Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,077 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Poot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When you do break 80, I bet it'll be a 76 or something like that.
DGrimesAg92
tamu2009 said:

I see this all over texags... i thought it was a joke and it seems to be used in a sarcastic way (use MISIG for everything)...

Is thing really a decent tool, or are yall completely mocking it?

I have one that I use to stretch with and it's a great tool. I've yet to figure out why all the hate. Maybe they thought buying it and some PXG's would automatically fix their wretched swings.
AggieDruggist89
AG
turfman80 said:

Dont see why its funny, but whatever....defective product.
Ok, it's not funny.

But it's funny.
Bernie_Fay
turfman80. Please email maryann@feelthestretch.com.

I own this. I will make it right.

Bernie Fay
www.feelthestretch.com
Bernie Fay
MISIG, Inc
DGrimesAg92
Look at that…..the owner, owning his product!

I sense the **** talking may ease off a bit now.

Great customer service, now I'm gonna order another one for a friend for Christmas.
Muy
AG
turfman80 said:

Just a heads up/warning for users... On your follow through, make sure you are pointed away from your house. I was practicing this evening and the shaft with the ball came loose/ dislodged from the foam grip and flew into and shattered a house window.

Sorry I lol'd. Seems like a very Clark Griswold'ish scene.

I own one and love it.
aggie_wes
AG
Got one of these last week, have practiced with it for probably 15 minutes total. Went out on the course yesterday and played really well the first ~7 holes. Driver was consistent and down the middle, irons were good. Then I felt my old habits start to creep back in and the driver went off the rails a little bit.

I'm hoping some more practice with the MISIG turns that first 7 holes into a full round, but time will tell.
Rusty GCS
AG
Check my YouTube ad just now
turfman80
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

turfman80. Please email maryann@feelthestretch.com.

I own this. I will make it right.

Bernie Fay
www.feelthestretch.com
I want to post a follow up on this. Bernie sent me a new FeeltheStretch and promised to reimburse me for the window repair. This is a great example of a company that treats its customers right. Thank you, Bernie and Maryann.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
CapCity12thMan
AG
gonna bet the Driver that goes 250 has way too much backspin on it. Long hitter with short irons and short with Driver is a clear indicator of that to me. I get 155-156 ball speed with 100mph clubhead speed and yet I carry the ball a bit further (261-265). My spin rate is really low.
74Ag1
AG
Santa brought me one.
Can't wait to get going
Have not played in several years.
DGrimesAg92
^^^500th Post^^^^

Gets free MISIG!!
Buford T. Justice
AG
I will soon buy one of these after reading this thread.
I took a look at the video, and this "should" help address a key issue of mine, lack of flexibility.

Trinity Ag
S
CapCity12thMan said:

gonna bet the Driver that goes 250 has way too much backspin on it. Long hitter with short irons and short with Driver is a clear indicator of that to me. I get 155-156 ball speed with 100mph clubhead speed and yet I carry the ball a bit further (261-265). My spin rate is really low.

According to trackman optimizers, a 240 yard carry would be a basically perfect shot with a 100 mph swing speed.

I suspect you either swing the club faster than 100mph (like 110mph), or are significantly overestimating your carry.

A 1.55-1.56 smash factor would be near magical! What is your set up?

aggie_wes
AG
So not sure if it's the MISIG or not, but below are my scores for my last 5 rounds. I received the MISIG on 11/30, so the last 4 rounds are since I've had it.

Scores haven't improved as much as I want as I'm still dialing in my irons and my short game is not good, but I'm shocked at how well i'm hitting my driver. My 'once a round' tee shot is now happening on 70 or 80% of my drives. I've been smacking the 3 wood also, to the point I'm thinking i need to pick up a 5 wood as the 3 wood has been long to the point of not keeping me out of trouble on several occasions.

I haven't been in front of the trackman since probably August, but i'll try to get into an indoor range here in the next few weeks when it gets cold and see where things are at. I was around 108 - 110 clubhead speed with the driver pre-MISIG.

Sorry for the long post, but i'm kinda excited.

Speckled Trout
AG
I bought mine when this thread first started but have only recently started using it.

What is the recommendation for timing of moving on to the next band? My first day working out with it, I did 4 sets of 20 reps with the orange band. Definitely felt it, but that appears to be a lot of reps based on what some others say they are doing.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Anybody bought this thing and didn't like it, didn't get positive results, or was just meh on it? Trying real hard not to buy one.
CapCity12thMan
AG
aggie_wes
AG
What did it say? If it's about my bad golf game, it's ok. I can take it.
Obi Wan Ginobili
CapCity12thMan said:

You're numbers are flat out inaccurate, or you are using non-conforming equipment. Only a fraction of players on tour reach 1.5 smash factor, and they are some of the best drivers of the golfball in the world. Kyle Berkshire averages less than 1.5. Some would say your 1.55+ smash factor is theoretically impossible with a conforming driver.

Also, for anyone reading this, don't worry about smash factor. It's a jaded number that fitters love to harp on. With driver, focus on ball speed and spin.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk
Southside AG
AG
My swing speed tops out around 101mph. We have TopTracer technology at my range. The top ball speed I get at the range is 140mph with the range ball. That carry goes a max of 220 with a good strike on the club face. That's consistent to what I will see on the course, probably a max 220-230 carry with a better ball and 260-270 max total distance. I would guess a ball speed around 145mph with a better ball.
CapCity12thMan
AG
wes: I was making a comparison of your "Before" and "After" bottom two only, then realized the other Afters above it so my comments made no sense.

but after looking at it again your Driving accuracy really didn't help your GIR that much.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I don't think they are inaccurate at all. 99mph-101mph chs and 153-157 ball speed is what I get. I've seen those on multiple monitors and devices. I carry ~260 and rolls out to approx 280-285. It's nothing to brag about I know.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Ball speed is what matters. Clubhead speed measured at heel vs toe and sole vs crown will be different.

Sure, smash factor at 1.5 is probably the max per physics.

So, if someone has a ball speed of 155, the true clubhead speed is probably higher than 100mph.

I believe skytrak measures the ball speed and spin then divides by 1.45 ~ to extrapolate the clubhead speed.

So I will say all of you are correct.
Obi Wan Ginobili
CapCity12thMan said:

I don't think they are inaccurate at all. 99mph-101mph chs and 153-157 ball speed is what I get. I've seen those on multiple monitors and devices. I carry ~260 and rolls out to approx 280-285. It's nothing to brag about I know.
Unless the device phyically measures both clubhead and ball speed, one or the other is calculated. Theoretical limit is 1.5 smash for conforming clubs.

I'm not implying you're a liar (my bad if it came across that way), I just think you one of your clubhead or ball speed numbers isn't quite what you think it is. My guess is your clubhead speed is closer to 104-105. Only devices that can accurately measure (not "calculate") clubhead speed are GCQuad and Trackman. These are what fitters use (GCQuad for indoor, Trackman for outdoor).
AggieDruggist89
AG
Oh... You did come across as calling him a lying *******...
CapCity12thMan
AG
Only places I have had a device on me are Golf Galaxy and GolfTec, both were consistent in the 99-102 chs and 153-157 ball speed. My distance seems to top out at 288 on average. I do know I can get ~300 on the course a few times per round so I don't know what to trust on some of these readings. Maybe my chs is higher than I think....?

I have had a Rapsodo device measure me at 110 chs with a driver (see below), yet the ball speed and the distance are what I saw at GG and GT. I have never been able to get the club 110, but maybe I should get on a device again soon. I dunno - see ball hit ball.

Rapsodo Driver:

Rapsodo 7i: Too many of these way off readings to make we want to spend $400 on one or trust these numbers as mentioned above

AggieDruggist89
AG
That 7 iron.....

That's ****ed up...
Obi Wan Ginobili
AggieDruggist89 said:

Oh... You did come across as calling him a lying *******...

Well, in my defense, I was correcting him in a way that gave him MORE clubhead speed than he thought, so I'm not a total POS. Unless you ask Tony Franklin on here, he will tell you different.
Obi Wan Ginobili
CapCity12thMan
AG
…afraid to ask what your post was
AggieDruggist89
AG
Year later, I made a commitment, new years resolution to use misig daily but ends up being three times a week... 2 to 3 sets of 10 stretches...

And I caught up to my buddy gorilla who started this craze.

My theory is MISIG gives me flexibility and Arc.
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

My theory is MISIG gives me flexibility and Arc.

...and a 5 figure kickback.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Don't hate!

I haven't seen an ad for MISIG from you yet...
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Don't hate!

Nah...just giving you a hard time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.