Buddy increased Driver Swing Speed over 10 mph

106,111 Views | 613 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jetpilot86
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
19AG84 said:

Fore Left! said:

I thought you were going to tell us you're now 59 from using these things
LOL. I wish. Getting out of bed even hurts. Even though my handicap index is now above a 5, I still enjoy playing this extremely frustrating game.

Well, if you'd ditch those speedsticks and switch to MISIG, you'd be 59. Might even feel 58
JFrench
AG
Coworker and I did the 2for deal. His skepticism was website too. I likened to the the old elephant driving the crappy car joke. No need to impress when the product works.
Mateo84
AG
Mine was delivered a few minutes ago ... okay how the heck do I use this thing?!
AggieDruggist89
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

if that is an updated website I shudder to think what the old one looked like...

so, with that - karma hit me bad.

I bought one, it's been sitting in the closet, but I got motivated yesterday to start stretching and generally trying to show some degree of physical fitness. Well, I didn't strap the thing to my arm, as I just wanted to see how it would work. I setup, take a decent turn away from the floor and slide my right hand up....the cord and strap come whipping around the left side of my face and bam - smack into my left eye. Corneal abrasion. Apparently a pretty good one too.

Holy chit

I'm sorry man. Don't know to laugh or cry. Both!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Mateo84 said:

Mine was delivered a few minutes ago ... okay how the heck do I use this thing?!

Don't do what capcity12thman did, anything else works.
AggieDruggist89
PJYoung
AG
Mateo84 said:

Duckhook
AG
Mateo84 said:

I liked to never figure out how to get the arm strap put together right.
dingleberry
A little update from my end:

Ive never purchased a golf training aid but this thing works. As stated in this thread, I am anywhere from a 0-5 handicap and I would average 290 off the tee. This thing has me hitting some bombs. Much more frequent 320 yard drives (2-3 per round). Havent noticed more than 5 yard increase in irons but my accuracy has greatly improved.

Use the MISIG 3-4 times per week and play 1-2 times per month and rarely practice due to my travel schedule. Im a believer.
irish pete ag06
AG
dingleberry said:

A little update from my end:

Ive never purchased a golf training aid but this thing works. As stated in this thread, I am anywhere from a 0-5 handicap and I would average 290 off the tee. This thing has me hitting some bombs. Much more frequent 320 yard drives (2-3 per round). Havent noticed more than 5 yard increase in irons but my accuracy has greatly improved.

Use the MISIG 3-4 times per week and play 1-2 times per month and rarely practice due to my travel schedule. Im a believer.
Nice rec. Due to username I will not take recs for toilet paper.
lazuras_dc
AG
Just got mine in and did about 5 reps each side and I can feel some tightness in my left rhomboid already. I'll report back in 2 weeks. Might take my drives from 220 yards to 250!
RAB 78
AG
By divine providence today, I played Traditions this morning with a gentleman I suspect is Trinity Ag. I was impressed with his distance all morning with irons and his driver. On 18, he drove it just over 300 yards, well past the two single digit guys in our group. He did over cook a few drivers, but the smoothness and length of his game was impressive. He let me in on his secret about this training aide and I ordered one as soon as I got home.
AggieDruggist89
AG
RAB 78 said:

By divine providence today, I played Traditions this morning with a gentleman I suspect is Trinity Ag. I was impressed with his distance all morning with irons and his driver. On 18, he drove it just over 300 yards, well past the two single digit guys in our group. He did over cook a few drivers, but the smoothness and length of his game was impressive. He let me in on his secret about this training aide and I ordered one as soon as I got home.

Was MISIG his secret training aide?
Trinity Ag
S
RAB 78 said:

I appreciate him not mentioning my actual score - which was gruesome.

As I have gained distance, I am still trying to dial in iron-striking.

Club selection with a 20 mile an hour wind was terrible, and caused me to miss a bunch of greens.

jj9000
AG
I've spent money on worse things...so...going to see what this is all about.

BTW...here's a referral link if any of you guys/gals order one after me:

https://misig.myshopify.com/?rfsn=5641096.4d0f89
AggieDruggist89
AG
After over a decade of laying off golf for kids and family stuff, friends and I restarted golf in May 2018. I also started lifting weights. But last 2 months of intermittent stretching with MISIG has given me more distance increase.

I was back in my home course in Virginia over the weekend where I played over 150 rounds past 2 years. cold and damp I was knocking my drives 20yards further than where I used to, easily.
giddings_ag_06
AG
"This ad brought to you by...."
CattlemanAg
Texags lured me in and I ordered one just now. Got to see for myself
lazuras_dc
AG
Ive used for a few days now- haven't noticed any distance changes but now I have a hook on my drive instead of a fade and I even tried to slice it and couldn't...maybe its just me. I'll probably be slicing it today on the range... need to figure this out quick b4 the member/guest tourney this weekend!
AggieDruggist89
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Ive used for a few days now- haven't noticed any distance changes but now I have a hook on my drive instead of a fade and I even tried to slice it and couldn't...maybe its just me. I'll probably be slicing it today on the range... need to figure this out quick b4 the member/guest tourney this weekend!

This is quite common....
Trucker 96
Increased flexibility = better coil = more likely to shift toward an inside/out path = more draw/hook
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Fore Left! said:

Increased flexibility = better coil = more likely to shift toward an inside/out path = more draw/hook

Username checks out
PJYoung
AG
Fore Left! said:

For us hacker/slicers it seems to help
lazuras_dc
AG
Now how do I straighten it back out?!
Trucker 96
In the words of Paul Azinger, "You can't be a good golfer until you learn how to hit a hook. Then you spend the rest of your life trying not to do it."
Bones97
AG
Order placed!

46 yrs old
2-4 hdcp
100'ish swing speed
Driver has never been a problem (275 yds on average) but more would be nice
Irons need work (150 - 7iron, 175 - 5 iron)

I consider myself a "feel player" but already see the need and advantage of flexibility and longer swing.

Will report back in a few months, 3 months post op for new acl so no swinging until July but doing this now will help get the arms, shoulders and core back into golf shape.
AggieDruggist89
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Now how do I straighten it back out?!

You have to buy another stretch thing Anti-MISIG stretcher.

Jk.

If pull hook, work on your swing path and also look at your left hand grip.
Duckhook
AG
Here's one thing I have found. I was used to taking the club back a certain length. I now can take it back further due to increased flexibility (I assume). I have to remind myself every now and then while playing to go ahead and reach back more, which might have been a challenge before but is now do-able. That's when I notice the distance increase. Kinda have to re-train my mind.
DargelSkout
AG
My orange band broke. The swivel slipped off of the band somehow. I sent them a message a few days ago through their website but haven't heard back yet. Anyone dealt with their customer service?
Rusty GCS
AG
Somebody mentioned it but my irons aren't longer. At least not yet. By my driver is.

But, I'm not making a full turn as I could with irons. On my driver I have to remember to make a full turn. 20 years of turning to the same spot I have to consciously turn the extra few degrees I now have in my range of motion.

I also moved to to the red band and it's no worse on my bad right shoulder.
Bernie_Fay
DargelSkout
6:16p, 4/23/21

My orange band broke. The swivel slipped off of the band somehow. I sent them a message a few days ago through their website but haven't heard back yet. Anyone dealt with their customer service?

We are on it Dargel please

email

maryann@feelthestretch.com

Bernie
Bernie Fay
MISIG, Inc
Trucker 96
Bernie
irish pete ag06
AG
Baseline established yesterday.

Started my first stretching series tonight.

4 sets of 10. Will report back after 2 weeks.
DargelSkout
AG
Bernie_Fay said:

DargelSkout
6:16p, 4/23/21

We are on it Dargel please

email

maryann@feelthestretch.com

Bernie

Thank you Bernie. Email sent.
bagger05
AG
I'm intrigued but worried - I already hit a draw I sometimes overcook.

Anybody have a report on what it does to you if your ball flight is already right to left?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.