Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,106 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

My 7 iron.

From 150-155 to 172.....Outstanding.
Texaggie7nine
So I still have the old Kallassy Swing Magic

I'm wondering if I could just modify it to include an arm band and connected band and produce the same effect.
7nine
mavsfan4ever
AG
Just bought it. Really interested in seeing how this goes. I may be more interested in how it forces you to swing on plane than the increase in distance.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

It looks interesting. Was torn between this and the speed sticks.

That website looks straight out of the 90s though.

https://www.feelthestretch.com/

I was wondering what the TimeCube guy was up to these days, and apparently the answer is designing that website
kelkel25
I'm in, this thing works for lefties too doesn't it?
TEXAGS code is the deal, props to this cat
AgOutsideAustin
AG
kelkel25 said:

I'm in, this thing works for lefties too doesn't it?
TEXAGS code is the deal, props to this cat

It better welcome to the lefty MISIG club !
Cowboy Curtis
AG
In. Thanks for the promo code!
Duckhook
AG
Mine is on the way. First golf contraption I've bought in my 50 years of golfing. I'm really looking for flexibility now, so am going to try to be diligent in using it.
Rusty GCS
AG
Mine should be at home today. But I can't swing per Dr's orders until Friday
CapCity12thMan
AG
107mph but only 150 ball speed?

I just can't grasp how off that is, IMHO. I get 153-154 with only 99mph. Is this just a difference in measuring device accuracy?
CapCity12thMan
AG
this is bothering me so much I bought one. What did I actually buy?
RigsTx
AG
I'm in too. Why not.
CapCity12thMan
AG
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b2f7b719-76cf-4590-831f-c54185fbf8ca
Rusty GCS
AG
This is what you bought. Just opened mine.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

I just can't grasp how off that is, IMHO. I get 153-154 with only 99mph. Is this just a difference in measuring device accuracy?

It's about the smash factor. PGA pros average smash factor of 1.49 with driver. So at 100mph, they would have ball speed of 149 mph. Not sure I've seen smash factor above 1.5. Though a smash factor of 1.4 with a driver is a bit low.

Rubble
AG
Got my shipment notification and tracking. Mine will be here Wednesday.
Rusty GCS
AG
Excuse my floors. My house was built in 1901 from a Sears catalog
jonj101
I'm typically against buying contraptions or a golf game in general. But I'm in.

If it works miracles, in addition to whatever % you're getting Aggiedruggist, I'll get you a drink when I come to Pebble this year. If not, I want a weeks supply of Icy Hot and Aleve straight from your pharmacy.
AggieDruggist89
SmackDaddy
AG
I ordered one too. Another 16% for AggieDruggist.
dingleberry
AggieDruggist89 said:

My 7 iron.

https://i.postimg.cc/kGcxg5vt/IMG-20210306-184138-01.jpg

I now expect a minimum of 15-20 yard gains.
Ag_07
AG
I figure if it helps my golf game than awesome but at the very least it'll help me stretch and get some flexibility after sitting at this at home desk for a year.
CapCity12thMan
AG
i need to stretch. I don't like to run or "work out", but I need some more flexibility. almost reducing my self to some yoga online/in the home. Somewhat intrigued by https://www.stretchlab.com/
CapCity12thMan
AG
I've been told this, and I guess I am concluding I am getting the most out of my swing, given club head speed, ball speed, spin and then obviously total distance. Not the longest, but not short at all. Probably shouldn't complain, but who doesn't want more distance. I'm 48 for crying out loud.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

I've been told this, and I guess I am concluding I am getting the most out of my swing, given club head speed, ball speed, spin and then obviously total distance. Not the longest, but not short at all. Probably shouldn't complain, but who doesn't want more distance. I'm 48 for crying out loud.

Even the longest of longest hitters want more distance.

I think most cheaper simulators measure the ball speed and simply divide it by a given smash factor to calculate the clubhead speed based on the club. I do think skytrak also does it similar but incorporates ball spin rate in the clubhead speed calculation.

So I focus on the ball speed.
jonj101
CapCity12thMan said:

i need to stretch. I don't like to run or "work out", but I need some more flexibility. almost reducing my self to some yoga online/in the home. Somewhat intrigued by https://www.stretchlab.com/

I haven't dont stretch lab, but I've been to a place in Rice Village which seems like a similar concept: https://reachstretch.com/our-services/

But looking at the stretch lab site it looks like they are building one not far from me.

Initially I thought it was a waste but went because my wife wanted to check it out. Felt great after the session. The therapists were knowledgeable and shared with me some stories of how they worked on Div I athletes. Talked about how one football player at LSU had a significant lack of flexibility and how they worked with him.
txaggie05
AG
What the hell - I'm in.

My shoulders are garbage anyway so worst case this will hopefully help develop some more flexibility and strength in my shoulders.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

You aren't getting 153-154 swinging 99mph unless you are hitting a non conforming club
1.5 is absolutely pure flushed which I doubt you are doing. 1.43 is really good but if I gave you the benefit of the doubt and gave you 1.46, at 99 that's 144.5 ball speed.

Something is wrong, you are either swinging faster than 99 or your monitor is jacked up spitting out 1.55 smash factor ratios
CapCity12thMan
AG
I'll need to go hit again and get things measured. I can hit 20 drives and hang around 99-101 mph and my ball speed was always 150-155. That was my recollection.

My home course has Top Tracer and 150-154 ball speed is what I hit. I know that is not the correct carry distance, as the range is downhill so the carrys are always measured a little long - I don't pay attention to that as I think it is artificial. I use this for ball speed tracking. Top Tracer doesn't measure club head speed so I am just telling you what I have been measured at and those are my two data points

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
That's fine, but what I'm telling you is if you aren't swinging 108 ish, then you aren't getting that ball speed. Some calculation is wrong with that top tracer if your only swinging 100

If it's top tracer and you are elevated is it backward calculating the swing speed based on total distance read from the rfid chip.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Brah... Your clubhead speed is probably over 105mph. Ball speed is the source of truth.
CapCity12thMan
AG
hmmm...I seriously doubt I am at 108 club head speed...now I don't know what to believe. This dilemma must be solved. Gonna go get some real current numbers after spring break.
Legend
AG
Mine arrived yesterday. Tips from those who have been using it? I just watched the video on page 3. But curious if those of you who have liked it have any other tips.

What are the best ways to use this new contraption?
Duckhook
AG
Mine arrived today. Per the website, I'm 2 weeks away from an extra 20 - 35 yards.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Got mine today, ready to feel the Bern!
Not greedy, I would just like 10 yards on my irons and 15+ yards on my driver.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.