Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

83,418 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Laca! 1 nil!
TXAggie2011
AG
LACAZETTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wangus12
AG
gougler08 said:

Not sure we will be able to hold like this for 90 min
While I agree, there is some grit to this Arteta team we haven't seen since the Invincible's side. I don't expect to win this, but I have at least some belief thanks to him
gougler08
AG
That was an epic **** up
OneBlitzer
AG
Liverpool has dominated possession yet Arsenal lead! Crazy!

Oops! Never mind.
TXAggie2011
AG
Well that didn't last long
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap! Unmarked!
OregonAggie
AG
Sorry guys wrong thread
jeffk
AG
Y'all tell your JV guys to take it easy on our JV guys Thursday, ok?
AggieRob93
AG
4 shots, 3 on goal. Pathetic.
wangus12
AG
Well that was pretty bad. Never even looked like we should be on the same field. Really need some massive changes in the midfield and I don't think one player fixes that.

Also pretty happy we let the scouting network go because it is really starting to look like the first big money buy we ever make is gonna be a bust. I really want Pepe to succeed and I I don't know if his confidence is shot since Willian came in, but he just looks terrible
joemeister
AG
I'm by no means an Arsenal fan or expert, but I thought that team was 100x better than any team y'all fielded against Liverpool in the last three seasons. Y'all have some serious team speed up front and actually have players that act like they wanted to be on the field. From the outside, it looks to me like Arteta is building something that could be special.
wangus12
AG
Lyon has apparently signed Lucas Paqueta from Milan and he is supposed to be the Aouar replacement. Good news for us even if I still think we need Partey more.

Hopefully we can figure out some way to get Partey for Torreira + cash, but it sounds like Atletico are gonna be hard to deal with.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Lyon has apparently signed Lucas Paqueta from Milan and he is supposed to be the Aouar replacement. Good news for us even if I still think we need Partey more.

Hopefully we can figure out some way to get Partey for Torreira + cash, but it sounds like Atletico are gonna be hard to deal with.
From what I've heard Atletico are saying that the only way Partey leaves is for the full release clause up front. I can't see us being able to swing that. And then they are trying to offer us a loan deal for Lucas with no obligation. At this point I think I would say that the only way they are getting Lucas is 30m euro up front or swap for Partey (I personally would also take Marcos Llorente). Which means that a deal likely doesn't get done.

Supposedly the next closest deal is Torino. The sticking point with them is obligation to buy and timing. They are willing to do an obligation but they would like to push it out meaning a 2 year loan with an obligation. I know we want the money now but a 2 yr with an obligation likely nets us more cash long term between loan fees and the final payment. Plus if he improves enough we could always break the loan agreement and sell him to someone else for more cash.

As far as a #6 type, I would look at...

Danilo Pereira - Big, physical and good passer. Can also play CB when his mobility begins to diminish
Marc Roca - Like the film I've seen. Looks like a more mobile Xhaka with better defensive positioning and tackling. Really don't get why no one has snatched him up yet.
Amadou Diawara - Most mobile of the group. Probably more of a defensive #8 but his tackling and positioning is strong enough that I think he could work really well as a mobile #6.
Marcelo Brozovic - Not sure if true but I've heard Inter is trying to sell him. Dude is a beast and would be an ideal mobile #6.
Thomas Delaney - Strong veteran #6 that is a very good passer. Injury last season along with additions by Dortmund have squeezed him out of the starting lineup. Could likely get him relatively cheap.
wangus12
AG
And just like that Juventus have apparently inquired about Aouar. Granted I don't think they have the cash to pull it off, but if he had to choose I think he goes Italy
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

And just like that Juventus have apparently inquired about Aouar.
Not sure it matters. They are also short on cash and have been trying to do swap deals with everyone they have looked at. I don't recall hearing about any cash sales they have made so I wouldn't be too worried about this inquiry.
chjoak
AG
Reports from Germany that we are close to a deal to send Kolasinac to Leverkusen for 10m euro.

Claims from Spain saying that Torreira came to an agreement with Atletico a week or two ago and all of his entourage believe he is moving to Madrid. However there is no agreement between Arsenal & Atletico. Arsenal want a swap deal for Partey or a permanent transfer. Atletico want a loan with an option. Torreira's agent is supposedly in Spain trying to "unblock" the negotiations. If true, that makes me think that he is there trying to get Atletico to bend.
wangus12
AG
Now seeing the Kola move up to 11m + add-ons. An unsung hero in our most desperate hour
jeffk
AG
Haha. Saw this come across my feed this morning.

Smokedraw01
jeffk said:

Haha. Saw this come across my feed this morning.

Marina does a lot of great work coloring old photos.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, she's outstanding. A great follow on Twitter. I hope to get some of her prints once I get an office worth decorating.
TXAggie2011
AG
That's awesome
wangus12
AG
The Athletic just said that Torreira is headed to Madrid. Wonder how that deal will shake out.
wangus12
AG
Looks like a possible 4-3-3. Kolasinac is starting which is odd with all the rumors about him going back to Germany. Granted both Ox and Monreal played days before they moved as well
wangus12
AG
Apparently PSG have entered the conversation for Aouar as well.
OneBlitzer
AG
Leno is top tier. Love watching him goaltend.
wangus12
AG
Linesman called that way to early
wangus12
AG
And that should be a penalty
wangus12
AG
Hell could've been multiple pens there
OneBlitzer
AG
Leno save! Willock converts! Arsenal win!
gougler08
AG
Arsenal 1.5 team > Liverpool 1.5 team apparently
jeffk
AG
Congrats on the win. Your B-team is obviously superior to ours in kicks from the mark.
wangus12
AG
That tall B-team defender that played the first hour. Looks like he has potential. How's about a loan for him
wangus12
AG
Are you ****ing kidding me lol. We got Manchester City in the next round. Who the **** did we piss off at the EFL for these 3 draws to start the competition
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

Congrats on the win. Your B-team is obviously superior to ours in kicks from the mark.
The guy with shorter hair now that played wing is pretty good I've heard

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.