JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,725 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Chris Pratt is the guy who really respects and knows dinosaurs but still has a rifle to shoot them.

That really dropped my interest level. What kind of place wouldn't have plans for the animals getting out? One POS helicopter and guys on foot to take out a 40-foot tall killing machine?

But this thread did give birth to the best movie idea not in production:

Predator with Dinosaurs
wangus12
AG
Its Jurassic Park, so I will see it. Definitely looks better than the 3rd one. Possibly on par with the 2nd and nothing is going to be as good as the first so it doesn't matter.

Looks like an action film and I'm kind of looking forward to the different approach with the offensive. You know it isn't going to end well.
Gigem314
AG
Like wangus said, nothing will ever be as good as the first one. That was the first "grown up" movie I ever saw in the theater as a kid, so nothing will compete with that.

But I like what I'm seeing. The plot looks every bit as good as The Lost World, taking elements from that one and the original Jurassic Park.

And with the newest trailer, you can really see more of Pratt's character. It looks like he's a combination of Grant (appreciates and respects dinosaurs), Malcolm (witty, cautious), and Muldoon (more-so the Muldoon from the book who was a badass).

I definitely look forward to seeing it.
AMW2010
AG
So I read apparently they didn't cleanse the island... And their are rouge Dino on one part.. Ie wild raptors... That will play a part...it was even hinted in that first poster with the raptor over looking construction
wangus12
AG
Also, Vincent D'Onofrio is so dead in this movie it isn't funny
Aggie_Journalist
AG
So, instead of talking raptors, we get a D-Rex that can tell other dinosaurs to attack the humans?

I can't tell if that's a step in the right direction or not.
agmag90
^^ if that's the case, not a step in the right direction IMO . That's exactly what happened in How To Train Your Dragon 2, it would be so unoriginal
wangus12
AG
quote:
it was even hinted in that first poster with the raptor over looking construction
What poster?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
it was even hinted in that first poster with the raptor over looking construction
What poster?

wangus12
AG
^Gotcha. Thanks
TCTTS
AG
Maybe it was just my lowered expectations, but I was actually pretty impressed with this latest trailer. Granted, they seemed to have traded in the awe of the first movie for guns blazing, wall-to-wall action, and that kind of sucks, but if that's the movie they're going to make, I guess I can be on board with it. To try and duplicate the awe and wonder of seeing/encountering a dinosaur again for the first time (on screen and for the characters) is something that can never be duplicated. That feeling can only happen once, and Spielberg knocked that aspect out of the park. So if the show must go on, I can be down with this approach. There are worse things to watch that dinosaurs hunting people and people hunting dinosaurs. At the very least, this was the first trailer/clip without any awkwardness. I thought it flowed well and I didn't think twice about the dialogue. Definitely not salivating for this movie like I once was, but I still think it'll be a fun couple of hours.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is in the cast credits on IMDB

LJ McDonald Raptor Dancer

phatpat21
I don't think Pratt had the rifle for the raptors I think it was for the d-rex
Then again if the raptors turn on him then who knows
I might be in the minority but I am excited about this movie. I never expected it to be the original JP. As long as it's better than JP3, then I'm persoanlly happy. As mentioned above, the trailer had great flow and showed a lot of new things but still a lot for us to imagine.
there were skittles in there!
agmag90
Completely agree with TCTTS. I think for this movie to be a success they have to lean on the guns blazing and wall-to-wall action approach. Since the first JP, blockbusters and CGI have gotten so much bigger that audiences wont be impressed with some beastly looking dinosaur, they've already seen bigger ones(i.e. Godzilla). They're gonna have to be really creative with new action elements. The newest trailer did nothing to build my excitement but am still looking forward to seeing this!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm disappointed that the two kids will escape every harrowing situation they get in against dinosaurs that should by rights kill them in seconds.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
So, instead of talking raptors, we get a D-Rex that can tell other dinosaurs to attack the humans?

"I beg to differ. For you see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela. Once there, I shall lie low and assume odd jobs under the name 'Mr. Pilkington.' But perhaps I've said too much...."
BigRobSA
From that trailer, it's obvious D-Rex enjoys Mexican and Asian cuisine.
redbaron788
AG
Looked good but I wish they had kept some things about the Dino, like the tracker being removed, out of the trailer
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Looked good but I wish they had kept some things about the Dino, like the tracker being removed, out of the trailer

Agree
Urban Ag
AG
new trailer peaked my interest. Looks like a tourist slaughter.

Almost looks like the dino's are choosing sides too. Apparently the D-rex is a real dick and the pteradactyls (sp) aspire to be dicks as well. On the other side, raptors, T-rex, and the big fish dino ally with the peeps cause "yeah we want to eat people too but we got a good thing goin here (fresh goats, great white shark sushi, etc) and don't want to f*** it up". You know, life in the park is all chill and easy, don't ruin it for the rest of us brah.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Looks like we get a cameo from Dr. Henry Wu. Curious to see if he gets the role he was given in the original book.
jeffk
AG
If this movie does well, then I guess the world is finally ready for a Dinosaucers movie.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Looks like we get a cameo from Dr. Henry Wu. Curious to see if he gets the role he was given in the original book.
You mean dead? Oh, SPOILER ALERT.
M.C. Swag
AG
Was I the only one who thought that trailer was awful?

1) Do we really need trailers to reveal so much of the plot? Chris Pratt said it himself - "dinosaurs are wow enough" The first trailer went to great lengths to tease the genetic dinosaur just so they can ruin the mystery in the very next trailer release?

2) The inception "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM" is the new "in a world..."

3) The CGI is poor...by any standard.

4) The dialogue - "It's an animal"........"A highly intelligent animal." *barf*
"How'd it know to do that?"......"Cuz it remembered where they put it in!" *groan*

5) Chriss Pratt, a raptor whisperer? It appears they swapped out the majesty, horror, and adventure of the original to make a dino action flick -- none of the qualities that made me fall in love with the original. (I understand part of that will always be there due to nostalgia but point still stands.)

6) Seriously...they didn't see a huge genetically modified T-f'n Rex standing right above them until tiny droplets of blood fell onto one guys arm? So tired of this lazy style of hollywood script.

I don't normally judge a movie on it's trailer (good or bad), but I think this looks like it's going to be a bummer....but I'm sure enough people will flock to it to procreate Jurassic Park 8; starring Nic Cage w/ a plot along these lines: "Yes, Mr. President. The dinosaurs have nukes."
Chasing Trail
AG
Yeah! I read the top comments on the Reddit thread too.

quote:
Was I the only one who thought that trailer was awful?

1) Do we really need trailers to reveal so much of the plot? Chris Pratt said it himself - "dinosaurs are wow enough" The first trailer went to great lengths to tease the genetic dinosaur just so they can ruin the mystery in the very next trailer release?

2) The inception "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM" is the new "in a world..."

3) The CGI is poor...by any standard.

4) The dialogue - "It's an animal"........"A highly intelligent animal." *barf*
"How'd it know to do that?"......"Cuz it remembered where they put it in!" *groan*

5) Chriss Pratt, a raptor whisperer? It appears they swapped out the majesty, horror, and adventure of the original to make a dino action flick -- none of the qualities that made me fall in love with the original. (I understand part of that will always be there due to nostalgia but point still stands.)

6) Seriously...they didn't see a huge genetically modified T-f'n Rex standing right above them until tiny droplets of blood fell onto one guys arm? So tired of this lazy style of hollywood script.

I don't normally judge a movie on it's trailer (good or bad), but I think this looks like it's going to be a bummer....but I'm sure enough people will flock to it to procreate Jurassic Park 8; starring Nic Cage w/ a plot along these lines: "Yes, Mr. President. The dinosaurs have nukes."

Texags is garbage
Prediction: Team HumanRaptors forces D-Rex into the water where Water-Dino finishes him off.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Prediction: Team HumanRaptors forces D-Rex into the water where Water-Dino finishes him off.

Sounds about right. Though the T-rex HAS to come into play in the finale as well.
AMW2010
AG
I'm pretty sure that's the T. Rex eating the goat, and at the 2minute mark, you can see it's foot slam down
TCTTS
AG
Jake Johnson with the vintage Jurassic Park t-shirt...

Aggie_Journalist
AG
I bet the Raptors turn on Pratt and you find out they are so smart they were manipulating him the whole time. Maybe they even join the D-Rex at the end.

It will be like game of thrones. But with Dinosaurs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The dinosaurs send their regards.
AGeng25
AG
Doubt this fits here, but don't know where else to put it. Ever since I saw the original JP movie, I just haven't been able to get past one piece within the movie. Maybe someone can clear it up.

When we are introduced to the T-Rex, the water in the glass in the jeep vibrates with what we assume to be the T-Rex steps from approaching.

However, in later shots, the T-Rex is almost on top of the characters and they feel no vibration. Look at the last scene, for example.

Was this just something Spielberg didn't want to deal with every time the T-Rex was in a scene? It still frustrates me to this day.

EDIT to fix the image link
OnlyForNow
AG
Not sure about the last scene, but I think the water movement in the cup wa "heightened" due to the broke down cars, the rain, the night, etc. everything is seemingly magnified when youre already prepared to be scared.

At the end they probably weren't worried about it in the same way.

Sort of like a heart pounding in someone's ears due to running away from something, it's just a thematic element to show that it is exciting.
COOL LASER FALCON
I've always been more intrigued by how the T-Rex got into the visitors center. That's an awfully small door.

Sex Panther
AG
Good Guy Pratt and the most awesome little ginger kid ever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.