***2022 RPI Tracker***

137,078 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RED AG 98
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

How much of a jump would we have if we made it to the sec tourney championship only to lose to UT?

Win vs. BAMA will probably move us up to around 16.
Win vs. UF/Arky (doesn't matter who) will probably move us up to around 14.
Loss to UT will probably drop us down to around 15.

That is my best guess looking at everything. I would put a +/- 1 spots on each of the predictions due to the effect of non-sec games.
I think just playing UT would move us up. Everyone that has played UT has an inflated RPI and most of them got swept by them.
CapCityAg89
AG
dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

How much of a jump would we have if we made it to the sec tourney championship only to lose to UT?

That is my best guess looking at everything. I would put a +/- 1 spots on each of the predictions due to the effect of non-sec games.

You'd be wrong. Just playing UT and their 50+ wins moves us up 5 -7 spots for a loss. I don't think a win even matters.
greg.w.h
AG
GarryowenAg said:

So assuming no other games are played, yours goes up by 1/your# of games played *0.25. Theirs goes down by 1/all opponents games (currently each opponent is has more than 50 games so think around 55*55 as denominator) played *0.5. The opponents opponents is based on a huge number of games (we are at 53 and Tennessee at 57 so 1/55*55*55 is a good guess at the approximate denominator)*0.25.

Of course other games played affect all our opponents win percentages and all our opponents' opponents' win percentage…but the contribution is weighted by similar denominators late in the season for each. Winning percentage is always games won / total games played for each category.
dcaggie04
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

You'd be wrong. Just playing UT and their 50+ wins moves us up 5 -7 spots for a loss. I don't think a win even matters.

This is one of those "tell me you don't understanding d something, without directly telling me you don't understand something".

Just to give you an example of how wrong you are, LSU plays UT today. If LSU loses the game, there rpi will go down 0.0005 points. They will not jump up "5-7 spots" for losing the game. We would be effected in the same way.
TXAggie2011
AG
Yeah, lots of bad information gets passed around this place.

Losing to Tennessee is only potentially helpful if you have an otherwise poor RPI. Last week, the worst team in the SEC by some distance, Mississippi State, played Tennessee three times (and won a midweek game) and their RPI moved up 1 whole spot.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

And it seems like the more inaccurate it is, the more blue stars it gets.
threeanout
AG
dcaggie04 said:

CapCityAg89 said:

dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

This is one of those "tell me you don't understanding d something, without directly telling me you don't understand something".

Just to give you an example of how wrong you are, LSU plays UT today. If LSU loses the game, there rpi will go down 0.0005 points. They will not jump up "5-7 spots" for losing the game. We would be effected in are "48" points behind N. Carolina at # 8 and
But boy will they jump up if they win. A win is worth "42" RPI points for them, and they are 48 points behind N. Carolina at # 8 and 37 points behind Texas at # 9.
dcaggie04
AG
threeanout said:

dcaggie04 said:

CapCityAg89 said:

dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Just to give you an example of how wrong you are, LSU plays UT today. If LSU loses the game, there rpi will go down 0.0005 points. They will not jump up "5-7 spots" for losing the game. We would be effected in are "48" points behind N. Carolina at # 8 and
But boy will they jump up if they win. A win is worth "42" RPI points for them, and they are 48 points behind N. Carolina at # 8 and 37 points behind Texas at # 9.

Yep, basically any games against UT from this point out will not hurt you if you loss but with massively help you if you win.
threeanout
AG
dcaggie04 said:

threeanout said:

dcaggie04 said:

CapCityAg89 said:

dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Yep, basically any games against UT from this point out will not hurt you if you loss but with massively help you if you win.
When you're in a conference where one teams wins 50+ overall games and all but two teams in a 14 team conference get to play them, those two teams will have their RPI suffer. Arkansas is the other team, and if they lose to Florida today they will wait on the committee to place them with an RPI right around # 43.
RED AG 98
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

dcaggie04 said:

GarryowenAg said:

This in a nutshell is RPIs biggest failing. With 60 games as a body of work in the books no single game should not be that influential. Even more so considering that margin of victory does not matter at all.
TXAggie2011
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

...more quoting of it and ignoring all the posts pointing out the inaccuracy
CapCityAg89
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Losing to Tennessee is only potentially helpful if you have an otherwise poor RPI. Last week, the worst team in the SEC by some distance, Mississippi State, played Tennessee three times (and won a midweek game) and their RPI moved up 1 whole spot.

I suppose we will see. And at this point it's all guessing until the game is played and other games finish. BUT read what you said - MSU played thee games against them at home (bonus punishment) and they still went up. We play them once at a neutral site - a loss is only a fraction of our 25% of 55 games but their 50 wins and 88% win percentage is a notable add to our 50% opponents record when you're separated from 6 spots up by .06.

As I say - we will see.
Eike Mlko
Florida beats arky and we drop 2 spots….
W
AG
the 2nd place team in the West...

is sitting at RPI #43 at the moment.

it's been a strange year
CapCityAg89
AG
W said:

it's been a strange year

Stranger yet - SEC #3 is at RPI 43.
CapCityAg89
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

dabo man said:

Quote:

...more quoting of it and ignoring all the posts pointing out the inaccuracy
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

W said:

it's been a strange year

Stranger yet - SEC #3 is at RPI 43.

Stranger yet, SEC#8 is RPI 6
TXAggie2011
AG
Mississippi State would have had their SoS numbers improved 3x for playing 3 games. They've played a worse schedule than us, so presumably Tennessee would yank up their SoS even more than Tennessee would our's.

LSU's got a very similar profile to our's and their loss to Tennessee today would (ever so slightly) harm their RPI.

Vanderbilt beat Ole Miss and lost to Tennssee and their RPI has fallen a spot.

Certainly, other games matter and will affect where our RPI goes. And affected my examples, too. But I just don't see how losing to Tennessee on its own is going to help our RPI. It won't really hurt, but I don't see how its going to help.
W
AG
so we're going to have an 18-12 SEC team --- not host a regional
brownandred
oh well, hope we make the tourney
aginlakeway
AG
W said:

Arkansas? Good. Send them to them to the Austin regional.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

Maybe a 3 seed lol
Keegan99
AG
Arky is just not a good team away from Baum.

LSU probably deserves to host ahead of the piggies.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Keegan99 said:

Arky is just not a good team away from Baum.

LSU probably deserves to host ahead of the piggies.
LSU is definitely going to host
AggieKeith15
AG
In RPI rankings Southern Miss is down to 15 and Louisville is down to 17. Both have fallen out of top 8 hosting spots.

Seven of the top eight hosts appear to be:
1 Tennessee
2 Oregon State
3 Virginia Tech
4 Maryland
5 Stanford
6 Miami
7 Notre Dame

The last spot will likely go to one of the following teams:
Sips (RPI 10)
Texas A&M ( RPI 18)
Oklahoma State (RPI 22)

If Notre Dame falls out of the top 10, however, then I would not be surprised to see the Aggies and Okie State/sips take the last spots.
TXAggie2011
AG
gougler08
AG
Up to 15

Let's go Tennessee and then we want Florida tomorrow
Naked Hiker
AG
Is bama gonna have ANY pitching left if they win tomorrow?
Texam90
AG
DBU takes a big fall
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I sure hope not.
CapCityAg89
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

In RPI rankings Southern Miss is down to 15 and Louisville is down to 17. Both have fallen out of top 8 hosting spots.

Seven of the top eight hosts appear to be:
1 Tennessee
2 Oregon State
3 Virginia Tech
4 Maryland
5 Stanford
6 Miami
7 Notre Dame

The last spot will likely go to one of the following teams:
Sips (RPI 10)
Texas A&M ( RPI 18)
Oklahoma State (RPI 22)

If Notre Dame falls out of the top 10, however, then I would not be surprised to see the Aggies and Okie State/sips take the last spots.

Any list of national seeds right now that doesn't include A&M has zero credibility. Ags clearly 5 or 6. RPI be damned.
hunter2012
AG
Naked Hiker said:

We ought to have the team setup to shine in late tournament games...
PFlat
AG
Rhe committee loves them some RPI tho.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Naked Hiker said:

If Bama wins their staff will have thrown around 400 more pitches than ours going into the game. Florida will be around 300 more.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Just checked. We are up to 14.

Sip is down to 12. Okie Lite up to 15.
Either sip or okie lite will host if they win their tournament. Sip may host anyway because committee loves them some sip.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.