Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,551 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good win. Curious y'alls thoughts on chances of top 4 finish. Remaining schedule isn't the easiest. Looks like Man City has a few tough matches left but Liverpool seems to have an easy remaining schedule. Champions League odds still best via Europa?
Dre_00
Our schedule is definitely not the easiest but we control our own destiny. I still think league is the easiest route.
Skitch05
AG
Liverpool have also somewhat struggled against teams that play bunker ball and counter, which is what they are going to get from here on out. I agree that top 4 is United's easiest path to the CL.
Dre_00
That said...here's our schedule starting April 13th.

@ Anderlecht
Chelsea
Anderlecht
@ Burnley
@ City
Swansea
Potential Europa League SF
@ Arsenal
Potential Europa League SF
@ Tottenham

That's April 13 - May 13. 10 games in 1 month or a game every 3 days. Effing hell.
Dre_00
Schweinsteiger is moving to Chicago Fire on a DP contract. $4.5 million a year. He wasn't playing and he was never going to play but still wish his career at United had gone better. Injuries killed him but man he was awesome right up till about 30.
Skitch05
AG
Best of luck to Schweinsteiger, hopefully I can make it out to a game to see him. When he was brought in for cheap I thought it was going to be the best deal of the transfer window. I was definitely wrong on that one.
Mathguy64
AG
Reports are that Jones broke a toe yesterday while training with England. And that Smalling was responsible. You couldn't make that up if you tried.
Thunder18
Aston94
AG
Jones must be the most injured player in the history of sport. That guy is ALWAYS hurt.
J-Turn
Aston94 said:

Jones must be the most injured player in the history of sport. That guy is ALWAYS hurt.

Yeah for sure - he's in the running with kompany from the baby blue
Mathguy64
AG
Smalling got sent home for an undisclosed injury.
Dre_00
John O'Brien would like a word...
Dre_00
Mata to likely miss rest of the season after injuring his groin. He needs surgery. Smalling and Jones both with ling term injuries. Pogba still out with a hammy. Herrera and Ibra suspended.

That's a lot of talent out much of it for an extended period of time.
Thunder18
AG
Lingard and Mhki are looking sharp out there so far...just need to get on the end of one of these balls across the goalmouth
Dre_00
That half was garbage. Pretty sure I know how this is going to end. Come back soon Ibra. We're **** without you.
boogieman
boogieman
AG
Go back to sleep. Wake up when the crowd reacts to a half decent attempt.
Mathguy64
AG
What is the single season record for ties at home to teams in the lower half of the table?
Thunder18
AG
Opposing GKs are superhuman against us
Dre_00
Foster made 2-3 good saves. Let's not pretend we were anything approaching an attacking force though.
J-Turn
On another note: Basti had a good first game for Chicago today...A goal and the assist! Jose's an idiot. Easy backup in Man U's squad. If Ibra's not playing we have no goals

Looked like "B" team today.
Mathguy64
AG
Lineups are up. Its must win time from here on out.

United: De Gea, Young, Bailly, Rojo, Blind, Fellaini, Carrick (c), Lingard, Herrera, Rashford, Ibrahimovic. Substitutes: Romero, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial.
ja86
AG
already a goal down. They playing like poop again at home.
Mathguy64
AG
That was awful goal keeping by DDG.and awful defense of the set piece in general.
Thunder18
AG
What a trash goal
Mathguy64
AG
And in a shocking turn, now that Everton is up a goal they have slowed the game down and dropped into 2 deep lines to absorb pressure.
planoaggie123
AG
for some strange reason I don't see MU getting 2 goals in one half....
Mathguy64
AG
The two most creative players on this team are not playing. One is hurt and one is on the pine. I dont get it.
Mathguy64
AG
****ing A. Pogba squares up another pipe. And a Toffee just grabbed Neil Swarbrick by the collar of his shirt and puled him back from a scrum. Thats got to be a red card. How is that not a red card???
Thunder18
AG
well that's twice in a 5 minute span where a united player has been thrown down in plain view of the ref with no call
boogieman
AG
Ibra was on. Bad call
Thunder18
AG
Ibra called offside on the equalizer
ja86
AG
top 4 finish is pretty much done considering all the points they have given away at home. Europe is it for a spot in championship league and i don't see this squad winning that.
Mathguy64
AG
I dont like it but he was off. He was leaning inside the defender. Thats all it takes.
planoaggie123
AG
ja86 said:

top 4 finish is pretty much done considering all the points they have given away at home. Europe is it for a spot in championship league and i don't see this squad winning that.
Agree. Even if they get this to a tie its over. Schedule is too tough after this. Europa is the only real hope barring a miracle comeback.....not sure how you can win Europa scoring less than 1 goal per game though....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.