Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

81,840 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

So...basically despite supposedly having big dreams, expect the status quo?
gougler08
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

wangus12 said:

So...basically despite supposedly having big dreams, expect the status quo?
To be fair, they've spent some big $$ in places, they just don't pan out
chjoak
AG
Few notes...

• Damn shame if they truly plan to not sell. Really hope something compels them.
  • A self sustained model for running the club can technically work as long as you (A) have a solid roster that allows you to compete and a relatively high level and compete in Europe (ideally CL) on a regular basis and (B) have a solid infrastructure for identifying, cheaply attaining and developing young talent. Currently the roster is garbage, Raul/Edu broke our scouting setup and Arteta is playing has-beens (Willian, Luiz) instead of future studs (Martinelli, Saliba).
  • Long term high investment isn't necessary. As noted above, if your club is setup to run properly, high (net) investment should never be necessary. However, since KSE has hired people that have F'd over the roster and club infrastructure, high investment will be needed to get things back headed in the correct direction.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Quote:

PH : you said you have betrayed our trust , but let me be very clear, we have never trusted you or KSE. How will you try to improve your relationship with fans?
****ing savage.
PJYoung
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Quote:

PH : you said you have betrayed our trust , but let me be very clear, we have never trusted you or KSE. How will you try to improve your relationship with fans?
****ing savage.

I just think about the bubble those 12 ownership groups were in to execute such an ill-conceived plan in such a horrible way to then hear the cold truth from a million different voices over a few days. They must still be in utter shock.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Honestly...I don't think they really understand it, nor do they care. They're in spin mode right now, saying what they think they need to say to "move on", and I expect absolutely nothing to change.
wangus12
AG
PJYoung said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Quote:

****ing savage.

I just think about the bubble those 12 ownership groups were in to execute such an ill-conceived plan in such a horrible way to then hear the cold truth from a million different voices over a few days. They must still be in utter shock.

The 1% is hated by the 99% every single day. They're totally used to this and will not lose a wink of sleep. You don't get that rich by trying get peons to like you
agdoc2001
AG
Kroenke's aren't losing a wink of sleep. They've merely pushed the plan back by a few years. This week was just putting the feelers out to gauge the fan reaction.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffk
AG
Wow. They just showed some video of the crowds protesting outside Emirates. Thousands are there.
gougler08
AG
Mathguy64
AG
It's going to be a rough road to the end of the season for all 6 of these clubs. In particular United, Arsenal and LFC and probably Spurs. There is a lot of anger at the American owners.
wangus12
AG
In important news, disappointed Martinelli doesn't get the start up top

wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

Wow. They just showed some video of the crowds protesting outside Emirates. Thousands are there.
Might as well let them into the stadium. How is this any worse than fans in the stands lol
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Odegaard not fit I assume?
wangus12
AG
He had a fitness test yesterday on the ankle. Guess they didn't want to give him a full 90. At least he made the bench though
jeffk
AG
wangus12 said:

jeffk said:

Might as well let them into the stadium. How is this any worse than fans in the stands lol

I'm not a lawyer, so I say it's exactly the same.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Right there with you but not surprised given that he has never played ST under Arteta. Little surprised not to see Balogun on the bench with both Laca & PEA out.

Also, what's the over-under that we see Willian today?
OneBlitzer
AG
Promising start. Goal imminent?
wangus12
AG
Could have had a few. Seems when we do get our shots we love to aim for the guy with the gloves.
wangus12
AG
That would be a very light penalty
OneBlitzer
AG
I hate VAR!
gougler08
AG
VAR
wangus12
AG
Lol ****ed by fractions again. ****ing VAR
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

It literally just depends on where the VAR decides to mark it each time, different officials mark it in different places
Ag Since 83
AG
I have never seen a sport so willingly destroy itself. The NFL laughs at VAR
wangus12
AG
gougler08 said:

wangus12 said:

It literally just depends on where the VAR decides to mark it each time, different officials mark it in different places
Whats funny is last week, they said the hand can't be offside because you can't score with it. This week, the arm is offside.

Good description here: VAR giving a penalty for a blatant dive then disallowing it because someone was offside by a millimeter is the most VAR thing I've ever seen
wangus12
AG
Eddie has to be on the end of that roller by Pepe
OneBlitzer
AG
It's OK to put one in the back of the net Arsenal. Sure it will be overturned by VAR but let's see.
wangus12
AG
Pepe was good. Eddie was absent.

Nice to see Odegaard back.
wangus12
AG
Need to get one with this pressure
OneBlitzer
AG
Leno! Noooo!
wangus12
AG
Embarassing by Leno

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.