Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,545 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if TSO will get a new watch? Does he count the Community Shield?
ja86
AG
Dammit, my cable freaked out and I missed the goal
Dre_00
Classic Zlatan. Does nothing all game. Pops up in the 85th and potentially scores the game winner.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
At least he wore a suit for it. Last year he was in sweats.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
At least he wore a suit for it. Last year he was in sweats.

I'm pretty sure I read last year that it's a requirement to wear a suit by the United manager
Mathguy64
AG
WTF? Mata comes in and then comes off?
J-Turn
No love for Mata...has never been a favorite of JM... He'll be gone soon. Actually like him
Mathguy64
AG
I get that Mou seems to not be a Mata fan but you don't embarrass a player like that. If you want to move him, move him. Don't play him. But if that was something besides a freak ill timed injury it was not the way to handle it.
J-Turn
Totally agree!
Skitch05
AG
I didn't get to watch the whole match, but from the little I saw Bailly was impressive. Looking forward to seeing him back there with Smalling.
Aggie_3
quote:
I get that Mou seems to not be a Mata fan but you don't embarrass a player like that. If you want to move him, move him. Don't play him. But if that was something besides a freak ill timed injury it was not the way to handle it.

From what I saw he was removed due to injury
datrixstunna
AG
#POGBACK
Pignorant
AG
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2016/8/8/12405402/paul-pogba-transfer-manchester-united-adidas-video-stormzy
Dre_00
100% official

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/manchester-united-sign-paul-pogba.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Pop champagne.
Mathguy64
AG
Now all that's left is to figure out who's leaving. Schweinsteiger seems for sure.
Mathguy64
AG
I just cannot believe the difference in how this transfer window went versus the last couple. It's amazing what making early forceful moves will do for your outlook. That and spending boatloads of cash. Of course the new TV deal makes that possible but still. It's night and day different.
Dre_00
Gotta wonder if Woodward was politely told to concentrate on other things besides transfer negotiations because it is a night and day difference.

The team is strong...now let's see what Jose can do. If they falter, he can't blame a lack of support from the owners. He said he wanted 4 players (a striker, center mid, winger, and center back) and he's gotten exactly that...even the exact players he wanted.
Mathguy64
AG
I have to guess Young is gone too.
datrixstunna
AG
Young isn't going anywhere. He is a good utility player to cover.
byfLuger41
AG
I created a fantasy league for this year. It's creatively titled "TexAgs Classic League" and the league code to join is 1634813-400128.

The other league is a head-to-head titled "TexAgs Head-to-Head League" and the code to join is 1634813-400242.

If you haven't done this before, the website is [url=http://fantasy.premierleague.com/][/url][url=http://fantasy.premierleague.com/][/url]http://fantasy.premierleague.com. Go there, click "Leagues," "Join a League (private)," and enter the code.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
Young isn't going anywhere. He is a good utility player to cover.
Just as I said that, there is noise about Young to Crystal Palace. Would hate to see him go.
Mathguy64
AG
Mourinho has stated that he is playing guys right now that he wants to keep. I don't think Young has played at all. Fellaini and Mata have both been playing. I think we all figured Mata was a goner for sure given his hi story. I would have figured they would both be sold off but who knows. Januzaj hasn't played either I don't think.
datrixstunna
AG
I thought Young played in one of the preseason matches. Januzaj will leave.
Mathguy64
AG
McNair and Love have been sold to Sunderland for 5.5M pounds. Wilson is on loan to Fulham.

Edit. May be as much as 7M.
Dre_00
Wasn't long ago McNair was being touted as the right back for the next decade by LvG. I think he'll turn into a pretty damn good player to be honest but he clearly wasn't going to get playing time at United.
ja86
AG
quote:
Wasn't long ago McNair was being touted as the right back for the next decade by LvG. I think he'll turn into a pretty damn good player to be honest but he clearly wasn't going to get playing time at United.

Agreed, surprised they didn't get more for him.
Mathguy64
AG
Meh. We will just buy him back in 5 years for $110M.
ja86
AG
quote:
Meh. We will just buy him back in 5 years for $110M.

I ..... don't think so........
Mathguy64
AG
What. Da. Fuq? I get Pogba wouldn't have played tomorrow because he's not in game shape, but they just announced he's suspended from cards he accumulated in Coppa Italia and somehow the FA transferred them over. In what bizarro world does a card received in an Italian league cup transfer over to the FA?
jeffk
AG
What's the exchange rate on Italian to English cards?
Mathguy64
AG
Mata gets the first of the season!
Mathguy64
AG
Rooney! He's had three chances and finally scores on the most accidental of them all.
Mathguy64
AG
Zlatan from 25 yds out. Well now.
datrixstunna
AG
Slow start but..We Gon' Be Good!
Skitch05
AG
Great start to the season. And we get to add the world's most expensive signing and one of the top defenders in the PL over the next couple weeks.

Bailly looked great....again. Zlatan was Zlatan. I actually thought Fellaini looked good too, but I'm guessing he will be making way for Pogba soon. It was great to see Mata start and get the first goal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.