Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

81,833 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's like a Portuguese Mike Leach.

If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
chjoak
AG
Seeing a claim that Balogun has agreed on a pre-contract to join Leipzig in the summer. Not seeing anything on an actual signature just a verbal agreement.
wangus12
AG
Fabrizio Romano said yesterday he wasn't close to going somewhere else yesterday on his show. I'll take his word at the moment over the guy dropping the RBL rumor. I know I'd like to keep Balogun over Nketiah, but I have a feeling its going to be the other way around.
chjoak
AG
Bottom line, we never should have waited this long to try and resign. Should have been an extension in front of him 2 summers ago and if he turned it down he should have been sold with a buy back clause.
wangus12
AG
I really like Hector. I've been waiting for this to drop. Its all on YouTube

wangus12
AG
Partey is in the squad today reportedly. Most likely on bench
PJYoung
AG
Ha Tierney not available. Muscle tightness. He's been so good.
PJYoung
AG
Luiz starting. Hold on to your butts.
PJYoung
AG

wangus12
AG
Ainsley struggling early. Needs to make it simple and grow into the match
OneBlitzer
AG
Leno is a stud.
wangus12
AG
Saka at LB and Pepe to RW. AMN had a rough day
chjoak
AG
Need a legit backup for Tierney. Don't like to see Saka wasted at the back.
wangus12
AG
But LB is our most creative position
wangus12
AG
Palace has been garbage over the last month and we haven't done anything worth spit. Terrible
OneBlitzer
AG
Poor result. Dropped points at home. Unacceptable. Defense played well but not much else was good.
wangus12
AG
****ing joke that if our LB doesn't play, we can't create one decent chance. These games are the ones you have to ****ing win
AggieRob93
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Poor result. Dropped points at home. Unacceptable. Defense played well but not much else was good.
Yep, offense continues to be problematic as it has been most of the season.

This performance looked disjointed, disinterested, and labored. I continue to hold my opinion Xhaka is a hack, and Pepe - the 72 million pound man - continues to do NOTHING, whether he starts or subs into the match.

Hopefully another win against Newcastle is in the cards for Monday.
wangus12
AG
Not to argue too much but, Xhaka was the best player on the field today. Granted, that doesn't say much, but he and actually the midfield in general wasn't the issue today
wangus12
AG
Also apparently Tierney is having an MRI tomorrow so it sounds like more than simple muscle tightness
AggieRob93
AG
wangus12 said:

Not to argue too much but, Xhaka was the best player on the field today. Granted, that doesn't say much, but he and actually the midfield in general wasn't the issue today
Disagree, but he certainly wasn't the worst. Does not change MY view of him, however.

Here's to hoping the Tierney tidbit you dropped is nothing of note.
wangus12
AG
Ozil officially gone. He was a ton of fun to watch in his prime
mrmill3218
AG
wangus12 said:

Ozil officially gone. He was a ton of fun to watch in his prime

As Jose once said: "The ball smiled when he touched it."

Really sad how things ended for him.
wangus12
AG
Can't believe Arteta left Ozil out of the starting 11 again. Terrible management. He should be fired on the spot

chjoak
AG
No AMN in the lineup or bench. Sick? Injury? Pushing for a move? Even with his rough outing against CP, he would be a better option at RB then Cedric.
OneBlitzer
AG
How'd the ball not find the back of the net?!?!
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
We seem to get nothing out of the middle of the field. Everything is from the extreme edges.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

We seem to get nothing out of the middle of the field. Everything is from the extreme edges.
I'd be ok with it if we had freaking Giroud in the middle. Dude would have like 30 goals in this team already
chjoak
AG
ESR & Partey showed some flashes down the middle but our confidence is definitely on the outside right now. The problem there is the PEA is not confident and is making mistakes and bad decisions when he has the ball.

Agree that having an OG type ST right now would be very helpful. Laca is good with holdup play but he just isn't that great in the air or getting himself on the end of low crosses.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
chjoak said:

ESR & Partey showed some flashes down the middle but our confidence is definitely on the outside right now. The problem there is the PEA is not confident and is making mistakes and bad decisions when he has the ball.

Agree that having an OG type ST right now would be very helpful. Laca is good with holdup play but he just isn't that great in the air or getting himself on the end of low crosses.

I've not seen Partey dictate what happens in the middle at all. He appeared to just be a stacked CB the first half.
wangus12
AG
Of course when we get a great shot on goal, their goalie makes a great save
wangus12
AG
THAT IS THE ****ING AUBA I WANT TO SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OneBlitzer
AG
Finally! Auba!
wangus12
AG
SAKA!
OneBlitzer
AG
ESR to Saka! Impressive youngsters!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.