Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,099 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Outlaw0206
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had it about 3-4weeks now I believe.. Drawing the ball more than I ever have. And added about 30 + yards on my driver. I always knew my limitation was flexibility and this has really helped stretch me out
Southside AG
AG
Happy Fathers Day! Got the MISIG. I'm right handed and feel the muscle working in my right trap more than anything. I assumed this would stretch my left arm/shoulder. Maybe that will come? Just a few reps on the orange band and I need a break.
shaynew1
AG
I don't even have time to play golf anymore with work and these babies, but you guys and this thread got me to get one.

Hopefully I can keep some rust off for the random 18 I play throughout the year.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I'm feeling it more in my infraspinatus. Do you have the strap above your elbow?
Rusty GCS
AG
Had 270 into a green with a 10 mph wind in my face yesterday. Took a 3W and left myself 10 yards short of the green.

Surprised myself. Haven't been doing the full routine anymore but doing 10-15 reps one time with the red band twice a week and before a round
bagger05
AG
Just ordered one
Rusty GCS
AG
I also had 180 left into 2 par 5s yesterday. Tried to hit a smooth 6 instead of swinging at a 7. You know, to be smart.

Blocked both right into water and made bogey's
bagger05
AG
Just got mine in today.

So what is y'all's MISIG routine?

Do you get to the top and hold it for X seconds for __ reps?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I took the plunge, first day with it, definitely feel in my right hip. I have always struggled with flexibility so looking forward to working this out
Bad Poster
Bought a MISIG for my dad on for father's day. He's got a big belly so I dont know how well this will work for him, but his back swing is probably half of most people so I think if he can increase his flexibility and get more of a turn in his back swing he will love this thing. If he noticeably hits it farther I will order one for myself.
JYDog90
AG
bagger05 said:

Just got mine in today.

You haven't gotten an answer on this and I think it's a good question. I do agree that the video on pg3 is helpful, but it doesn't really get into a regimen. He mentions 25 or 50 reps/session. I've found that undoable for me at the beginning.

My deal is try to do 20 reps and hold it for about 5-10 seconds, then do the "bend your right arm and do pull downs with your left arm" for 20 reps. Then I keep my left arm stiff at 9:00 and then raise my arm for 20 reps.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Trinity Ag
S
Willy Wonka said:

bagger05 said:

Just got mine in today.

You haven't gotten an answer on this and I think it's a good question. I do agree that the video on pg3 is helpful, but it doesn't really get into a regimen. He mentions 25 or 50 reps/session. I've found that undoable for me at the beginning.

My deal is try to do 20 reps and hold it for about 5-10 seconds, then do the "bend your right arm and do pull downs with your left arm" for 20 reps. Then I keep my left arm stiff at 9:00 and then raise my arm for 20 reps.
I just did full extensions 10-15 reps both sides, 4-5 times a week.

When I built up to 20-25 (about 2 weeks) I went to the stronger band.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I wish I had a referral code, the MISIG is not the only reason obviously, but I got my MISIG on Monday after shooting a 101 a Riverside (austin) which is wide open but small greens (since the freeze) and one of the worst rounds of my adult life to shoot a 78 at Shadowglen today. That's my best round in 15 years by 5 strokes.

Two primary differences my short game which I drilled all week in the back yard after the kid went to bed was nails but also, I didn't come over the top of one ball which I credited to MISIG and never felt the need to swing hard

I mainly used it as a stretching device using the weakest band for 10 reps of 15 second holds.
MarylandAG
Does the TEXAGS code that Bernie posted sometime back still work when ordering one?
Bad Poster
MarylandAG said:

Does the TEXAGS code that Bernie posted sometime back still work when ordering one?

Ordered one on the website with the code last week and it worked.
Goose06
AG
Save me reading the last 10 pagesis there a consensus? Is there a good summary of who it worked for and who it didn't? Did anyone report it messing up their swings?

I hit a draw or hook mostly. Play about 5 times a year (have 4 kids). Hit driver about 265. Probably 250 carry. My biggest problem is I'll go 6 months without playing and then it takes me a round to get my swing back consistent. Seems this might help keep my swing consistent during my extended layoffs. My goal isn't to add distance, thought that would be a nice side benefit.

Thoughts?
Gabriel Belmont
AG
We'll dang, there are some good results here ordered.
Ag_07
AG
Just read through the thread and you'll get your answers.

I would think if you only play 5 times a year it's not worth it. At that rate you may have a consistent swing but I'd imagine you're just practicing bad habits. You need to hit balls and see what's your results are.

I mean I guess it may work as a stretch aid but I don't know. I don't see it making a difference for someone who plays so sparingly. Just my 0.02
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If you don't play a lot you could probably use it as a practice mechanism in the back yard. It will atleast work those muscles but might not be worth it
hot dog
AG
shaynew1
AG
Been playing around with it for a few days and I think its going to be useful for a seldom if ever player like me.

Going to play a tune up round next week before heading to NM with the family the week after. It's more of a work trip but I know we'll end up in Angel Fire for a round or two. I don't think I've played since Thanksgiving. So if I career it, all you guys on the fence can order one with confidence.
Trinity Ag
S
Goose06 said:

Save me reading the last 10 pagesis there a consensus? Is there a good summary of who it worked for and who it didn't? Did anyone report it messing up their swings?

I hit a draw or hook mostly. Play about 5 times a year (have 4 kids). Hit driver about 265. Probably 250 carry. My biggest problem is I'll go 6 months without playing and then it takes me a round to get my swing back consistent. Seems this might help keep my swing consistent during my extended layoffs. My goal isn't to add distance, thought that would be a nice side benefit.

Thoughts?
It worked for me: ~10 mph ball speed on the Driver after roughly 2 months.

Yes, it changed my swing in ways that have required adjustment.

If you play 5 times a year, it might not be worth it. But it will increase your core strength, and flexibility. What that does to your golf swing is anybody's guess.

As far as "consensus" goes, my sense from those who have posted is that it works as advertised. Those who use it consistently have seen gains. Those who don't, haven't.

The biggest difference for me is that I am generating the same or better distance with about 80% of the effort -- which has really helped my Iron and wedge play. I hit the driver longer than any time since my 30s. But I still block & pull when I lose focus, slide, or get too quick in anticipation of hitting a "big" drive.
cjsag94
AG
Recent review on Amazon. Druggist had 1 friend return for shoulder pain.. anyone else have these types of issues?
oldag00
AG
I would agree it's best to work both sides evenly. But isn't that true with any "workout"?
AggieDruggist89
AG
The buddy who returned it had an existing shoulder injury. Not caused by MISIG.
oldflyer
AG
hot dog said:

My MISIG gets here today. I'm on Trackman weekly so I'll try and get an updated graph after each session. Here's a starting point pre-MISIG from yesterday:

Off topic, but.....your numbers look funny. I carry my 7 iron about the same distance that you do. But, I carry my driver over 290. My swing speed with the driver averages 117 mph. Wonder why that is?
Trucker 96
Like many things in life, I think the answer here is moderation. If you attack this thing with a lot of reps daily in hopes of morphing into Bryson, t&p for you. But spending a couple of minutes a day or a few times a week to work on your flexibility and gain a little strength cant hurt. IMO it's much better utilized to stretch vs trying to push yourself on the band resistance/strength building too much. If you're lifting weights, you aren't going to hit the same muscle group more than 2x per week. So if you are pushing yourself on the bands/resistance with this, you shouldn't treat it any differently
JFrench
AG
I'm right handed but had left shoulder surgery for class 5 separation about 15 years ago. Range of motion has been issue since but moreover daily nagging pains. I switch to the left to stretch. Haven't gone past orange band but range of motion improved significantly and I've had pain free days. Sometimes I'll only stretch my left when its tight and its helps greatly.

Rusty GCS
AG
I've never used the MISIG left handed. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I have a bad right shoulder so I stick to 2 sets of 10 with the red band.

I'm still working out some swing issues with the driver but I might never need it if I keep crushing my 3 wood like I am. I've gained 20 yards with it this year.
cjsag94
AG
I did place an order today. But as a true Texags golf board participant... I don't see how my 350 yard drive can get much better... Or my 160 yard sand wedge.. but worth a shot!
Rubble
AG
hot dog said:

My MISIG gets here today. I'm on Trackman weekly so I'll try and get an updated graph after each session. Here's a starting point pre-MISIG from yesterday:

How do you hit a 9i 150 and a driver only 250? That seems like a big disparity. Before MISIG I hit my 3w 240 ish and my driver about 270-280. I only hit my 9 about 140.

This is a reason I don't use any expensive devices to measure things. I just play golf.

MISIG helps me warm up at home, but I don't use it regularly. I've noticed about a 10 yard gain with my driver if I hit it dead center, but that's it. My irons are all still the same.
Rubble
AG
I agree. These numbers look weird and I'd hate that if it were me and real. That's why I trust my game, not a track man or some other radar device that spits out numbers.
hot dog
AG
Rubble
AG
That makes sense.
Trinity Ag
S
Rubble said:

hot dog said:

How do you hit a 9i 150 and a driver only 250? That seems like a big disparity. Before MISIG I hit my 3w 240 ish and my driver about 270-280. I only hit my 9 about 140.

This is a reason I don't use any expensive devices to measure things. I just play golf.

MISIG helps me warm up at home, but I don't use it regularly. I've noticed about a 10 yard gain with my driver if I hit it dead center, but that's it. My irons are all still the same.
I was going to guess GI irons with strong lofts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.