Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

81,853 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silly by pepe, but that should never be a red. I know that is the way the rule is being interpreted and it is just as bad as the hand ball crap.
AggieRob93
AG
Smh.

Shame on me for expecting any significant steps forward this season. I guess I forget this is Arsenal I choose to follow and pull for.

Would be nice to earn a draw today given the red card. Will take every bit of earnest work - and luck - to not give up all three points, even against Leeds.
wangus12
AG
I'd agree but he made the head motion and every ****ing player knows there are 100 cameras watching everything. You can't be that stupid
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
wangus12 said:

Arteta is gonna start losing this team. They have zero confidence in what they are trying to do

At this point, I'd side with management and give the players their walking papers.
AustinScubaAg
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd agree but he made the head motion and every ****ing player knows there are 100 cameras watching everything. You can't be that stupid
Unfortunately that motion will happen when looking down on a shorter opponent. Still you can't do it.
OneBlitzer
AG
1 point! I'll take it. Thankfully, Leeds couldn't finish. Arsenal showed fight and heart post red card.
Ag Since 83
AG
Good news guys, Europa League next, we might actually score
TXAggie2011
AG
Dumb dumb dumb from Pepe. Leeds seemed to make it a point to poke at Arsenal and it eventually got Pepe.

I thought the attacking players showed some fight after the red card; and actually created some opportunities in the attacking end.

Leeds hit about 25 more posts than I'm comfortable with, however. That was painful to watch.
gougler08
AG
Saka needs to be starting every match he's fit for
TXAggie2011
AG
Unless things really change, Arsenal has to start seriously thinking about putting Ozil in the squad when the transfer window open up and give it a shot.

It's insanity to keep failing with the same approach.
mrmill3218
AG
Three things:

Saka and Martinelli need to start every match.

Willian needs to never play.

Ozil needs to be given a chance. No one can create half as well as ozil can.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
OneBlitzer
AG
Happy Thanksgiving Gooners!
chjoak
AG
Looks a hell of a lot like a 4-4-2
wangus12
AG
Attack has no confidence
OneBlitzer
AG
PEPE!!! Nice finish!
OneBlitzer
AG
Reiss Nelson! 2 nil! Willock with a nice assist.
OneBlitzer
AG
Balogun wasted no time getting a goal. 3 nil!
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points. Clean sheet. Happy Thanksgiving.
OneBlitzer
AG
Wicked collision between Luiz and unknown Wolves player.

edit-Jiminez more seriously injured.
Mathguy64
AG
I just rewound and watched it. The sound was sickening. Straight clash of heads and Jimenez was out before he hit the ground.
OneBlitzer
AG
Gabriel!!! Nice answer from Arsenal after going down 1 nil.
OneBlitzer
AG
Leno's goalie kit matches Luiz's bloody bandaged forehead.
OneBlitzer
AG
Wolverhampton outclassing mid table Arsenal.
AggieRob93
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Wolverhampton outclassing mid table Arsenal.

Based on current standings, Arsenal are not even mid-table, much to my chagrin.
wangus12
AG
So do we just chalk this season up to the rebuilding process and hope we can get some more players in or do you start thinking about letting him go
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

So do we just chalk this season up to the rebuilding process and hope we can get some more players in or do you start thinking about letting him go
Scary thing is, the league looks like it has started to figure out the blueprint to beat Pep.......and we have the poor man's Pep.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Honestly i think we may have to think about a new manager. Was incredibly hopeful that we had found our guy but he is showing a good bit of stubbornness to scheme. Also while he helped fix the D without major spending, now the O is broken and we dont seem to be doing anything to fix it.
AggieRob93
AG
I'm thinking it is time to look toward a new manager. Arteta, even though young and perhaps a good manager some years down the road, is not the right fit at this time. I don't like saying that, but he is entirely unable to bring the club to positive results.

Sitting at 14th after 10 games to start the EPL, with an apparent lack of desire by the team on the pitch, speaks to how this season will likely play out. I don't doubt Arsenal stay up this season, but they have no chance for a top-10 finish, much less a chance in the Europa league. They have been and will continue to be exposed for the terrible midfield play which has been an issue for the past 4-5 years, and continues to plague thus club.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Our two most effective midfielders didn't play today, right?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
AggieRob93
AG
If by Partey you mean both, then yes. El Neny has had what some consider a renaissance, but I still don't see him as an EPL regular.

While there are absolutely issues with players who are supposed to finish in the final third, service to that area of the pitch has been an issue for years. I like Partey, and can see him having a very bright future, but it is still early yet to anoint him the difference maker, though I certainly hope he is.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
AggieRob93 said:

If by Partey you mean both, then yes. El Neny has had what some consider a renaissance, but I still don't see him as an EPL regular.

While there are absolutely issues with players who are supposed to finish in the final third, service to that area of the pitch has been an issue for years. I like Partey, and can see him having a very bright future, but it is still early yet to anoint him the difference maker, though I certainly hope he is.
To me, this comes down to poor recruitment and signings. We overspent tremendously for Pepe, couldn't replace or dump Lacazette, and can't play Ozil. So we've got a significant amount of money tied up in "dead" talent and the inner workings of the organization appear to be anything but organized. To me, this goes way beyond Arteta who should get a long leash.

To me, there doesn't seem to be any sort of direction or goal within the club. To me, we're reacting to what everyone else is doing instead of having our own path.

I'm no expert and I could clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Furlock Bones
AG
2 things from yesterday. Raul Jimenez had to have surgery to repair a fracture in his skull. He's reportedly doing well.

How the **** did they allow David Luiz to go back in that game and play the rest of the half? He had blood coming through his bandage. just an absurd decision given what the medical community knows about concussions these days.
wangus12
AG
Pablo Mari starting tonight.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice to see fans back at the Emirates. Now we have goal scoring Laca back. 1 nil.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.