Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

81,852 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Willian with 2 assists and involved in all 3 goals
gougler08
AG
Willian has looked great
wangus12
AG
Top of the league
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points. Clean sheet. Away win. Happy day!
Smokedraw01
It's nice when we take care of a team we should take care of.
TXAggie2011
AG
Solid performance. Really great great to see the new guys immediately make positive impacts.

I thought our defense mixed in some mistakes and confusion, but nothing some more game time together can't fix.
TXAggie2011
AG
It looks like Leeds really does intend to try to stay up this season by winning games 5-4. Wow. What a wild start to this one.
wangus12
AG
Martinez is apparently having his medical at Villa today. Deal gonna be around 21m.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Martinez is apparently having his medical at Villa today.
Just coming to post this. I'm seeing reported fees of 19.5 and 20m.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

The ball from Willian very similar to the one from Saka in the Community Shield

Yep. Aubameyang really likes that spot. He's so comfortable swinging it up and into the far corner.
gougler08
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

It looks like Leeds really does intend to try to stay up this season by winning games 5-4. Wow. What a wild start to this one.

3-3 now
TXAggie2011
AG
Leeds is going to cause some trouble if they play like that every week.

Liverpool still doesn't look fully right, even in the win.
wangus12
AG
If they wouldn't give away stupid penalties they'd have won
TXAggie2011
AG
The Leeds' handball was painful to watch. So stupid.

Arsenal women are on NBC Sports.

I guess they're going to show women's super league games to fill the gaps now that they're pushing EPL games on to Peacock.
gougler08
AG
I'm no expert, but this has all the makings of killing ratings for NBC
chjoak
AG
wangus12
AG
But also sometimes right
chjoak
AG
Watched the Fulham game yesterday afternoon and I find the shifting formation quite interesting. Defensively we look like a 5-2-3 most of the time but offensively we look kind of like a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 with AMN a very wide LCM or a LW. What fascinates me though is the amount movement and positional interchange going on on the left between Tierney, AMN & Xhaka. At times its hard to tell what position any of the 3 are really playing.
TXAggie2011
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm no expert, but this has all the makings of killing ratings for NBC

Fortunately Arsenal has no idea what they're doing in front of the WHU goal so what should be a 5-1 first half blow out is still a competitive 2-1 affair.

Arsenal keeping it spicy for the ratings.
TXAggie2011
AG
Well now it's 4-1. Finally finishing the layups.
wangus12
AG
That game was yesterday. The final is pretty nuts
TXAggie2011
AG
I thought it was yesterday but then wasn't sure as I somehow avoided the typical widespread coverage of these matches
wangus12
AG
Downside of having Arteta. He has made it clear that all positions are up for grabs (save Auba probably) and the players all seem to want to play for him, including the dead weight that we need to move on. Apparently West Ham are interested in Kolasinac, but he wants to stay and fight for his position.
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Downside of having Arteta. He has made it clear that all positions are up for grabs (save Auba probably) and the players all seem to want to play for him, including the dead weight that we need to move on. Apparently West Ham are interested in Kolasinac, but he wants to stay and fight for his position.
I've heard that he wants to go back to Germany. This may be a case of preferring to stay at Arsenal unless he gets the opportunity to go back home.
chjoak
AG
The following video is posted to the Arsenal GK coach's personal youtube account. If I recall correctly he coached this guy in Denmark. Player is currently at Dijon in France and we are linked to a 2-3m GBP move for him.

wangus12
AG
Seems a good option and if Inaka likes him its good enough for me. Plus I'd love having an Icelandic player on the team.
TXAggie2011
AG
Solid video there. Good in the air. In that video, at least, he comes across as an aggressive keeper. Helps him attack those crosses and cutting off the angles. He'd have to be careful about wandering out too far in the Premier League, lest they'll pass around him on a dime and put it in an open net. Him crawling around chasing that one ball would have given me a heart attack.

For 2-3 million, what the hell. Bring him over.
gougler08
AG
Keeper has never seemed to be a big issue for us...I'll trust whoever they bring in for the backup
Idk3
AG
https://arseblog.com/2020/09/tactics-column-strength-in-numbers-for-flexible-gunners/

This is pretty good look into the formation and tactics that Arteta has been using.

I don't see how we could let AMN go at this point unless someone wants to really pony up.

TXAggie2011
AG
That's a good article. And makes me eager for the next match, and a chance to see it in action again.
wangus12
AG
Just announce this baby already

wangus12
AG
Also sounds like we are getting Runarsson as the backup
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Also sounds like we are getting Runarsson as the backup
Yeah I saw late last night or early this morning that all that is left is a medical and a signature.
wangus12
AG
Auba signs! Live announcement on Arsenal website.
wangus12
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.