Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

105,592 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I contacted them. They reactivated the texags code.
muleshoe
AG
Very good!
rednecked
AG
i gave them my money. Hoping for some good results!
dcrewint
I don't really want to read all 18 pages, so...

I purchased a few for my team about 2 years ago. Not really a fan. I'm sure it's more useful for some. The handle is too short and hurts if using at a medium to high swing on the down (using to groove the "inside out). One of the ends flew off and hit another one of my golfers in the back 20 feet away.

I like the concept because it get's us old, kinda old, aging folks stretching (which most of us probably neglect) making it a swing, rather than a stretch. I honestly prefer the Speed Sticks(has me trying to swing fast, so therefore I get through the ball), but coupling it with a stretch couldn't hurt).
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have one and think it's a good tool for a quick stretch and helping find plane. That said, i found that when I used it a little more, I would sort of train myself to not finish my swing and would block more shots. So I probably use it about 1-2 per week for 10ish reps just to help keep me a little more limber.

I also have a mid-size orange whip which i use more and keep in my bag for pre-round warmup.
Ag_in_Moscow
Nice video of a guy gaining 8mph from learning how to push off the ground correctly. It's from a year ago, so may be old news…
jj9000
AG
Ag_in_Moscow said:

Nice video of a guy gaining 8mph from learning how to push off the ground correctly. It's from a year ago, so may be old news…

He must have been wearing his Nick Faldo Squarz shoes that are guaranteed to increase distance.
SpartanAg
Hello and greetings from East Lansing, Michigan. As a fellow AG school with a pompous and delusional in-state foe, I'd like to think we have a few things in common. That said, that's not why I'm visiting.

I love golf but have always been a shorter hitter. It's not for the lack of trying as I've tried everything to get longer. I've done yoga, strength training, $400.00 driver shafts, expert club fittings, speed training and countless gadgets that make outlandish claims. These things have worked to a degree but left me a consistent, and annoying, 10 yards behind my playing partners.

About 2 months ago I found myself slightly intoxicated and searching the web for golf gimmicks that would help my game when I stumbled on MISIG and this thread. I read the entire thread and figured what the hell I guess I'll give it a try. When Amazon delivered the purchase, I had forgotten that my drunken self had played a fun game of secret santa.

Anyway, I've used it exactly 14 times and for me this thing has delivered. I'm 1.5 clubs longer and 15-20 yards longer off the tee. I played yesterday and for the first time in my life, I was the one 10 yards in front of my playing partners. The last short par 3 after leaving the ball 10 feet below the hole my buddy said "did you hit 9?" and I sheepishly held up my gap wedge and he couldn't believe it, and frankly i couldn't either.

I've never had a training aid deliver half of what this thing did. I'm not sure everyone will get the same results but in my case the lack of flexibility was really hindering my distance. Thanks to this thread and your community I found something that actually works.

Sorry for the novel, but I'm excited and wanted to pass along my thanks. Gig 'em!
MAROON
AG
Have always skipped over this thread. Read it this morning.

Getting back into golf - main issues in my swing appear to be getting full shoulder turn and also I tend to swing outside in and cast. Working on getting to the proper swing plane. This thing seems to address of a lot of those issues. Just ordered, and yes the TEXAGS code gets you $20 off
BoerneGator
AG
I'm sold! It's on the way…now, if I'll just use it!
MAROON
AG
Legend
AG
The clip that holds the strap broke. And my grip rolled all the way up. I emailed them but haven't heard back. Anyone had any luck getting replacement parts?
ajcastil18
Both things happened to me. They replaced the clips and for the grip I rolled it back down and put duck tape over it
MAROON
AG
Just got this today in the mail. Damn that's a workout! Did about 20 reps and I'm worn out.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
SpartanAg
MAROON said:

Just got this today I'm the mail. Dan that's a workout! Did about retention reps and I'm worn out.
I started really slow. In addition I didn't realize until last week that i had the handle installed upside down so the band was closer to the handle. When I switched it around it made the stretch much deeper. It might be a good starting point to do the orange band upside down for a few days to give the muscles time to acclimate.
MAROON
AG
Mine came installed already.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Jetpilot86
AG
Just ordered mine. The TEXAGS code still works.
Obi Wan Ginobili
SpartanAg said:

MAROON said:

Just got this today I'm the mail. Dan that's a workout! Did about retention reps and I'm worn out.
In addition I didn't realize until last week that i had the handle installed upside down

Well you definitely sound like an Aggie
Jetpilot86
AG
Still waiting on mine, won't get to use it for a few weeks, but just doing the stretches with a wedge, I managed to hit 10/14 fairways today. I've got a pull/fade-slice, but it was not as wild as usual. I'll really be interested to see how much distance I can get as I average 210-230 now depending on the altitude, and really need the rotation work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.