Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,546 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
datrixstunna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup. Should have been a yellow as well for a late as hell tackle.
ja86
AG
mathguy86 said:

I do not like this sit back and defend crap. They want to press up, make them pay.
one of the reasons for so many draws, especially at home. Get up 1 goal and then sit on it.
Mathguy64
AG
Ref has had a rough couple of minutes. Rashford was fouled and PP committed one and no calls at either end.
Mathguy64
AG
He's gone from having a rough couple of minutes to being really inconsistent.
Mathguy64
AG
Well now its time to sack up.
Mathguy64
AG
So Bailly is gone for the finals if we make it
Mathguy64
AG
And now hes going to have to whistle any little contact.
Thunder18
AG
Ref completely lost control in the last 5 minutes. Bailly suspended for the final is going to hurt
Mathguy64
AG
The whole crew screwed the pooch on that melee.
Mathguy64
AG
15 minutes ago he lets that go and its a goal. Now every touch gets a whistle.
datrixstunna
AG
This is pathetic.
Mathguy64
AG
Holy crap. That should have been a goal for CV at the end. Open net.
boogieman
AG
Whoa baby. That was a close one.
Thunder18
AG
We are SO lucky they didn't just steal that there at the finish
planoaggie123
AG
Wow. Stopped to watch the last 10 min + stoppage. Heart nearly came out of chest at the end. Wow.
gougler08
AG
How did that guy miss the open net?
planoaggie123
AG
Complete choke at the end by that player.

Only saw a few minutes. How did Romero do in goal? I have guessed he will stay in goal the whole way but i am now thinking just maybe Jose goes back to DDG. If I had to bet I would prob put money on Romero however. I think putting DDG changes the dynamics of the Europa team. Feel like you stick with what got you here.
planoaggie123
AG
Have to see how work plays out but if anyone is in Dallas and would be interested in meeting up to watch the finals i think that would be fun (vs watching on my phone in the office like I do 99% of games).
Mathguy64
AG
planoaggie123 said:

If I had to bet I would prob put money on Romero however. I think putting DDG changes the dynamics of the Europa team. Feel like you stick with what got you here.

No. No no no. It's a one game season in 2 weeks. Playing anything less than your best GK would be a massive tactical error, especially given you just lost your best CB.

Romero is a nice back up but he's not DDG.
planoaggie123
AG
I agree with you mostly. It's just an unusual circumstance. I would 100% prefer DDG. I just don't know why Jose would switch in the finals. The semis are just as important for a team desperate for champions league and lets not pretend DDG has been overused. Honestly he should have been fairly fresh so why not this whole semi? I think Jose is going to stick with Romero in finals. Just my guess. Hope wrong.

mathguy86 said:

planoaggie123 said:

If I had to bet I would prob put money on Romero however. I think putting DDG changes the dynamics of the Europa team. Feel like you stick with what got you here.

No. No no no. It's a one game season in 2 weeks. Playing anything less than your best GK would be a massive tactical error, especially given you just lost your best CB.

Romero is a nice back up but he's not DDG.
ja86
AG
what a cluster **** by the officials. Their inconsistency led to the fracas at the end.

what a cluster **** by Mourinho playing for another stupid draw at home...

so Smalling and blind as CBs in the final?
Mathguy64
AG
Darmian and Blind got exposed a lot today. I would rather not play them both with Smalling. I would go Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Darmian. Jones and Smalling have 2 weeks to get in game shape.
ja86
AG
Jones will probably break his leg between now and then...
Mathguy64
AG
He probably breaks it kicking Smalling and breaks his too.
ja86
AG
mathguy86 said:

He probably breaks it kicking Smalling and breaks his too.

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying, because you are probably right....
planoaggie123
AG
Sergio Romero will start Europa Leage final
J-Turn
planoaggie123 said:

Sergio Romero will start Europa Leage final

Just read this on another site...not sure how you don't play your #1 shot stopper for a crucial final? Although I do have to say Romero doesn't look toooo terrible between the sticks. Thoughts, anyone?
Aston94
AG
Romero starting the Europa Final tells me that De Gea is gone this summer. It has been hinted at, but I think he goes to Real Madrid this summer once and for all, and Mou is pumping up Romero to be his #1 next season. Just my guess.
planoaggie123
AG
Aston94 said:

Romero starting the Europa Final tells me that De Gea is gone this summer. It has been hinted at, but I think he goes to Real Madrid this summer once and for all, and Mou is pumping up Romero to be his #1 next season. Just my guess.
I had similar thoughts too for a while but I am not 100% sure the events are directly correlated. I honestly think he just wants to stick w/ the guy who got them to this point. Maybe he is thinking tossing in DDG could change the mentality of the Europa team and cause them to play more cautiously (yes, more cautious than normal).
ja86
AG
Romero is being linked to one of the Italian teams. They may be showcasing him to get a better deal.
Aston94
AG
ja86 said:

Romero is being linked to one of the Italian teams. They may be showcasing him to get a better deal.
That was the other option I had playing in my head, that he is building up Romero to sell him. Either way, I don't see us having De Gea and Romero both on the squad next season.
Mathguy64
AG
This is the lineup of a manager who knows he has a one game season in 10 days.

boogieman
AG
Nice header by Tot.
Mathguy64
AG
Bailly is lost out there at LB.
Mathguy64
AG
It just cracks me up how in the EPL you can come in studs up into the back of someone's knee and not only don't get carded but how the players don't go bat **** crazy about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.