Arsenal 2020-2021 Thread

81,858 Views | 2052 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Strangely Attractive
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Oh damn why Auba

What a pass by Partey.
chjoak
AG
Wanna see one of the following for the home leg...

4-2-3-1
--------------------- Laca --------------------------
Pepe ---------- ESP/MO ---------------- Saka
-----------Xhaka ------------ Partey -------------
KT/Cedric -- Gabi -- Holding -- Bell/Cedric

4-3-3
--------------------- Laca --------------------------
Pepe ---------------------------------------- Saka
------------ ESP -------------- MO ---------------
-------------------- Partey -------------------------
KT/Cedric -- Gabi -- Holding -- Bell/Cedric

In either scenario, I want Martinelli to be the first winger off the bench.
For the 4-2-3-1 if ESR/MO are struggling, I'd like to see a switch to a 4-2-2-2 with ESR/MO swapped for PEA or Martinelli (Pepe to ST, Martinelli to LW)
AggieRob93
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Ugly match.
Happy to get an away goal.
Optimistic we will better next match in the return leg.
Yes.
Agree.
Form at the Emirates does not instill optimism.
PJYoung
AG
Amazing to be down 2-0 plus a man and escape with an away goal 2-1.

Might be a year of destiny yet.
Jason_Ag98
AG
OneBlitzer
AG
Optimism is more related to avoiding a knockout punch in the away leg while playing our worst Europa League match. I expect next week to see Arsenal play much better offensively with the return of Auba and hopefully Laca.
ptothemo
AG
I didn't think about the MF for ST piece of this, but I did have the thought earlier that Emery still thinks that it's mandatory to sub at halftime.

If his halftime team talk isn't "eleven of you came in here, only nine or ten of you will go out" in a super dramatic voice, then it's a missed opportunity every time.
PJYoung
AG
wangus12
AG
Egyptian Pirlo!
RockW1997
AG
Well as typical I am getting screwed either by suddenlink or NBC sports. I can't watch the game here in BCS
wangus12
AG
They've put our game into a mini-box and covering the Man United fans rather than our game
RockW1997
AG
Anybody have a login I can use please pm. Suddenlink is screwed up again
wangus12
AG
**** Luiz going off injured. He's been good today and I would have started him Thursday
Teacher_Ag
AG
Dude how long are they going to have us on split screen to show some idiots on a personal tour of Old Trafford.
Teacher_Ag
AG
**** these commentators reacting like this is the Iranian Embassy siege. Who gaf. Get back to our match.
Teacher_Ag
AG
"This is disgraceful" "this isn't the way to protest" and meanwhile they give them exactly what they want and cover them instead of a live ongoing match (even though they aren't doing anything remotely interesting).
wangus12
AG
Beautiful cross by Gabi to Auba
wangus12
AG
Guess I took a goal for them to change it back
Teacher_Ag
AG
Yeah, our prettiest goal in ages shown on splitscreen while some woman talks about fans walking down stairs.
wangus12
AG
Martinelli up top for the last 15
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Martinelli up top for the last 15

Atleast Arteta starting to recognize that could be the best spot for him. Assuming Balogun comes good, i would love to see us try a 4-2-2-2 with ESR & Saka in the Wing/AM spots and Balogun & Martinelli up top.
wangus12
AG
David Luiz injury isn't good apparently. We could really use his ability to pass out of the back. It's something none of our other CBs are very good at
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
wangus12 said:

David Luiz injury isn't good apparently. We could really use his ability to pass out of the back. It's something none of our other CBs are very good at

Is it just me or has DL been fairly solid for us this year. I know his past boneheaded mistakes but this year he's been fairly steady Eddie.
PJYoung
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
PJYoung said:

Does he have the money to pull this off and sink money into the club or will this be similar to what the Glazers did to ManU.
chjoak
AG
TalkSports interview with Henry RE: Ek

Quote:

Asked whether he was involved in the consortium to purchase Arsenal, Henry told Sky Sports: "It is true. Daniel is an Arsenal fan.

"He did not say it for any publicity, he has been an Arsenal fan for a very long time.

"He approached us, we listened to him. And we knew, first and foremost, that he wanted to involve the fans."

Henry revealed Ek has already 'reached out' to the Kroenke family, who have publicly stated they have no interest in selling Arsenal.

The Frenchman added: "He wants to re-inject the Arsenal DNA, the identity that I think is long gone.

"They don't have a lot of Arsenal people among the board, who can show the right direction, and that's what Daniel wants to do.

"He already reached out and said himself that he has collected the funds to put in a good bid.

"A lot of people have been screaming that they want the owner out.

"We are trying to offer a solution, involving the fans and the DNA back at the club."

He added: "The takeover is going to be long and not easy.

"And Daniel will not move away, he will be there waiting to see if they want to sell. That's going to take a very long time.

"We know what we want to do but, first and foremost, we need to make sure that we take over, if they are listening."

chjoak
AG
Seeing reports out of Italy that Arsenal have begun talks with Maurizio Sarri about possibly replacing Arteta next season.
wangus12
AG
Welp, here goes nothing

ptothemo
AG
Saka has apparently been injured in the warm-up and won't be playing. Tierney in his place.
gougler08
AG
ptothemo said:

Saka has apparently been injured in the warm-up and won't be playing. Tierney in his place.
Xhaka right? Not Saka?
ptothemo
AG
Yes, you're correct. They just corrected it on the pregame show, which was the source of my info.

Not sure about fitness but Tierney in for Xhaka feels like an upgrade.
AustinScubaAg
AG
anyone have a game stream?
PJYoung
AG
AustinScubaAg said:

anyone have a game stream?

http://allsportsmedia.live/novo/footy/may-ecl-gunners/
wangus12
AG
Without Xhaka or Luiz, we have nobody that can switch the field now though
wangus12
AG
Ooof Auba nearly curled that in

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.