Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,107 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

My 2 other buddies received theirs few days ago. One buddy said he could barely do 10 and the other buddy did 30. They both said it was a workout.

I'll give the buddy that could barely do 10 $50 bucks for his and he pays shipping.

We ain't liking gorilla out driving us every hole. It's a constant arms race and eventually it gets equalized. Gorilla really tried to keep it as a secret but i was at his house and saw it.

Good thing is, we are longer today than we were 3 years ago. Both gorilla and I found a unicorn driver combo, Ping G400 max 9 degree with UST Proforce V2 shaft. Bumblebee due to black muted head with bright yellow shaft.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Yeah I hear you about distance I really could use one of these to increase flexibility. I just don't swing long or fast enough. Loving my Sim Max I got last Fall and I really started trying to swing with a straighter lead arm. Has definitely helped ball striking throughout the bag but I can't take the club very far back.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Any of y'all ever try yoga out?
jetescamilla
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Any of y'all ever try yoga out?
When I was golfing a lot and living in Phoenix my wife and I did a fair amount of yoga at the gym and my distances definitely improved because of added flexibility. I would catch the club head out of the corner of my eye more often/more prominent when I was fully wound up and knew I had not seen/felt that before. I was lifting weights too but there was no strength difference before/after. I definitely attributed it to yoga and being more flexible.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Received mine today. Already feel strong like bull.
AggieDruggist89
AG
WTF, I don't get mine til Friday
AggieDruggist89
AG
Not gorilla strong?
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I'm still on the lowest tension band. Give me a few days.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Brah, wasn't that for your "father?"
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Actually playing with him tomorrow AM. Needed to take it for a test drive. Can't wait to see him trying this thing in the parking lot at his club.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Either he will be ridiculed or all his buddies will get one too... Or both
Trinity Ag
S
Mine came in the mail today.

I hit some balls on the range yesterday with the Mevo.

5 drivers shots, here were the average numbers:

108.8 Swing Speed
153.3 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
2450 Spin
14.7 Launch
252.9 Carry

This was with a Ping G410 LST, with a Ping Tour 65 X-flex shaft and Titleist range balls.

So there is my baseline.

BTW -- I'm 52, 5'10" 170, and my flexibility sucks.

Just did 10 reps with the lightest (orange) band, and I definitely felt it.
AggieLitigator
Trinity Ag said:

Mine came in the mail today.

I hit some balls on the range yesterday with the Mevo.

5 drivers shots, here were the average numbers:

108.8 Swing Speed
153.3 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
2450 Spin
14.7 Launch
252.9 Carry

This was with a Ping G410 LST, with a Ping Tour 65 X-flex shaft and Titleist range balls.

So there is my baseline.

BTW -- I'm 52, 5'10" 170, and my flexibility sucks.

Just did 10 reps with the lightest (orange) band, and I definitely felt it.

What are your numbers typically on your mevo for comparison?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Those were his typical numbers. That's his baseline that he will compare his future numbers to.

Really interested in this thread. I may get one as well in a couple weeks.
Hanrahan
AG
you bastages suckered me in as well. I don't own any golf contraptions, but for $90 bucks, why not. Usually golf charlatans are charging $150 for $2 worth of plastic, so at least this is under a hundy....
Texas Ag 15
AG
i'm holding strong on buying this until others report back, but if the results are indeed positive i'll be the near the first in line to purchase..
Hanrahan
AG
y'all need to hype up the mevo+ more so I can buy that one on a whim as well....
Rusty GCS
AG
Haha. I bought the Rapsodo on a whim last fall.
WhoopN06
I bought a Rapsodo and have not used it once.
AggieLitigator
WhoopN06 said:

I bought a Rapsodo and have not used it once.

Mine came in today!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Really... Thread jack???
WhoopN06
Mine came in May.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Really... Thread jack???

Exactly, stick to this wonderful golf contraption that is solely supported by Texags !!!
CapCity12thMan
AG
How can you have 109mph club speed but only 153 ball speed? Something isn't right.
WhoopN06
1.4 smash factor. Doesn't hit it out of the center / possibly delivery angle (up/down).
CapCity12thMan
AG
A bit higher launch angle too, but that clubhead speed should be pushing a 270 carry
WhoopN06
Agree. Needs better delivery conditions.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

A bit higher launch angle too, but that clubhead speed should be pushing a 270 carry

I was about to say... I get 103 and have 250 carry.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I am 99/151 and get 256 carry, but I think it is my spin rate helping me out, as I am right at 2K, so it rolls out pretty well
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Mine was finally saying out for delivery, but now it's back in Fort Worth. UPS delivery has been all over the place this week
Trucker 96
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Mine was finally saying out for delivery, but now it's back in Fort Worth. UPS delivery has been all over the place this week

Yeah, I'm in Plano and had a UPS package this week check in at a Dallas location, then they sent it to FW, then back to Dallas, then to Mesquite (which is where all our deliveries get loaded), then it sat at Mesquite for 2 extra days due to "storm delays" which basically just means they are backlogged with more deliveries than truck space. Friggin mess
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got mine delivered yesterday. Really like it. I workout and lift regularly, but have pretty terrible flexibility. Could definitely feel it.
Starting with 50 reps a day on the orange band for at least a week. I'm also doing my left side and that is tough!
Trinity Ag
S
CapCity12thMan said:

How can you have 109mph club speed but only 153 ball speed? Something isn't right.
It is a Mevo, so it is not going to be as precise as a GC quad.

The measurements include some degree of calculation -- and tends to under read driver ball speed when hitting balls without the silver stick-on dots. It is probably over rating club speed by 1-2 mph.

But the variance is pretty consistent -- so as a relative baseline, it will tell me if my swing speed and ball speed have improved.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Just got mine. Orange band about 5 times wears out back of my right shoulder....
Duckhook
AG
I dread looking at this thread with each update, because I'm afraid I'm going to see that it works and I wind up buying the first golf contraption of my 50 year career.

I need what it promises, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.