Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,143 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are y'all taking away left and right handed? Just did 15 with both arms and it's definitely stretching new area. Really looking forward to seeing results.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Got mine today. Not sure I'm using it right. Can someone explain how you are using it? Are you only moving your right hand/arm which then makes you move your left arm? Or are you actually taking it back at the beginning with both arms like a swing?

And how does it prevent you from going over the top? Are you supposed to swing down after you reach the top of the stretch?
Rusty GCS
AG

Personally, I'm starting the swing on a wide arc until the right arm takes over to stay straight.

I did 20 to the top to get in position. Then did 20 more from that spot and then dropping into the slot and finishing the swing. I would do more but I'm still on light duty from a small surgery last week to fix a reproductive issue lol
mavsfan4ever
AG
Thanks
giddings_ag_06
AG
Longest driver today in my weekly skins game. Only been using it two days. This is working already. (Honestly, today really was a great driver day for me)
Duckhook
AG
I liked to never figure out how the strap came together. Finally got that done and spent about 20 minutes, off and on, doing the basic routine with the straight right arm to the top. Definitely a bit of a workout. Didn't do both sides on this first workout.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Did anyone else not really pay attention to the instructions and put it on your forearm and think even the easiest band was way too hard? Once I put it in the right place I was a bit relieved.
AggieDruggist89
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Did anyone else not really pay attention to the instructions and put it on your forearm and think even the easiest band was way too hard? Once I put it in the right place I was a bit relieved.

Guilty
G Martin 87
AG
Mine was delivered yesterday, but we're on vacation. Playing my last weakling round tomorrow.
McGibblets
AG
Anyone have any input on this helping you stay on plane? My dad has a pretty significant (but consistent) fade on his drives, and I'm wondering if something like this would help him straighten things out a little
SmackDaddy
AG
In order for this device to work do I have to actually use it??
Duckhook
AG
Freeze Frame said:

A friend of mine told me once that he valued in-home exercise equipment by how many pieces of clothing he could hang on it.
Ag_07
AG
Freeze Frame said:

Honestly that's one thing that caught my attention.

I don't have to be on the range or hitting balls or use it. I can be at home in front of the tv or on a conference call using it for 15-20 mins a day.
SmackDaddy
AG
Ag_07 said:

Freeze Frame said:

Honestly that's one thing that caught my attention.

I don't have to be on the range or hitting balls or use it. I can be at home in front of the tv or on a conference call using it for 15-20 mins a day.
Definite benefit. Much like any other "aid" I hope I actually use it.
jonj101

Just arrived - fresh out the box. Gonna watch the video again and put in some preliminary work.

Unfortunately I dont have immediate access to a Trackman to judge before and after. But considering how terribly I'm hooking the ball right now, I don't think numbers would be very telling anyway.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Great backyard. what's the full setup look like out there?
Duckhook
AG
Dear diary,

Day 2: 5 sets of 20 reps right-handed. 3 sets of 10 reps left-handed. 20 full swings without the tension band.
gunan01
AG
I play like once a year but this thread inspired me to buy one. That and the Texags discount lol.

Hoping that working with this device motivates me to get better and play more often.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Duckhook said:

Dear diary,

Day 2: 5 sets of 20 reps right-handed. 3 sets of 10 reps left-handed. 20 full swings without the tension band.

Have you hit a ball yet?
Duckhook
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Duckhook said:

Dear diary,

Have you hit a ball yet?

Saturday will be my first time out.
Bernie_Fay
"TEXAGS" COUPON CODE JUST MOVED TO A BETTER VOLUME DISCOUNT DURING OUR SPRING SALE

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

BERNIE AND MARY ANN FAY
OWNERS

http://www.feelthestretch.com
AgOutsideAustin
AG
$7 more bucks off, better get more boxes ready.
Thanks Bernie.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

"TEXAGS" COUPON CODE JUST MOVED TO A BETTER VOLUME DISCOUNT DURING OUR SPRING SALE

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

BERNIE AND MARY ANN FAY
OWNERS

Well, I just bought my second one. I lost my bet that I would get my dad's after he got sick of it. I need one of my own now!
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

BERNIE AND MARY ANN FAY
OWNERS

This is how you do it. Just ordered one.
Ag_07
AG
How many do we need to sell to get Bernie an Ag tag?
Post removed:
by user
ElCheAg
AG
Anyone break their back yet using this device? (Only asking because remember someone saying that this would bust up your back.)
NColoradoAG
I've been using mine for a week now. Went to golftec yesterday and hit driver for 30 minutes. Didn't notice anything different in the numbers, but also not expecting instant results. I am pretty sore up and down the left and right side of my ribs so it's definitely working those muscles. Taking today off to recuperate.
proudaggie02
AG
ElCheAg said:

Anyone break their back yet using this device? (Only asking because remember someone saying that this would bust up your back.)
I'm interested in this as well. I've done physical therapy, chiropractic, and cryotherapy over the last 3 weeks to try to get my back feeling good... and I'm a little scared to try this if it's going to mess with my back and bring on another bout of spasms.
Duckhook
AG
proudaggie02 said:

ElCheAg said:

I'm interested in this as well. I've done physical therapy, chiropractic, and cryotherapy over the last 3 weeks to try to get my back feeling good... and I'm a little scared to try this if it's going to mess with my back and bring on another bout of spasms.

I get lower back spasms on occasion and I haven't felt anything from using this (for 2 nights anyway). I feel it imy arms, down my sides, and in my core.
proudaggie02
AG
^
Thanks. Out of curiosity, how bad are your spasms? Are they manageable, or is it 3-4 days of hell 1-2 times/year?
jonj101
Texas Ag 15 said:

Great backyard. what's the full setup look like out there?

Thanks - its the result of working remotely due to covid. The yard was previously bland and I got fed up with walking outside and seeing wasted potential.

Its a typical neighborhood house. Built a putting green and a fire pit, as well as stained the fence with Ready Seal. My green is only around 725 sq ft and 6 holes, so its not as impressive as others, but it has enough variance of putts to give me meaningful practice. Would post pics, but don't want to hijack AD's thread further.

BTT - my first round with the MISIG I used the orange band and followed the stretch instructions keeping my arms straight. I was able to push the handle all the way to the blue ball. I did 20 reps as suggested, but I wasn't sure if this meant that I should go to another band or what. I tried it being more steep as well as laying it back. I reread the instructions and watched other YouTube vids, but haven't seen anything definitive.

Is this happening with anyone else or am I missing something? If this is just part of the process and I still need to go through the two weeks on orange or increase the reps to 50 then I will. But I wasn't sure.

Rusty GCS
AG
proudaggie02 said:

^
Thanks. Out of curiosity, how bad are your spasms? Are they manageable, or is it 3-4 days of hell 1-2 times/year?

I get spasms like you mention. Physical therapy didn't help me. An inversion table is the only thing I've found to help.

I've used this 3 days and it hadn't bothered my back. But I haven't worked it hard yet because 27 holes or 3 large buckets will get me walking hunched over.
Duckhook
AG
proudaggie02 said:

^

It's a couple of days of hell maybe once every 2 years. Pretty much immobile. I've never found anything to make them go away except time.

But, I regularly have some pain in the affected area. About my belt line on either side of my spine. I've just learned to be careful when lifting, twisting etc. I'm sure playing as much golf as I do doesn't help.

To keep it on topic, I've used it now for 3 nights in a row and it hasn't seemed to bother my back where I typically get spasms.
Trinity Ag
S
I've been working on it for several weeks now -- got up over 30 reps with the Orange band, work right handed and left-handed, and have been using the blue band for a week.

It has been crazy windy, so it is difficult to assess any "gains" on the course. But I hit some absolutely bombing drives yesterday.

One second order effect of this is that it has messed with my swing some -- not in a terrible way, just different. I saw my ball striking decline after a week, but improve the past couple of days as I got used to using a bigger shoulder turn.

If the rain clears up, I'll try to get some numbers this afternoon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.