Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,100 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only change I've seen is that I find myself repeating things I say a lot. Have y'all found that to be the case?

The only change I've seen is that I find myself repeating things I say a lot. Have y'all found that to be the case?
proudaggie02
AG
Thanks for sharing, Rusty and Duckhook. I go to PT for a bunch of stuff, as I broke my back (L1) in 1998 and then got rear-ended in 2018 causing some neck pain... but I agree it doesn't do a whole lot for spasms unless my PT adjusts me. I've never tried an inversion table, but I do traction on a medicine ball quite a bit. My first bad episode of spasms was 5 years ago, and it would knock me to the ground and I'd yell uncontrollably. After 3+ days of hell, my chiropractor did a semi-painful adjustment that helped right away. My most recent bout lasted longer and turned into sciatica as soon as the spasms eased up.

I'll say that cryo has helped a lot after 2 weeks. My spams are also low back on either side of the belt line, and I have soreness there most of the time. The thought of hitting even a large bucket hurts my back; I think the most balls I've hit over the last 5 years is 40-50. I'll do the warm-up bucket of 20 balls about once a week and then hit 10-15 before most of my rounds.

I'm going to order this device and maybe use it 3-5 times/week.
Trinity Ag
S
Fore Left! said:

Ag_07
AG
I'm on day 3 doing 2 sets of 10 stretch reps and 2 sets of 10 swing reps and already seeing a difference in my flexibility.

At first it was hard for me to get my right hand all the way to the ball on the end but today I picked it up and right off the bat I noticed I was at the end.

Whether it turns into an improvement in ball striking well see this week at the range.
Azeew
I'm I'm! Hit a 300yd wind assisted drive yesterday but normally around 250 - 260.

My biggest problem is with my irons! I had to hit a 6 iron (into the wind) to a 146 pin. Very deflating!
Trinity Ag
S
I hit this range this afternoon.

Here was my baseline on 24 Feb, 18 days ago:

Quote:

108.8 Swing Speed
153.3 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
2450 Spin
14.7 Launch
252.9 Carry

Reminder -- this is a Mevo -- the ball speed is the only thing really being measured accurately -- the rest are partial calculations, and tend to overestimate swing speed, and underestimate carry and smash.

Here were my last 10 Driver shots, after warming up -- none deleted:

112.1 Swing Speed
157.7 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
254.8 Carry
11.7 Launch Angle
3025 Spin

I was tending to be quick, and had a number of toe-y hooks in that group - those tended to be the ones with a low launch angle, dropping the average angle and carry.

Leaving the range, I hit 6 tee shots off #4 at Traditions - a very slightly downhill Par 4, with maybe 5 mph wind, and a damp fairway. Temps in the 60s.

I hooked 3 -- not terrible drives on some holes, but out of the fairway.

I hit 3 on the screws: 294, 298, and 305 right down the middle.

Bottom line is that I've gained roughly 4 mph Ball speed in roughly 3 weeks.

It has also changed my swing -- lengthening it -- which makes tempo and sequencing more important. I have to pause at the top and start from the hips, or I get quick & handsy and hook it.

Overall, I'd say it does what it says it does, and I'll keep working at it - probably switching to the red band next weekend. But realize using this isn't going to just make you faster without affecting your swing.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Great info and data thanks for providing. On your three big tee shots how much further are those than normal on that hole?

I would kill for those three....
Trinity Ag
S
AgOutsideAustin said:

Great info and data thanks for providing. On your three big tee shots how much further are those than normal on that hole?

I would kill for those three....
My "normal" good tee shot on #4 is 260-270.

+/- 10 yards depending on wind.

With almost no wind, and a wet fairway, those were three huge tee shots for me.
jonj101
Ag_07 said:

I'm on day 3 doing 2 sets of 10 stretch reps and 2 sets of 10 swing reps and already seeing a difference in my flexibility.

At first it was hard for me to get my right hand all the way to the ball on the end but today I picked it up and right off the bat I noticed I was at the end.

Whether it turns into an improvement in ball striking well see this week at the range.

So since you can reach the blue ball are you going to go ahead and move up a different strap? Or stay with the original for two weeks?

My first time with it I touched the blue ball with the orange strap, but wasn't sure if I should move up immediately or what. Might email Bernie directly to ask.
AgOutsideAustin
Ag_07
AG
I'm gonna stick with for a week or so.

Figure it's more about the muscle memory right now than the strength.
DOG XO 84
AG
I hate every one of you ****s , just ordered
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Looking forward to this weekend's Bomber reports !
kelkel25
Came back from Rockport and mine was waiting at the door. First reps, wow my left side (lefty) was en fuego after about 10 reps. Playing tomorrow at Lake Windcrest will see how it goes. I'm 55 with a previous back surgery (L4/5/S1) but I'm a big X3 guy so I'm used to bands and their benefit especially for old guys like me!
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Following to hear more results....
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Bomber reports ?? Anyone ? Bueller ?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Had a case of the pulls today, but they were nukes. Think I was trying too hard...
PJYoung
AG
Not scientific but I played a course I last played 2 months ago today. On 4 holes I had new longest drives (for those holes).

It works.
Rubble
AG
jonj101 said:

Ag_07 said:

So since you can reach the blue ball are you going to go ahead and move up a different strap? Or stay with the original for two weeks?

My first time with it I touched the blue ball with the orange strap, but wasn't sure if I should move up immediately or what. Might email Bernie directly to ask.

I've noticed the first 10 it's easy to get to the ball, but it gets exponentially tougher during the second 10 and that's also when I start to feel it. I just started back using it because I couldn't move my left arm without soreness for two days after a COVID shot.

I've only been doing the stretches. 20 times, twice a day.
G Martin 87
AG
Been using the MISIG for about a week, 2 sets of 10 on each side, orange band. Spent the afternoon at the range with a Garmin G80 launch monitor and a variety of clubs. (So slightly more than non-scientific, but not Trackman by any stretch.) No distance gains yet, but contact was more consistent and ball flight was straighter than I'm used to seeing. The extra flexibility, even after just a week, does make full swings easier. Encouraging!
mavsfan4ever
AG
What's the reasoning for doing sets on both sides?

I'm still struggling to see how it prevents you from going over the top. What's supposed to happen if you are going over the top? When I try to go over the top on purpose, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel that's different than when I don't.
Trucker 96
Doing both sides to equalize the strength and stretching on both sides of your body so you don't end up with an imbalance that eventually results in injury
giddings_ag_06
AG
So since I didn't read the instructions or watch the video, what exactly should I be doing with this thing? I'm basically bringing a swing back and holding for 8-12 seconds (sometimes more, sometimes less) a dozen times randomly, but only on one side. Is that right? I can (and should be) doing much more, but want to make sure I'm doing it right before getting too into it.
Ag_07
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm still struggling to see how it prevents you from going over the top.

I've fought an issue with coming over the top for a long time. If you're coming over the top with this thing you're doing it way wrong.

What prevents it is that once you get to the top your first move is supposed to be your right hand sliding down the rod and into the slot.

I don't see any way you could do that and come over the top.
G Martin 87
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

So since I didn't read the instructions or watch the video, what exactly should I be doing with this thing? I'm basically bringing a swing back and holding for 8-12 seconds (sometimes more, sometimes less) a dozen times randomly, but only on one side. Is that right? I can (and should be) doing much more, but want to make sure I'm doing it right before getting too into it.
Watch the videos. Bernie demonstrates several methods to stretch, exercise arm muscles, and use it as a swing trainer. The videos aren't that long.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ag_07 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

I'm still struggling to see how it prevents you from going over the top.

I've fought an issue with coming over the top for a long time. If you're coming over the top with this thing you're doing it way wrong.

What prevents it is that once you get to the top your first move is supposed to be your right hand sliding down the rod and into the slot.

I don't see any way you could do that and come over the top.

Yea I can tell that it seems to prevent you from going over the top bc of what you said. But I thought someone mentioned earlier in the thread (or maybe it was in one of the videos) that it will keep you from going over the top bc if you did go over the top something would immediately happen that made it obvious that you swung incorrectly. But maybe I was just reading too much into those comments and they were meaning more of what you just said, just that it should teach you to not go over the top bc of what your right hand does on the down swing).
tandy miller
AG
Maybe this will fix my game
Cowboy Curtis
AG
AgOutsideAustin
AG
tandy miller said:

Maybe this will fix my game

Bernie hawks the world's finest golf contraption... he's not a psychologist.
HouAg05
Great coupon. Nothing like buying someone a birthday present that you want to use haha
AgOutsideAustin
AG
MISIG's collecting dust ?
Any bomber reports or stat updates ?
Ag_07
AG
First round today after working with it for 2 weeks

I think it definitely messed with my swing a bit with the driver. The extra turn takes some adjusting to. Connected on a couple that were absolutely powdered but I sprayed it around more often than usual.

However I was striping my irons like I've never striped them before. Consistent crisp, solid contact and nice penetratimng ball flights. Was really impressed with my ball striking with the irons.

Just need to work on longer swing with the driver. Think a lot of it is over swinging trying to hit bombs. Some tinkering on the range and I think I'll be good.

Overall I think it's working and I'm already some good results.
txaggie05
AG
Ag_07 said:

First round today after working with it for 2 weeks

I think it definitely messed with my swing a bit with the driver. The extra turn takes some adjusting to. Connected on a couple that were absolutely powdered but I sprayed it around more often than usual.

However I was striping my irons like I've never striped them before. Consistent crisp, solid contact and nice penetratimng ball flights. Was really impressed with my ball striking with the irons.

Just need to work on longer swing with the driver. Think a lot of it is over swinging trying to hit bombs. Some tinkering on the range and I think I'll be good.

Overall I think it's working and I'm already some good results.
Pretty much the same for me. I played on Friday and had the best ball striking round with my irons that i think i've ever had. Was also spraying drives all over the place as well, but the couple i got on a good line were bombed.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Thanks for the report I used mine for a week then was off for a week because of work travel. Hit it today and will through Thursday then play on Friday. Will report back.
Duckhook
AG
I don't have any numbers to report. Anecdotally, I do hit some drives longer than I have the last few months. Reached a par-5 in two on Saturday that I very, very rarely hit in two. No real noticeable change in my irons.

Been using it about 2 weeks and will continue working with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.