utahraptors... and it wasn't just at the movie level, crichton used the wrong dino on a couple different occasions
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Are they actually going to make velocraptors the correct size?

Are you really asking if they're going to make the raptors small, feather-covered critters?

The raptors in JP are really more Deinonychus, which is still a type of velociraptor (subfamily Velociraptorinae). Just, you know, without the feathers.

[This message has been edited by AliasMan02 (edited 6/23/2013 7:06a).]
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
And for those who haven't clicked on the Independence Day 2 thread, here's the current (insane) line-up for summer 2015...

05.01.15 - The Avengers 2
06.19.15 - Assassin's Creed
06.19.15 - Inside Out (Pixar)
07.03.15 - Independence Day 2 (aka ID Forever Part 1)
07.10.15 - Pirates of the Caribbean 5

TBA:
- Jurassic Park IV
- Man of Steel 2
- Star Wars Episode VII

MEEN Ag 05
AG
The other day my two year old son had a Batman action figure riding on a t-rex toy - I'm not going to get his hopes up, but I'll be watching the production photos and previews carefully....
SapperAg
AG
Spinosaurus was probably the right size if you extrapolate from the very limited bones found of the animal (maybe a little smaller in the movie than in reality).

Baryonx would have been a good bit smaller than the T-Rex.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
The raptors in JP are really more Deinonychus, which is still a type of velociraptor (subfamily Velociraptorinae). Just, you know, without the feathers.

This is true, though the movie made them much larger than the average deinonychus.

I don't have a huge problem with the differences, because for the movie (and to a lesser extent, the book), some liberties had to be taken. No one would have been as scared or as thrilled by Muldoon trying to hunt down an oversized chicken. Plus velociraptor just sounds cooler right?
AliasMan02
AG
They also didn't know about the feathers until some time after they started production, I think.
ro828
It sounds like the story for # 4 goes back to the source of the original story: Crichton's screenplay for WESTWORLD. Sounds like it's going to be fun.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
TCTTS - can you clarify if this is a reboot or is supposed to follow JP3?

Sorry, missed this earlier. From what I understand, it definitely follows JP3, but this is planned to be a re-launching of the series as well. Think of it as a continuation of the previous story, building on those events, but it's also kind of like a 2.0 version of the first movie, trying to breath new life into the franchise. If that makes sense.
Saxsoon
AG
Kind of like tron or fast five
TCTTS
AG
Exactly (though, wasn't the fourth FF movie the one to "restart" the new arc?).
BillOnCapitolHill
So we can assume Sam Neil or Jeff goldbloom won't be the protagonist.

Here is the problem with JP it gets to be extremely repetitive, humans surrounded by carnivorous dinosaurs and their attempts to get off the island. Each flick attempted to introduce new dinos or new technology. At least with lost world they broke convention and brought the animals to civilization.

I think a more compelling story would be the containment of certain species. For example, in the Lost World did the TRex or baby kill all the people inside the bridge of the freighter? Thats a pretty tight space. Well, I like to think the Vs did that. They continue to try and find ways off the island. In the book the Vs in the water were described to look like alligators as they swim, just their head or nostrils breaking the water.

Life finds a way.

And at the end of JP3 we see pterodactyls flying outside the park.

So yes containment is a story line I would like to see, it has all the original implications of man vs nature and man vs inevitability.
TCTTS
AG
Official title and release date confirmed:

JURASSIC WORLD will hit theaters June 12, 2015, sandwiched right in between Avengers 2 (May), Terminator (June), Independence Day 2 (July), and Batman/Superman (July).

May take some time to warm up to that title, though I'd say it at least gives credence to the rumor that the original park is finally re-opened this go-around, with the title potentially playing off the "Sea World" moniker.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 9/10/2013 7:57p).]
shalackin
AG
sharkenleo
It's all good and well, but I won't be convinced until they get Jeff Goldblum.
bevokilla
AG
The idea of dinosaurs working with humans to fight a new dinosaur threat on an island where all the dinosaurs were created by humans sounds ****ing awful.

I'll probably see it anyways.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
Sam Jackson has done countless interviews where he says he could have perfectly well survived the raptor attack and appeared in any future JP movie with a prosthetic arm.

It would be robotic! But it is true that they never actually showed Dr. Arnold die.

You might have never seen him die, but im sure hes dead, because you sure as hell never saw him get off the island either.. and well a brothers gotta eat!
jeffk
AG
Anyone remember Land of the Lost?

Loved that show when I was little, but looking back on it now...
FAST FRED
AG
Sounds great!!!

Maybe Barney and Baby Bop will be the new dinosaurs.

Seriously, I took all my grandkids to KLRN's Dinosaur George touring exhibit, sponsored here by the Marble Falls Library.

http://www.dinosaurgeorge.com/Prehistoric_Tour.html

This Zoology major/dinosaur fan was very, very, very impressed by the quality of what was shown and all the kids really liked it too.

150 bony or replicated exhibits, including a T-Rex skull, an Allosaurus skull, an Apatosaurus femur, a prehistoric crocodile skull, Triceratops horns, Stegosaurus tail spikes and several Velociraptor skulls and claws.

Plus Trilobite fossils, dinosaur eggs, a Megalodon tooth, prehistoric horse bones and sabre-tooth cat skulls.

Free and very informatively displayed in chronological order with Dinosaur George and another expert there eager to answer any questions.

It's the best touring exhibit to come to our town since a replica of the Vietnam War Memorial was here.

Very highly recommended as to content, if you get a chance to see it or bring it to your town or city.

BTHO Alabama!!!!!

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 9/11/2013 1:20p).]
TCTTS
AG
Bryce Dallas Howard in talks for an apparent lead role...

http://www.thewrap.com/bryce-dallas-howard-in-early-talks-to-star-in-universals-jurassic-world-exclusive/
TCTTS
AG
This would be fantastic. Jake Johnson may now have a role in the movie...

http://thefilmstage.com/news/jurassic-world-sets-iron-man-3-star-in-lead-role-eyes-jake-johnson/
sharkenleo
But I want Jeff Goldblum
TCTTS
AG
No one's said he's not in it yet...
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Unless you replace Louis Gossett Jr. with SLJ with an afro, an eyepatch, and a lightsaber with a lit cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth all at the same time

FIFY
TexasAggie_02
AG
Shia LeBouf or GTFO
Tomdoss92
AG
sharkenleo
MrPlow2010
AG
They signed that little kid from Iron Man 3 yesterday as one of the main characters too.
PatAg
AG
That is one of my favorite shirts I have ever seen.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Josh Brolin likely joining the cast...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/josh-brolin-eyeing-jurassic-world
TCTTS
AG
For those wanting to keep track, rounding out the cast so far...

- Josh Brolin
- Bryce Dallas Howard
- Jake Johnson
- Ty Simpkins (kid from Iron Man 3)
- Nick Robinson (main teenager from The Kings of Summer)

Throw in a couple more "name" actors in roles yet to be cast + a familiar face or two from the first movie (Jeff Goldblum, please) and this is turning out to be a pretty cool cast.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 10/18/2013 2:25p).]
TCTTS
AG
Not that it really matters, but it looks like Simpkins & Robinson are playing brothers...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/josh-brolin-in-talks-to-star-in-jurassic-world-1200738454/
TCTTS
AG
If this turns out to be true, this cast just went from fun/cool to AWESOME. Re: Idris Elba potentially signed on...

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-idris-elba-cast-in-jurassic-world/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Idris-Elba-Rumored-Face-Dinosaurs-Jurassic-World-39936.html

http://www.jurassicworld-movie.com/news/1221
sharkenleo
Any chance he repeats his famous line "Tonight we are cancelling the apocalypse!" a la Goldblum with "Must go faster."?
TCTTS
AG
Whoa, Chris Pratt in, Josh Brolin out. Pratt is officially BLOWING UP...

http://www.thewrap.com/chris-pratt-jurassic-world-lead-role

Also, just FYI, it looks like the Idris Elba stuff didn't pan out, and the Jake Johnson rumor is still iffy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.