Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,102 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
FTAco07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My irons were always right to left and this mat have made it a bit more, but definitely something in can prevent if I'm focused on it. I've never been able to his a driver right to left and now I can. It's amazing being able to move the ball around the corner on holes I've never had a chance at while stil being able to bring back the old fade swing if I need it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
bagger05 said:

I'm intrigued but worried - I already hit a draw I sometimes overcook.

Anybody have a report on what it does to you if your ball flight is already right to left?

I fought a hook for 36 years. My reason for the hook was because I was taught to start the downswing by throwing my hip forward and drop my right elbow to the side. Causing a massive into out swing.

So what does an athletic kid do? Make the grip stronger and stronger and hit a huge sweeping hook that makes the ball travel far.

But when my timing was off, I'd hit some ugly hookenF ers.

In fact, I have the credit for the term hookenF er in urban dictionary. You da man is the author and that's me.

Last 3 years, I was able to get rid of my hooks. It happened gradually over 2 years by correcting my downswing where my hip stays deep and I gradually weakened my grip. Now my misses are mostly blocks. Sure I still draw the ball.

What MISIG did for me is, at first, it had me come from outside in and caused me to pull left. But that was first few weeks. I think it's due to a bigger shoulder turn and the lack of adjustment to timing. But now it's no longer the case.

So I wouldn't worry about it.
Trucker 96
Played with Rich Beem in a Byron Nelson pro-am about 20 years ago and he dropped a "hookenfokker" after one of our playing partners' tee shots. It was not mine so i think username technically does not check out here.
Trinity Ag
S
Had my best round in 2 years today.

Shot 78 at Traditions. Shot even on the front, then started triple (chunked 2 chips), bogey (sand, 2 putts), double (blocked a 5 wood into the woods) - and finished the last 6 even par, for 36-42= 78.

Drove the ball really well on a soft course from the rain. 301 yards on #14 - 20 yards further than I usually hit it.

I am finally dialing in the irons, which took a bit of work from the extra shoulder turn. I am maybe 5 yards longer with the irons, but I feel like I am generating the same distance without swinging as hard.
FbgTxAg
AG
Fore Left! said:

Played with Rich Beem in a Byron Nelson pro-am about 20 years ago and he dropped a "hookenfokker" after one of our playing partners' tee shots. It was not mine so i think username technically does not check out here.

Rich Beam is a great dude. Likes to have fun playing golf and is as regular a dude as you could ever play with.

And short as F***.
bagger05
AG
Fore Left! said:

In the words of Paul Azinger, "You can't be a good golfer until you learn how to hit a hook. Then you spend the rest of your life trying not to do it."

I think it was Trevino who said "you can reason with a fade but a hook won't listen" or something like that.
REMARCH11
AG
jj9000 said:

MISIG
So, have you bought one yet?
jj9000
AG
REMARCH11 said:

jj9000 said:

MISIG

Waiting for some additional numbers to be posted from folks that have used it for several weeks. Very small sample size.

However...I have bought a Epic Flash Sub Zero with a Graphite Design Tour AD TP6X. PING G400 LST driver is at PING HQ getting a weight replaced.
REMARCH11
AG
jj9000 said:

REMARCH11 said:

jj9000 said:

MISIG

Waiting for some additional numbers to be posted from folks that have used it for several weeks. Very small sample size.

However...I have bought a Epic Flash Sub Zero with a Graphite Design Tour AD TP6X. PING G400 LST driver is at PING HQ getting a weight replaced.
you bought a.....................backup driver??????

Let me know how your MISIG works out.
CapCity12thMan
AG
oh boy....big fan of Zach Allen, but see what he is discussing:

Ag_07
AG
Anyone else having this issue with their MISIG?

Still usable but my grip is slowly shrinking as it rolls more and more

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Whoa hope your grip isn't shrinking or rolling up on other stuff.
JFrench
AG
Mine did that after about 2 weeks
giddings_ag_06
AG
Wrap it with electrical tape.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Email maryann@feelthestretch.com and see if she and Bernie can help.
jj9000
AG
Ag_07 said:

You mean you guys haven't already regripped your MISIGs with Golf Pride MCC+4 ??
Bernie_Fay
AG 07

Email us and we'll take care of this.

Bernie

maryann@feelthestretch.com

Bernie Fay
MISIG, Inc
lazuras_dc
AG
We got Bernie Fay on here ?! Now if they become a sponsor I'll be impressed with the power of texags.

I went to Edwin watts and my driver swing speed was 88mph was kind of sad to see it so low. I've worked through the first band which now feels pretty easy. On to the next. I'll report back after working the red band for a few weeks to see if we see any improvements.
JFrench
AG
Thanks. Truth be told my kids played with it. I always assume they're the culprit. Wasn't anyone else posting on the problem until now too

My coworker dealt with Mary Ann when we bought the two for deal. He said she was great.

If that's Bernie in the videos he looks near retirement. We should put together a Texags group buy with people on this thread to buy MISIG.
AledoAg86
AG
I have to admit - you guys are making me want to order a MISIG!! Increased flexibility can certainly help me.

Ag_07
AG
Email sent

Thanks!!!
Trinity Ag
S
Trinity Ag said:

Trinity Ag said:

I hit this range this afternoon.

Here was my baseline on 24 Feb, 18 days ago:

Quote:

108.8 Swing Speed
153.3 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
2450 Spin
14.7 Launch
252.9 Carry

Reminder -- this is a Mevo -- the ball speed is the only thing really being measured accurately -- the rest are partial calculations, and tend to overestimate swing speed, and underestimate carry and smash.

Here were my last 10 Driver shots, after warming up -- none deleted:

112.1 Swing Speed
157.7 Ball Speed
1.41 Smash
254.8 Carry
11.7 Launch Angle
3025 Spin

I was tending to be quick, and had a number of toe-y hooks in that group - those tended to be the ones with a low launch angle, dropping the average angle and carry.

Leaving the range, I hit 6 tee shots off #4 at Traditions - a very slightly downhill Par 4, with maybe 5 mph wind, and a damp fairway. Temps in the 60s.

I hooked 3 -- not terrible drives on some holes, but out of the fairway.

I hit 3 on the screws: 294, 298, and 305 right down the middle.

Bottom line is that I've gained roughly 4 mph Ball speed in roughly 3 weeks.

It has also changed my swing -- lengthening it -- which makes tempo and sequencing more important. I have to pause at the top and start from the hips, or I get quick & handsy and hook it.

Overall, I'd say it does what it says it does, and I'll keep working at it - probably switching to the red band next weekend. But realize using this isn't going to just make you faster without affecting your swing.
Update: I've been at it for 6+ weeks, and have been using the Red band for the past 2+ weeks.

Hit a ton of ball on the range today, and finished with the driver, after hitting about 75 iron shots.

117.2 Swing Speed )(+8.4 from baseline)
163.5 Ball Speed (+10.2)
1.4 Smash
271.4 Carry (+18.5)
14.6 Launch Angle
2725 Spin

Note this was 11 straight drives -- with no deleted shots. You can see one outlier in there, which dragged down the average a bit. I hooked 3-4 of the first ones (sliding my weight). Once I dialed in, the last 5 were flat out bombs -- all would have been in the fairway.

And the additional distance is noticeable on the course. The new greenskeeper at Traditions has set the course up much firmer than before, so the roll is significantly longer than normal -- but I am easily 20-30 yards longer than 3 months ago. I'm hitting 300+ yard drives for the first time in years.

I do 25 reps per day, left and right. Working up from 10-15 when I changed to firmer bands.

I'm sold on the MISIG. This damn thing just flat works.

Still working with the red band 20-30 reps each side 4-5 days a week.

Hitting it long, but spraying it everywhere. My gamer is a G410 LST with a Ping Tour 65g X shaft. When I bought the club, it came with a PX Evenflow Black 75g X. At the range, I swapped them out to see if that might help, and instantly started hitting straight bombs.

New numbers:

119.1 Swing Speed )(+10.3 from baseline)
166 Ball Speed (+12.7)
1.39 Smash
271.5 Carry (+18.6)
14.6 Launch Angle
3174 Spin

Ball speed is up 2.5 from the lighter shaft and accuracy is WAY better. The Mevo is reading carry the same due to much higher spin. Although I don't trust the spin calculations, especially without hitting metallic stickers on the range, I may dial the 10.5 loft down to 9.5 to see if that reduces spin and increases carry.

Regardless, it is pretty clear that my increased swing speed has been overwhelming the shaft that fit pretty well when I was in the low 150s. The MISIG is going to cost me some money in the form of some new sticks.

AggieDruggist89
AG
Little over 2 months and your swing speed is up 10mph +

Similar result as my buddy.

This is awesome!
CapCity12thMan
AG
get that spin rate down and you'll be in business
jj9000
AG
Trinity Ag said:

The MISIG is going to cost me some money in the form of some new sticks.

EFE
AG
Only played a hot nine this afternoon, but I got 3 gawd damns! and a holy ***** Off of the tee boxes today. Playing in a tournament tomorrow, we'll see how it looks across a full 18.
Trucker 96
EFE said:

Only played a hot nine this afternoon, but I got 3 gawd damns! and a holy ***** Off of the tee boxes today. Playing in a tournament tomorrow, we'll see how it looks across a full 18.

This is called "setting oneself up for an F Golf post"
EFE
AG
The three rounds I played to start the year prior to buying the misig had me firmly in the F golf realm. I'm in a good spot right now, don't piss on it just yet.
Trucker 96
I didn't make the rules. I've just played the game for 35 years and seen the cruelty of the golf gods too many times.
Trinity Ag
S
CapCity12thMan said:

get that spin rate down and you'll be in business
I cranked the Ping down to 9.5 degrees, and increased my average carry over 270, dropped the measured spin ~400 RPM.
EFE
AG
Hook showed up three times today. First hole, longest drive hole, and the last hole. Used my tee shot on the rest we used driver on. We sprayed 2nd shots and two putted all of the par threes. Ended up a legit 6 under. Was told an 11 under won it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
EFE said:

Hook showed up three times today. First hole, longest drive hole, and the last hole. Used my tee shot on the rest we used driver on. We sprayed 2nd shots and two putted all of the par threes. Ended up a legit 6 under. Was told an 11 under won it.

Rubble
AG
EFE said:

-11, that's it? Must have been a 2 man scramble
REMARCH11
AG
You ordered yours yet????
Let me know how it goes!!
lazuras_dc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Just started noticing this on mine. It seems like the product would benefit from a little ring stop above the handle. If you're using MISIG as a stretch it shouldn't happen, but when you start using as a swing trainer I imagine this is pretty ubiquitous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.