JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,758 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's not even about feminism really, it just isn't funny.
jeffk
AG
Thanks for the movie/island refresher, gents.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/first-reviews-of-jurassic-world-20150610

BOOM.

quote:
They were so preoccupied with whether they could make a fourth "Jurassic Park" movie, they didn't stop to think if they should.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
also, how do you get DNA for an aquatic species? Finding mosquitoes in amber is hard enough, but finding DNA of a sea creature?
jeffk
AG
Leeches?
AMW2010
AG
I still say meh to the "critics" I've heard great things about Entourage, it was given 20% rotten, but 80% liked by the audience...

Y'all know how I feel about this franchise, so maybe I'm jaded... But y'all also know how I feel about critics...

A movie to me is like a bottle of wine... Someone had to plant the grapes, harvest them, put the work in to get it into a bottle, then selling it, not all wine is great, but it's worth appreciating someone's hard work that was out into it. Like movies, people worked hard to entertain y'all...

But that's just like my opinion

TCTTS
AG
quote:

A movie to me is like a bottle of wine... Someone had to plant the grapes, harvest them, put the work in to get it into a bottle, then selling it, not all wine is great, but it's worth appreciating someone's hard work that was out into it. Like movies, people worked hard to entertain y'all...

I guess I can understand where this snobby, nose-in-the-air charicature opinion of critics comes from, and way many of you feel the way you do about critics, but it's such a stereotypical view. The ones I follow and trust in WANT each and every movie they see to be good. They're fans. They don't go into movies looking to pick them apart. Most of their critiques are usually valid, and again, come from a place of wanting the movie to move them in some way. And just because hard work goes into something doesn't mean it should get a free pass. It's possible to critique something AND appreciate the hard work that went into making it.
AMW2010
AG
Oh I agree about just cause you put hard work in it's going to be great, I just appreciate the good wine with the bad so to speak...

Put plot holes or something that just doesn't seem on point in my opinion is what makes some movies great... Cause without those things I would feel like this is just a movie about real life... People see movies like this an Star Wars to escape reality, like a good book can transfer you to another place... If I wanted to read a book about real life, I'd write one myself, but I go in expecting to be whisked away to somewhere else

And in the end it's science fiction, it's just fun... I think it's why reasons like sharknado do so well, or those other sci if movies, they aren't blockbusters, but people just like to be entertained
D12Lloyd
AG
Peter Travers of Rolling Stone has a positive review up. That at least makes me hopeful. Don't know how the rest of you feel about him but he's a critic I tend to agree with.
AMW2010
AG
Oh and I didn't try to compare critics to snobby wine people....

I like to compare thibgs to what it takes to make a bottle of wine, cause it's a lot of hard work... And not all wine is good, so I try to appreciate the good wine as muh as the bad because some put a hell of a lot of work to making it.
Carlo4
AG
quote:
quote:
Somehow he didn't comment on the special effects, but more that the script was horrible. I hope for everyone's enjoyment that he's wrong.
went to a movie about dinosaurs...complains that the script isnt good.

Transformers 4 with the dinobots..
AMW2010
AG
Anyone going tonight?
Post removed:
by user
Noblemen06
AG
7:40 showing tonight...D-Box seats
AMW2010
AG
I don't get to go until Monday
Thunder18
AG
7:30 tonight
Carlo4
AG
10:45 tonight
AMW2010
AG
Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

https://www.facebook.com/JurassicPark/videos/935568429821374/

AMW2010
AG
Cool fact...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.
Post removed:
by user
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
45 minutes in West Houston. Fiance usually goes to bed at like 8 since she's up at 430 every morning. Convinced her to stay up!
phatpat21
Let us know what y'all thought about it later tonight! I'm not going until Saturday
TCTTS
AG
Yeah curious to read a few reactions tonight. Not seeing it 'til Friday night.
Btron
AG
10:35 Saturday morning but I'm sure we'll have some reviews before then. This for some reason is my wife's favorite franchise. Every time ANY of these movies is on she has to stop down on them.
She's pumped!
AMW2010
AG
quote:
10:35 Saturday morning but I'm sure we'll have some reviews before then. This for some reason is my wife's favorite franchise. Every time ANY of these movies is on she has to stop down on them.
She's pumped!

Sounds like you sit got a keeper than!!
Post removed:
by user
AMW2010
AG
Just got an email from the park... Sounds like all hell has broken loose...
Check out the video cams, people are running like something is chasing them!!

http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-cam/

technoengr
AG
Just got home from the theater. Overall a little disappointed. This movie is definitely more violent/gory than the others. I agree that the cheese factor was pretty high. LOTS of throwback scenes to the original.
Thunder18
AG
It definitely exceeded my expectations going in, despite a few minor plot holes and a little hokey-ness here and there because dinosaurs are awesome! I would also say more jokes hit than missed by the reaction of the theater. I am admittedly a huge JP fanboy so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Overall I really liked it and the group I was with all thought it was really good too!
boogieman
AG
The final showdown was worth the price of admission.

Such an odd feeling watching this movie. It's a sequel, but felt like a reboot of the original.

I wish they would have had some kind of mention on how they managed to get Jurassic World opened up after the disaster of the original park 20 years earlier.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Just got an email from the park... Sounds like all hell has broken loose...
Check out the video cams, people are running like something is chasing them!!

http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-cam/

The good news is, no line for the Gyrosphere ride!
BigRobSA
Just got back, myself. First blockbuster first viewing I've been to here in BFE Iowa in approx. 9 yrs now that was overflowing packed.

It was a great summer flick. Not going to win any oscars for acting, but it's a freaking DINOSAUR movie.

Oh, and if your kid and/or wife/GF can't SHUT.THE.F?CK.UP. please...don't take them to any movie, but especially not a packed house, opening night movie. Stupid chick behind and to the right of me kept muttering "Oh sh/t!" at every turn and the kid on the other side of behind me kept talking about what dinosaur it was, or what whatever joke they said meant. Came close to ruining it for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.