Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,550 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zlatan may see some time off for that elbow, that was pretty bad
ja86
AG
Ugh, sounds like a good match to miss.
datrixstunna
AG
What a waste of a chance. Ibra should have been sent off as well as Mings. Pogba was his usual wasteful and unimpactful.
Dre_00
Strongly considered waking up at 4:30 to watch. Glad I didn't. I think it's fated for us to finish 6th.

If Ibra gets suspended (and it sounds like he should), I'm assuming it would be for 3 games meaning he'd miss Chelsea in the FA Cup and leagues @Boro and home to West Brom. We weren't winning the Chelsea game anyway so all in all, it could be worse.
Mathguy64
AG
The only way a suspension happens is if the ref says he didn't see it. Then the FA can step in and charge him. If the ref said he saw it they never ever over rule the on field decision.
aggie7911
Go get Andrea belloti now !
Mathguy64
AG
As expected, the FA charged Zlatan with violent conduct. Kevin Friend said he didnt see Mings stomp on Zlatan, which resulted in Zlatan taking matters into his own hands (or elbow) to achieve his own measure of justice. And all that started when Mings fouled Rooney badly at the top of the area and instead of awarding a free kick, Friend played some bad, mismanaged form of advantage. Arguably it started with a dustup earlier between the two off the ball when he played advantage on a Pogba run. So two players get 3 match suspension because the ref was lost on the pitch.
Aggie_3
gougler08
AG
mathguy86 said:

As expected, the FA charged Zlatan with violent conduct. Kevin Friend said he didnt see Mings stomp on Zlatan, which resulted in Zlatan taking matters into his own hands (or elbow) to achieve his own measure of justice. And all that started when Mings fouled Rooney badly at the top of the area and instead of awarding a free kick, Friend played some bad, mismanaged form of advantage. Arguably it started with a dustup earlier between the two off the ball when he played advantage on a Pogba run. So two players get 3 match suspension because the ref was lost on the pitch.
While the refereeing didn't help things, two players got a 3 match suspension for seriously dirty play (as it should be)
byfLuger41
AG
So no Zlatan next Monday?
Dre_00
Nope...unless United appeal but even if they do, I'm sure the appeal would be heard before Monday. I highly doubt United appeals. I wouldn't. Regardless, I'd much rather Zlatan miss the FA Cup at Chelsea than any league game.

And while it hasn't been announced, it's being suggested that Mings will get more than 3 games.
planoaggie123
AG
Looks like I will be watching the game in Spanish today....
Aston94
AG
Mings got a 5 match suspension, so I guess he was the worse of the two.

Saw pictures of the Rostov pitch for today's game. Field looks very dicey. JM said that he probably will not play Miki today because of the pitch.
planoaggie123
AG
The pitch thing is always an issue in Russia / Eastern Europe. There should be higher standards. I know they do not necessarily have the finances that clubs in France, Spain, England, Italy etc have but should not be an excuse when it can be an injury risk. Almost wonder if there should be a designated couple places in those regions where matches are played if "smaller" clubs make it to the Champions League / Europa and have sub-par pitches.
Dre_00
I think Mourinho and United actually petitioned that the game be postponed due to the state of the pitch but UEFA said something to the effect of "yeah it's pretty bad but it'll do."

I'll take a 0-0 if it means we get out of Russia with no injuries.
byfLuger41
AG
Hi.
Aston94
AG
I think the actual quote from UEFA was "your players are insured."

I would take 0-1 if it meant no injuries. Pictures of the pitch I saw looked really bad, no grass, hard as a rock.
ja86
AG

interesting lineup, 433 or a 352....
planoaggie123
AG
Found it on FS2....phew...
planoaggie123
AG
Interesting....miki in...
ja86
AG
and streaming on fox sports go.
planoaggie123
AG
Lalas drives me crazy...
ja86
AG
miki with the goal.
Dre_00
This game is as ugly as predicted but we're winning 1-0 so I'm not complaining.
Dre_00
Phil Jones late to react to a well time ball and run from Rostov. 1-1.
Mathguy64
AG
Just tuned in. Good lord that field
Dre_00
Ends 1-1 and it looks like everyone avoided injury and suspension. I will gladly take that.
Mathguy64
AG
And the away goal to boot. Take it and play them again in a week at OT.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
How was Ibra able to play today after the suspension ? Never mind - looks like it doesn't apply to cup games .
Dre_00
It only applies to games in England (cup and league).
Dre_00
So...

Ibra is suspended.
Phil Jones injured Rooney in training. He's out.
Martial is also injured. He's out.
Rashford is ill. He's out.

Congrats Chelsea on progressing to the FA Cup Semis.
Aston94
AG
Phil Jones. My nemesis.
boogieman
AG
Dre_00 said:

So...

Ibra is suspended.
Phil Jones injured Rooney in training. He's out.
Martial is also injured. He's out.
Rashford is ill. He's out.

Congrats Chelsea on progressing to the FA Cup Semis.
No problem. Matta, Mhki and Afro have got this.
datrixstunna
AG
boogieman said:

Afro have got this.

You kid, but watch him nail the winner.
Aston94
AG
Word is Rashford is now with the club. He was ill, not injured. Not sure if he could be expected to go full 90 if he is recovering from illness, but at least he is a forward option.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.