JURASSIC PARK IV story details...

172,750 Views | 1119 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TCTTS
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100% real
jeffk
AG
No, it was on their website this morning. They asked for viewers to submit their flooding pictures and that was one they included on their slideshow.
AMW2010
AG
New clip from the raptors... Looks sweet to me! Don't watch the video attached to the link if you wanna see the new clip

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jurassic-world-movie-clip-scene-raptors-chris-119986864342.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Post removed:
by user
phatpat21
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How is it possible that it's been 22 years since the first one and the raptors look worse?
AMW2010
AG
I wanna try this!!

TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
New clip from the raptors... Looks sweet to me! Don't watch the video attached to the link if you wanna see the new clip

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jurassic-world-movie-clip-scene-raptors-chris-119986864342.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

That looks really bad
TCTTS
AG
I'm not predicting gloom and doom just yet, but this likely isn't a good sign. Usually, the closer to release the embargo lift is, the worse the movie...

phatpat21
What does that mean?
Bruce Almighty
AG
It means the reviews for the movie can't be released until June 10th, which is 2 days before the movie opens. Generally, but not always, the closer to the release date the reviews come out, the worse the movie is. The studio doesn't have a lot of faith in the movie and doesn't want the reviews to turn people away.
phatpat21
Oh
Well crap
Going to watch either way!
TCTTS
AG
Sorry - studios show movies to critics a week or two before they hit theaters. But nine of out ten times, critics aren't allowed by studios to published their reviews until a given date. For movies with great buzz that the studios are confident in, they'll usually allow reviews to drop a week or so before the movie's release date, if not more. However, if a studio knows it has a stinker on its hands that's going to get bad reviews, they hold off on allowing reviews to drop as long as they possibly can, so as to not affect the buzz. In the case of Jurassic World, Universal isn't allowing critics to publish their reviews until a little over 24 hours before release (counting Thursday evening showings), which isn't a good sign at all.
TCTTS
AG
Marko beat me to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn. Not a good sign. My faith and excitement in this movie had been dropping quite a bit, now I have zero expectations.
phatpat21
Being that I'm not overly critical on movies, I'm not to worried then. If it's just really bad then I'll be disappointed. Im still excited either way... We will see post June 12
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
quote:
i really hope the CGI is better than in that last raptor scene that was posted. garbage.

That scene actually opened a brand new IMAX trailer I saw in front of Tomorrowland, and the CGI looked flawless/way better on the big screen. I think it's just something that doesn't translate well to a TV/computer monitor.
AMW2010
AG
About that raptor scene, in the comments I've seen people complain like y'all do, then some people said that when they watched it in HD, it looked way better... I don't care either way I'm always excited about this movie...

As far as critics, who cares... You really let someone else's opinion sway what YOU like? No way, I'll make my own judgment, not someone else tell me that I am or am not supposed to like it.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
quote:
About that raptor scene, in the comments I've seen people complain like y'all do, then some people said that when they watched it in HD, it looked way better... I don't care either way I'm always excited about this movie...

As far as critics, who cares... You really let someone else's opinion sway what YOU like? No way, I'll make my own judgment, not someone else tell me that I am or am not supposed to like it.

The idea that someone who listens to critics is a sheep drives me nuts. You're an independent thinker. We get it. Sure, I disagree with critics all the time, but usually the general consensus on a movie - i.e. its Rotten Tomato score - is pretty spot on (with a few exceptions, of course). It's not a matter of letting someone else's opinion sway mine. There ARE objectifiably bad choices a director/writer can make, and if half the critics are pointing out those flaws, then more often than those flaws are very real thing. It's not always simply a matter of opinion.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Everyone, whether they want to admit it or not, agrees with the critics 75% of the time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the other hand, movies that critics love aren't always good. Hurt Locker and District 9 come to mind.

God those movies are horse****.
Bruce Almighty
AG
And see, I loved both of those movies.
AMW2010
AG
My dad loved district 9, I thought it was really dumb
TCTTS
AG
quote:
And see, I loved both of those movies.

Ha, same here.

I guess I can understand them not being someone's thing, but calling either one of them "horsesh*t" is a little insane.
AMW2010
AG
For what it's worth.... AMC is having RaptorFest, 2 days of all Jurassic Park... The lost world is about to end.
phatpat21
THANK YOU for the heads up
I've been wanting to watch The Lost World but haven't seen it on (watching all 3 before JW)
It comes on again tomorrow at 4 just set the DVR
zgood10
AG
Where you're going is the only place in the world where the geese chase you.
AMW2010
AG
Still blows my mind all these years... But at the start if jp3, what kills the guys in the boat?!?

Also of all the places on the island, at the end, the guy with the megaphone ends up exactly where they pop out of the forest?? And how the hell did Ellie know where grant was, and how did the marines get called in!!! This movie is so confusing

My favorite part is when they are in the compound, I love seeing all that stuff
TCTTS
AG
Encouraging news. Granted, these are from the Paris premiere, and one reaction is from a movie star, but still, it's something...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=121129
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Every one of those tweets reads like a plant; they must have paid Josh Gad off.
MrPlow2010
AG
quote:
InGen Technologies: Tomorrow, Today
It's cool that the Asian guy in this video is the same guy from the first movie. He is working in the egg room when Sam Neil comes in to watch the baby Dino hatch. I wonder if he is the only one from the original who is in the new one.
Bruce Almighty
AG
He is

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.