Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,103 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will get rid of your duck hook.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Duckhook said:

I dread looking at this thread with each update, because I'm afraid I'm going to see that it works and I wind up buying the first golf contraption of my 50 year career.

I need what it promises, though.

Lol me too this is the closest I've been to buying something since that iron that had the hinge in the shaft .... whatever that thing was called. Medicus ?
PJYoung
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Just got mine. Orange band about 5 times wears out back of my right shoulder....
Same here. I'm starting slow which is better than how it usually goes with these things.
Duckhook
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Will get rid of your duck hook.

Ha, not a problem now. But there's a reason I picked that handle for a bunch of my accounts back at the dawn of the World Wide Web.
PJYoung
AG
Rusty GCS
AG
Think you could use this to work on shallowing the club as well?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Yes. It really forces you to have an inside-out swing.

Feeling pretty good with this after 5 days. I think it's actually pretty decent for my posture and brings my shoulders back. Really good for those of us that have desk jobs with slumped shoulders.
Hanrahan
AG
I have used this a few times so far and played twice now having used it and I have to say so far I am very impressed. It has given me a much more reliable swing plane and the ability to increase speed without swing any harder. I flew four greens today. I'm pretty excited to keep using it.
Rusty GCS
AG
Hanrahan said:

I have used this a few times so far and played twice now having used it and I have to say so far I am very impressed. It has given me a much more reliable swing plane and the ability to increase speed without swing any harder. I flew four greens today. I'm pretty excited to keep using it.

Dammit. Now you're going to make me buy it.

Edit: I'm a sucker. Bought it. Something about desperate souls.
Texas Ag 15
AG
I'm about to be right there with you..
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hanrahan said:

So you picked up 10 -15 yards on your irons ?

Driver gains ?
Ag_07
AG
GDit...Guess I'm about to put in my order.
Trucker 96
I don't have one, but I do a similar stretch by just sliding my right hand down the shaft (that's what she said) as I make a backswing. I've always found it to be a good plane drill along with providing a good stretch. I'll do the same thing before hitting a shot if I feel like I'm having trouble with my swing in a round. So I can see how this would have some merit.

So for those that don't want to spring the $90 on a contraption, I would encourage watching the videos and emulating the same stretches with a club.
G Martin 87
AG
Fore Left! said:

I don't have one, but I do a similar stretch by just sliding my right hand down the shaft (that's what she said) as I make a backswing. I've always found it to be a good plane drill along with providing a good stretch. I'll do the same thing before hitting a shot if I feel like I'm having trouble with my swing in a round. So I can see how this would have some merit.

So for those that don't want to spring the $90 on a contraption, I would encourage watching the videos and emulating the same stretches with a club.
That was my question earlier in the thread. I did the stretches with just a short club. The stretch is still great that way, but the lack of a resistance band doesn't provide the muscle toning benefit.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yalls Bunch of olds
?w=584
Trinity Ag
S
Trinity Ag said:

Mine came in the mail today.

I hit some balls on the range yesterday with the Mevo.

5 drivers shots, here were the average numbers:

108.8 Swing Speed
153.3 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
2450 Spin
14.7 Launch
252.9 Carry

This was with a Ping G410 LST, with a Ping Tour 65 X-flex shaft and Titleist range balls.

So there is my baseline.

BTW -- I'm 52, 5'10" 170, and my flexibility sucks.

Just did 10 reps with the lightest (orange) band, and I definitely felt it.
So, I've been at it for a week. Up to 25-30 reps, twice a day on the orange band. I'm doing normal grip, and also reversing and using it left-handed.

Hit the range today and hit 17 balls with the Driver. Here were my numbers:

111.7 Swing Speed
155.5 Ball Speed
1.39 Smash
2628 Spin
14.1 Launch
255.4 Carry

Again -- this is with a Mevo, so it is not exact, and likely over-estimates swing speed. I included all my drives, including a couple of toe and low strikes. My best strike was 266.7 carry, with a 159.3 ball speed and 111.4 swing speed.

Hard to say if this was natural variance, or gains from the training aid, but it certainly seems positive.
Trinity Ag
S
100% Pure Aggie
moar reviews/results please!

I have spent eleventybilliondollars over 40 years trying to buy a golf game so of course i want to believe this contraption is the holy golf grail device i've been in search of.

will prolly buy it anyway lol.
PJYoung
AG
100% Pure Aggie said:

I have spent eleventybilliondollars over 40 years trying to buy a golf game so of course i want to believe this contraption is the holy golf grail device i've been in search of.

I have been playing a lot of golf the past year or so and finally started to work on my game some, even seeing an instructor last year for a couple of months.

My main problem has been ball striking, a strong fade and a slow swing speed which equals pitiful distance (other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?). I struggle to break 220 yards with driver consistently.

This week I used this device maybe a total of 20 minutes before hitting the course yesterday and I am officially intrigued now.

If I ever hook the ball it's always off of the first tee but yesterday I had 3 hooks total with my driver including off of #14. While I have been consistently gaining distance the past few weeks with my driver, yesterday I had 2 drives over 250 which is extremely rare for me.

This training device was HARD when I first started - I was surprised at how quickly it wore me out. Tons of resistance and you get a good burn going pretty quickly.

I'm trying to adhere to the 'start slow' advice and not overdo it and injure myself but I am excited enough to continue using this every day for at least 10 minutes a pop which is way more than I can say for any other training device I've ever tried.

It's way too soon for me to recommend it but I can see where it is going to help somebody like me who never ever works on his strength or flexibility.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
30 yard pick up on your drives. Notice any more distance on your irons ?
PJYoung
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

30 yard pick up on your drives. Notice any more distance on your irons ?

A little more for sure when i struck them well but what I noticed most was the lack of fade which caused well struck balls to end up a good 20 yards left of where I expected them to land.

I think it's probably impossible to go over the top with this tool and I can see where doing this every day will help get my swing more consistently on plane.
100% Pure Aggie
PJYoung said:

100% Pure Aggie said:

I have been playing a lot of golf the past year or so and finally started to work on my game some, even seeing an instructor last year for a couple of months.

My main problem has been ball striking, a strong fade and a slow swing speed which equals pitiful distance (other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?). I struggle to break 220 yards with driver consistently. [same with me ugh]

This week I used this device maybe a total of 20 minutes before hitting the course yesterday and I am officially intrigued now.

If I ever hook the ball it's always off of the first tee but yesterday I had 3 hooks total with my driver including off of #14. While I have been consistently gaining distance the past few weeks with my driver, yesterday I had 2 drives over 250 which is extremely rare for me. [OMG, I'll take that kind of improvement any day!!]

This training device was HARD when I first started - I was surprised at how quickly it wore me out. Tons of resistance and you get a good burn going pretty quickly.

I'm trying to adhere to the 'start slow' advice and not overdo it and injure myself but I am excited enough to continue using this every day for at least 10 minutes a pop which is way more than I can say for any other training device I've ever tried.

It's way too soon for me to recommend it but I can see where it is going to help somebody like me who never ever works on his strength or flexibility.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna get it, dang, $90 is pocket change compared to what i've spent on lessons and other attempts to buy a golf game....mostly on newest clubs, esp drivers. Bought the PING G410 Plus last March and a 3-pack of lessons, I hit it very well...then Covid hit after my first lesson.

I'll give some feedback after I get my new toy
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Sales are booming thanks to Texags !!
Golf 2021 only gets you $30 off now.....
Bernie_Fay
Coupon Code "TEXAGS" Saves $52.00

Winter Sale Is Over Except For Texags

FeelTheStretch.com

Bernie
Ag_07
AG
The power of TexAgs!!!

This place never ceases to amaze me
Trucker 96
Go Bernie. This code is legit
giddings_ag_06
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

Coupon Code "TEXAGS" Saves $52.00

Winter Sale Is Over Except For Texags

FeelTheStretch.com

Bernie

Thanks Bern! After watching this thread forever I decided "why the hell not". Looking forward to felling the bern!!
WhoopN06
Bernie what kind of cut is Druggist getting?
Texas Ag 15
AG
Welp there goes $90
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hell yeah TEXAGS code is legit !!!

There goes $87 !!! Thanks Bernie

LOL I'll definitely report back results
G Martin 87
AG
Sold! A business owner who creates a TexAgs user account and a coupon code just for us deserves my hard earned cash. Take my money, Bernie!
Ag_07
AG
I was kinda following this thread along and was intrigued but snatched mine up this evening and it's on its way!

Thanks and Gig Em!!
AggieDruggist89
AG
WhoopN06 said:

Bernie what kind of cut is Druggist getting?

Nice!
Rusty GCS
AG
The count has to be 20 sold by now just from your group and this thread
Duckhook
AG
Dammit! Ordered it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.