Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,542 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jose in his presser: "The Premiere League is just matches we don't want to play." Kind of says it all.
Dre_00
Been gone for a couple weeks so forgive me if this has been said but...

I don't really have a problem with Jose's handling of the late season but it puts a HUGE amount of pressure to beat Ajax in Sweden. Because for all the politicking, the fact of the matter is that United haven't looked great in getting to the Europa League, have been inconsistent at best and under performing at worst in the league, and will likely finish 6th. Ajax have looked much better in the QFs and SFs than United and if they beat us, there will be a huge amount of pressure on Jose during the offseason. And even a win won't undo the lackadaisical way that United has finished the season.

He's put a lot of eggs in a very small basket...let's hope he doesn't drop it.
Thunder18
AG
NRG confirmed to host the Manchester Derby on July 20
Texaggie7nine
You can buy tickets now through the dynamo if you buy a 4 game dynamo package with it.
7nine
J-Turn
James Rodriguez agrees transfer to Manchester United...apparently after Champions League final it will be announced. Gossip this morning, nothing more.
Dre_00
Lots of rumors about Bale as well. Dude is hurt...a lot. Not sure he's worth what will surely be a very high transfer fee.
Skitch05
AG
Not sure how I feel about those. They are both great players. With Bale's injuries I am not sure he would be worth the ridiculous fee United would have to pay. James works best as a free roaming 10 behind the striker. Pogba works best in a midfield 3, so one of them would not be in an optimal position. Also, all of this talk about Madrid players leads me to believe that DDG is on his way out and United are trying to get something other than cash in return.

I obviously wouldn't be upset about either coming to United, they are both great players, but I feel like the money could be better spent elsewhere. That said, all four of Mourinho's signings last summer have mostly worked out, so hopefully this summer will too.
Dre_00
I just realized something...

I have to go to Amsterdam next week for work. I will be in Amsterdam the evening of the EL Final. I might not make it back alive.

When you think of me...think fondly.
PatAg
AG
Dre_00 said:

I just realized something...

I have to go to Amsterdam next week for work. I will be in Amsterdam the evening of the EL Final. I might not make it back alive.

When you think of me...think fondly.
What a way to go out, though.
aggie7911
The former envigado man !
Texaggie7nine
If you sign up as a Dynamo insider here https://www.houstondynamo.com/insidersignup they will be sending out a presale code tomorrow at 2pm for the Machester Derby at NRG
7nine
planoaggie123
AG
Interesting. Romero in goal for the game. DDG not even on the bench. Assume that has to mean he is on his way out?
Mathguy64
AG
I suspect it means hes getting Romero work in what is now a meaningless game.
Mathguy64
AG
Very cool mow job with circles centered on each PK spot.
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly with a horrible handling under no pressure at all. Then a horrible decision by Mike Dean to give SOU a PK when it was obvious that he was totally outside the area. Fortunately the ball dont lie as Romero stuffed the attempt.
datrixstunna
AG
I know this game doesn't mean anything but Zzzzzzzzzzz!
Dre_00
He's gone. Let's hope we get a lot for him.
Thunder18
AG
Snore.
planoaggie123
AG
I nearly fell asleep....
Mathguy64
AG
15 draws. Ties league record. I expect them to set it Sunday. It's still a one game season one week from today.
datrixstunna
AG
That was painful to watch. Why did I even bother?
Mathguy64
AG
Jose just said the next time he expects DDG to play is against La Galaxy over the summer. Joel against CP and Romero against Ajax.
datrixstunna
AG
As a Madrid player?
aggie7911
Jose and the theater of draws.
Thunder18
AG
Pre-sale prices are insane, will wait until they open to general public holy crap
Dre_00
I believe the Dynamo are offering 100 level seats to the game in a package along with 2-3 Dynamo game tickets for $336 a piece. Not a great deal if you don't care about the Dynamo but if you do, then you effectively get free tickets to them.
gougler08
AG
Dre_00 said:

I believe the Dynamo are offering 100 level seats to the game in a package along with 2-3 Dynamo game tickets for $336 a piece. Not a great deal if you don't care about the Dynamo but if you do, then you effectively get free tickets to them.

The pre sale price is $300+ for lower level tickets, for a preseason match where some stars won't play / play for a half? Holy **** that's insanity
aggie7911
Got two tickets at $130 each 300 level
Dre_00
Is this your first time looking at ticket prices for these pre-season friendly cash grabs? In fairness, they are good seats (I just saw midfield 4 seats up for $330) but yeah...hard pass.
gougler08
AG
Dre_00 said:

Is this your first time looking at ticket prices for these pre-season friendly cash grabs? In fairness, they are good seats (I just saw midfield 4 seats up for $330) but yeah...hard pass.

Haha yep, since Arsenal never play over here I've never looked that hard. I was expecting $100 or so (still too much) but over $300 is nuts
Mathguy64
AG
I was looking to take a vacation to northern CA in July and do the one against RM in San Jose. $300 would not get a seat in the lower bowl. If you up the $$, you might get one in the end zone of the upper nosebleed.

I decided my vacation didnt need an extra $1000 hit to watch a scrimmage in San Jose.
Thunder18
AG
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/3A005286D8C7CD6F?camefrom=CFC_INTLCC_Email_051817&fg=default_sectionmap&ab=m_efeat4315v1mobile

Use code: ICC17

We got upper level tix at midfield for $80/each
Skitch05
AG
The United supporters sections sold out crazy fast, but there are hundreds of tickets in those sections for sale on Stubhub now for 3x face value. I hate scalpers.....

There are still tickets in the City supporters section though, just saying...
Mathguy64
AG
Quote:

That's almost as inventive as TCU15.
Skitch05
AG
mathguy86 said:

Quote:

That's almost as inventive as TCU15.

I got an email from United with the code MUFC17. They have some super creative people working on them apparently.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.