Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

93,172 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The match today with Citeh in Beijing was cancelled. Apparently the playing surface was crap and both managers refused to play on it.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Higuain to Juve official. For 75 million. Does this pave the way for Pogba now?
Skitch05
AG
Juve can afford Higuain without selling Pogba, so I doubt that really means anything .

Apparently Juve aren't budging on their 120M Euro asking price, and want United to pay Raiolas agent fee which would bring it up to 145M Euro. I would love to have Pogba back, but no thanks on that.

I wonder how Pogba feels about asking to leave and then Juve being this stubborn on the price. If this is all true, I kind of hope it backfires and they get nothing plus a disgruntled Pogba.
Griffle
Reports are surfacing saying Real Madrid have made contact with Juve over Pogba.
datrixstunna
AG
Looks like Pogba to United is essentially done.
AG
Those Real reports must have been the stick to get United to raise their offer. Probably leaked by Pogba's agent. Glad its almost done, but ******* thats a lot of money.
Mathguy64
AG
ESPNFC is reporting its basically finalized and medicals could be as early as tomorrow. 120 million euro. That includes playing the agents fee.
Dre_00
Transfer business (at least players in) could be complete before August. Swoon.
byfLuger41
AG
United gone be gewd.
AG
Rumors today that Fellaini will transfer to Sunderland for 13m, And that United are also after Dimitri Payet from West Ham, of course the latter is likely just rumor.
bagger05
AG
I like Fellani but I never thought that he was used well. If ManU isn't going to use him then I'm glad he'll get a shot elsewhere.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm torn on SuperAfro. He's a nice piece to play forward on set pieces but he's a walking talking yellow card for persistent infringement.
Aggie_3
I think Piyet would actually be a good fit with United!
Griffle
Payet is 29 and early numbers are 50 million pounds. No thank you.
J-Turn
Payet had a better Euro Tourney than Pogba, obviously a lot older! Still wouldn't take him tho. With the large sale price of Pogba - 50m suits him...Since an average player goes for 40m+ now.
J-Turn
Zlatan scores 4 mins in...of course with an overhead kick, in style! Bring on the goals
datrixstunna
AG
United playing 1 touch football! 4 goals in the 2nd half.
Dre_00
Schweinsteiger forced to train with the reserves and looks like he's on his way out soon. A little surprised as you're not going to get much for him after the season he had and it seems like he's the type of player that Jose would like (if he's healthy which is a HUGE if). Seems odd to cast him aside after 1 season but whatever. He's obviously a lot more expendable if Pogba does indeed sign.
J-Turn
Can't believe Jose would do this to Schweini! He's been a favorite of mine for awhile...his age may be catching him tho. Still an excellent player on the ball. Always makes the right decision, when healthy!
Skitch05
AG
Paul Pogba has been granted permission to have a medical in order to finalise his transfer from Juventus to Manchester United.

This is an official United club statement. It is actually happening.
byfLuger41
AG
Yalls starting 11 is scaring me and its early August.
FW Declerk
Why is Fellani looking to pass it back to the goalie there terrible..

He needs to go
Griffle
Leave it to Fellaini to send a terrible pass back in a game where he's been great. Geez, how terrible.
Mathguy64
AG
SuperAfro is the SuperSuck
Griffle
Great, Rojo is warming up. That means more Leicster goals to come.
byfLuger41
AG
Must be that new Afro color.
gougler08
AG
That blonde fro is just terrible
Mathguy64
AG
i just cannot imagine Fellaini seeing playing time for Mou. He's just not gong to tolerate crap like that. It's not like there aren't other midfield options on this squad.
Dre_00
Bailly has looked good in his first somewhat competitive game. Made a mistake on the yellow he just got but he's cleaned up a lot of messes. And it's really good to see Shaw back. If he picks up where he left off, our defense and attack will benefit greatly.
Mathguy64
AG
One difference I can already see is the height on set pieces. Last year this team was height challenged to say the least.
byfLuger41
AG
Just like that.
J-Turn
IBRA!!!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Lol walking around by the goal all game worked out for Zlatan
Mathguy64
AG
I am Zlatan!
Griffle
Manchester, welcome to Zlatan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.