Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,130 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Ag_07 said:

Anyone else having this issue with their MISIG?

Still usable but my grip is slowly shrinking as it rolls more and more

Just started noticing this on mine. It seems like the product would benefit from a little ring stop above the handle. If you're using MISIG as a stretch it shouldn't happen, but when you start using as a swing trainer I imagine this is pretty ubiquitous.

Yeah I had to stop using it as a swing trainer because of this issue. Luckily when it came flying off I was outside so there was no great damage done.

Beware!
jj9000
AG
So, there were at least a dozen of these things ordered from this thread.

So far I've seen Mevo numbers from TrinityAg...and anecdotal results from folks using it once or twice (not going to see meaningful data from a 1-2 range session sample size).

Anyone else have non-anecdotal data to share?

Lot's of hype in the beginning...which has gone quiet 2 months post-ordering.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Entire golf equipment industry is based on hype and anecdotes.. Don't u know every new driver is longer and straighter and every $300 shaft does what the fitter says?

Having said that, we see our results in Skytrak but we're just not posting it in an organized way Trinity is.
Trinity Ag
S
When I get this Ventus Velocore Blue 6X in my driver, I'm going to be hitting it tree-fiddy.
ORAggieFan
$86 now on Amazon. Finally pulled the trigger. Here's to winning the long drive in July at my dad's member/guest!
AggieDruggist89
AG
You know, I actually hold that grip so lightly, I could use my thumb and forefinger to hold it. The pressure points are the slider and the left arm band.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
More anecdotal evidence, but I was striping the ball off of the tee yesterday. Hitting some really nice draws.

Hit my two longest drives ever on back to back holes. I'm normally a 230- 250 yard driver, but these were 280+.
ORAggieFan
OK, I got it, but the instructions are atrocious. How are you using this thing? Full swing or just back? Number of sets/reps/day? If this is covered already just let me know about where. The video on the site is a joke.
ORAggieFan
Finally read through the entire thread. The video on page 3 is helpful. I started today with 10 reps of the stretch and 10 of the swing. Will increase from there.
Duckhook
AG
ORAggieFan said:

OK, I got it, but the instructions are atrocious. How are you using this thing? Full swing or just back? Number of sets/reps/day? If this is covered already just let me know about where. The video on the site is a joke.

This is just my personal take on it. Didn't get this from anywhere.

I do 4 sets of 15 reps right handed. Then 3 sets of 15 left handed. All of these going as far back as I can. Then finish with 20 full swings without the tension band. Try to do this at least 3x per week.
dcrewint
Purchased a few for my girls' golf team, they better be hitting it 300 next season!
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think someone mentioned it as a joke a couple pages back, but can you get this thing gripped? Would that correct the issue of the foam grip rolling up?
REMARCH11
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

AG 07

Email us and we'll take care of this.

Bernie

maryann@feelthestretch.com

Will you ship to an FPO?
REMARCH11
AG
Well, they'll ship to an FPO so I ordered mine. I won't really know how much it improves my swing till I get back in September, I'll have JJ give a full break down of the improvements....LOL!

See y'all soon.
NColoradoAG
Man, this thread fell far. Got a new home for my MISIG

AgOutsideAustin
AgfromHOU
AG
Sweet setup. Really dig the headcover collection.
Trinity Ag
S
NColoradoAG said:

Hardest Working Man in Golf.
irish pete ag06
AG
Well played
Baby Billy
AG
Just discovered this thread.

Shhiiiiiittttttt. Ordering in the morning
JarAG2007
AG
I only use this about 2-3 times a week (just added to my workouts that i do, end with this for stretching with tightest band). I can say my iron game has seen improvement the most. Ball striking has improved greatly. I have always been better iron than wood player, but can definitely see a difference in better strikes, and more consistency.

If i could ever hit straight drives i would see improvement there as well. I did find the fairway more with my fade (sometime slices). On one par 5 this past weekend i was able to get a 320 yrd drive which was the straightest of the day.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Drove the green yesterday on a 260 yard risk/reward par 4 that was all carry.

I haven't really been using it as much lately since we have been traveling, but it worked great as a pre-round stretch for me to really get me to open my shoulders and be able to fully rotate.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
3 weeks in doing ~20 reps on both sides 3-4 times a week. Iron play ball striking has seen biggest improvements. Definitely a believer
JYDog90
AG
Just ordered one after reading this thread.

Had one of the more discouraging days in golf yesterday looking to get driver fitted.

I told the guy, "look, I'm old, I have neck fusions and my muscles are tighter than an 8 day clock. I want you to look at my numbers with a couple of my drivers and then see if you can put me in something where I get a little more carry. Im a 7 hdcp but I only carry the ball about 200 yds."

He said, "BS, how far do you hit a 7 iron?"

I told him 150 and he said, "let's go take a look."

Sure enough, that poor guy put me in 5 different heads and twice that many shafts and every stinking one of them 192, 200, 206, 195, 202.

My ball speed was about 124. He told me, there's nothing wrong with your swing, you just need some greater flexibility.

So here we go.
Formerly Willy Wonka
CapCity12thMan
AG
mine has stayed in the closet for the most part and my clubhead speed hasn't changed. So there's that.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Sure enough, that poor guy put me in 5 different heads and twice that many shafts and every stinking one of them 192, 200, 206, 195, 202.

That's an amazing consistency!!! And there's that.
DGAG92
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Why can't I just use my putter with my left hand on the grip and my right hand on the neck? Is the sliding grip and bungie cord part really worth $140? Looks like I can do the essential part of the stretch with just a short club.

You can also do push ups and pull ups instead of paying for a gym membership, but people don't.
DGAG92
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Rogue? Still?
NColoradoAG
DGAG92 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Rogue? Still?

Driver prices are crazy! Got fitted this spring into an Epic LS with a tour design shaft at the low low price of $865. Only to gain 4mph in ball speed. Hoping that combo shows up in 9 months on the used sites.
chupacabra tacos
AG
It's been a definite help to my swing. My drive is now respectable. The iron play is great. I'm striping it and added about 10% on each iron distance.
Worth it.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I was hitting nukes today. Absolute missiles off the box! I've also been flying the green a lot on approach shots. I need to dial in new distances.

I've been on the blue band for about a month. Do 3 sets of 10 on each side about 3x/week.
Trinity Ag
S
Hit it 322 on par 5 #15 at Traditions today. Hit a 7 iron 179 to the back fringe, chipped to within 2 feet and made birdie.

Was 299 on #18 on a strike a little low on the face. Stuck the 54* inside 8 feet and made the birdie.

It has taken some adjustments, but I am finally getting adjusted to the increased shoulder turn with the MISIG.

It won't help you in the closet, but it works if you use it.
bagger05
AG
What's the TexAgs discount code?
JYDog90
AG
I think if you buy it on Amazon it's $86 which is what it is with the code.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Bernie_Fay
Texags coupon code is "TEXAGS" 79.99

https://www.feelthestretch.com
Bernie Fay
MISIG, Inc

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.