Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,151 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and perhaps combined with a high loft driver.
hot dog
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I wonder if stretching the opposite side would give you any yield? Our bodies are all imbalanced flexibility wise by our own habits including swinging a golf club, unless you are really working flexibility daily
Trinity Ag
S
hot dog said:

It's an M6 at 9.5. I have srixon z585 irons, my 9i is 40.

My driver numbers are funky because I got a ****ty over the top move that's killing me. I also don't take a full back swing. I'm hoping the misig will not only help with a bigger turn but also get me on plane a bit.
Unless you bent them 1* weak, the Z585 9i is 39 degrees, which is about 4* -- or a full club -- stronger than a "traditionally lofted" players iron. They are similar to JPX 921 Hot Metals. Not quite as strong as Callaway Mavrik/Epic which are borderline ridiculous.

With strong lofts and hot faces, Srixon Z585 were some of the longest irons on the market when they came out.
hot dog
AG
cjsag94
AG
Got mine several weeks ago.. went on vacation... Just started tinkering with it VERY CASUALLY over the past week.

Played round yesterday, over the top swing is gone. Had to make adjustments in round to move ball location to inside front foot (where it should be) as I was now hooking everything. Driver consistently in the 270-285 yd range.. historically 260-280.

Now I have to fix/adjust to my inside out swing! Pretty amazing the effect with very limited usage.

ETA: As others have said, it does change things. Be a good idea to work in quality range time as you work with this thing. It does change your swing.
Rusty GCS
AG
Any of y'all wish your MISIG was longer? I've gotten to where 3 sets of 10 with the strongest band are very easy. I'm not tall (6'1") but do have long arms. I don't feel like I've even fully extended back when I've hit the end of the rod. Or maybe it's because I'm turning my shoulders more fully (because of MISIG) that it's easy to reach the end of the rod?

Also, electrical tape around the end of the grip is the way to go.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I call mine the MISIG too and yes I wish it was longer
AggieDruggist89
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

I call mine the MISIG too and yes I wish it was longer

Underrated post..
aggietony2010
AG
I'm not a doctor or anyone that should be trusted on this...but add the weak band in addition to the strongest?
stick93
AG
I measured a grip against that foam crap, cut it and replaced. Money
Rusty GCS
AG
I'm not saying correlation makes causation. I'm just saying I got my MISIG just before these last 20 rounds.

Handicap is down from a 20 to a 15.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I've been lazy and unmotivated to workout on MISIG. But my buddy gorilla kept at it. He's routinely out driving us 30 to 50 yards in fact, his irons gained club and half distance so now he's refitting iron shafts.

His routine is 30 swings a day 5 times a week. He actually just makes a normal backswing and then at the top, straightens the right arm.

I will be doing 50 a day.
Rusty GCS
AG
Shot an 81 today and never pulled driver (also helps I'm usually playing the tips and played the White box today). Dropped my cap to a 14.

MISIG helps when you can hit 3W 270 off the box.

Rusty GCS
AG
Early this season I had lost a full club length in my irons. When I got the MISIG I could barely get full extension on the easiest band.

Now I can easily do 15-20 with the hardest band with no real effort per set.

I hit my irons again to their original distance but with a much more effortless swing that allows me to stay on plane. When I over swing I come over the top.

My only issue is I can't hit driver anymore. Straight snap hooks. But I can hit 3W and 5W all day. Going get fitted for a new driver next Friday. Probably set up a lesson soon too.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Awesome.

Back to doing MISIG. 30 right and 10 left this AM!
tamu2009
AG
I see this all over texags... i thought it was a joke and it seems to be used in a sarcastic way (use MISIG for everything)...

Is thing really a decent tool, or are yall completely mocking it?
AggieDruggist89
AG
It works and we mock it too.
Ag_07
AG
tamu2009 said:

Is thing really a decent tool, or are yall completely mocking it?

Yes
Rusty GCS
AG
She's hitting absolute bombs
AggieDruggist89
AG
Rusty GCS said:

She's hitting absolute bombs

Better contact Bernie and get stronger bands
Rusty GCS
AG
Just switched to two bands this week. The red (hard) band was too easy. I found I was just using it to stretch pre-round because it didn't feel like a workout anymore.

It's crazy that now the orange (easy) and blue (medium) together feel just a little harder than the orange by itself when I first got it from Pg 1 of this thread.

But it's raining all week so I can't hit range balls and I get fitted Friday for clubs so I've just done one set of 10 or 12 each day instead of 3 sets. I don't want to show up to get fitted with a case of the snap hooks from going DeChambro in my living room all week.

Same as last update on distance. Irons gained 10-15 yards this season (back to original distances) with a more effortless swing. 3W has gained 25 yards when I pure it. Driver needs to find the nearest trash can.
Muy
AG
After picking up this curse of a game a year ago I'm finally hitting in the low 90's and sometimes break 90. Now after reading this thread I ordered one, got it 2 days ago and am interested in trying it.

Concerned about the comments that it will change my swing as i just hit a decent comfort and confidence level with my swing, including finally being able to hit a good drive with my Ping 425.

This is probably the first of many gimmick products that will take me into that rabbit hole for life.
AggieDruggist89
AG
You need to learn to hit the driver.

Or find the right shaft.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Muy said:

After picking up this curse of a game a year ago I'm finally hitting in the low 90's and sometimes break 90. Now after reading this thread I ordered one, got it 2 days ago and am interested in trying it.

Concerned about the comments that it will change my swing as i just hit a decent comfort and confidence level with my swing, including finally being able to hit a good drive with my Ping 425.

This is probably the first of many gimmick products that will take me into that rabbit hole for life.

We learned that the swing change is due to better shoulder turn. It's going to help rather than hurt... Unless you pop your shoulder out.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I've developed the worst hooks of my life since using the MISIG. I've scheduled some lessons to get my act together.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

I've developed the worst hooks of my life since using the MISIG. I've scheduled some lessons to get my act together.

No lessons yet just get the Swing Jacket
- AggieDruggist
AggieDruggist89
AG
Swing Jacket is pretty awesome... It allows me to turn and turn.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

I've had a little bit of that. Fixed mine with a simple grip change. I found that I had a pretty strong grip since before MISIG I had a fairly over the top swing and the strong grip mitigated that some. Now that I have an in-to-out swing from MISIG, I was getting some gnarly snap hooks. Weakened my grip to neutral and no more hooks, just a nice steady draw.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Not necessarily snap hooks for me but not hitting up on the driver so I'm hitting low burners.

My irons have never been better but driver is a strong question mark. I know it's also due to me needing to become more shallow
Rusty GCS
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

You need to learn to hit the driver.

Or find the right shaft.

My new Ping G425 Max is my favorite club in the bag now. It's so nice to be able to step on a box with driver and have confidence it'll be in play.

Dropped my handicap from 20.6 to 14.0 this year before getting the new driver and since getting it my handicap dropped from 14.0 to 11.7.

Still working on 2 goals - break 80 for first time and get to a single digit handicap. I plan on spending 4-6 hours at the course Friday morning practicing instead of playing. I haven't practiced much at all lately and need it. (Plan to focus on hitting my new hybrids on the launch monitor to get accurate distances, hit the driver, check to make sure my wedge distances are correct still as I flew my 50 yard shots a tad long the other day, then do a lot of green side chipping and lag putting). Haven't been this excited about practice in a while

AggieDruggist89
AG
You're so close.

Probably mental mostly. Instead of trying to break 80, focus on what you know how to do. Make a swing you know how to make on your every next shot
turfman80
AG
Just a heads up/warning for users... On your follow through, make sure you are pointed away from your house. I was practicing this evening and the shaft with the ball came loose/ dislodged from the foam grip and flew into and shattered a house window.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
AgOutsideAustin
turfman80
AG
Dont see why its funny, but whatever....defective product.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.