Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,548 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
ja86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ja86 said:

Oh he will start showing cards but they will be to people wearing red shirts... Fro would be my bet. He seems to play enforcer when playing.

Yep, figured this would happen. And Atkinson is a ****ing *****
ja86
AG
there is chatter that Fosu-Mensah suffered a dislocated shoulder in the last action of the match.
bagger05
AG
Of course he did.
aggie7911
Go get Andrea Belotti right now
aggie7911
Jose is no different than Van Haal color me unimpressed.
Aston94
AG
Then you are a moron. No offense, but that is a really dumb thing to say.
aggie7911
Aston94 said:

Then you are a moron. No offense, but that is a really dumb thing to say.
I am the dumbass? you are the dumbass no offense. Lets See Europa League check, 4-6 finish check. Boring soccer check../crylol.
Aston94
AG
I didn't call you a dumbass, I called you a moron.

I don't think Mou had much say in Unitrd playing Europa League this year. All he can do is succeed with the league he is given. Getting them to the semifinals thus far is all you can ask for.

You are obviously a troll, so further response is not needed. And if you really believe this team is not better than last, well then yes, you are a moron.
datrixstunna
AG
Aston94 said:

I didn't call you a dumbass, I called you a moron.

I don't think Mou had much say in Unitrd playing Europa League this year. All he can do is succeed with the league he is given. Getting them to the semifinals thus far is all you can ask for.

You are obviously a troll, so further response is not needed. And if you really believe this team is not better than last, well then yes, you are a moron.

Blue Star for you sir!
Mathguy64
AG
Up 1-0 at HT on a late penalty against Swansea. For once we actually get a very soft/phantom call in our favor.
Thunder18
AG
Unlucky not to be up 2, Rooney's shot blocked...by Martial. In really bad news Bailly is now down injured
Mathguy64
AG
And the hits just keep on coming. Bailly down and out with an ankle injury. So we are playing a back line of Valencia, Blind, Young and Darmian. Not one a CB.
Thunder18
AG
Martial almost gets a goal off a deflected shot, but the Swansea keeper toes it away
Mathguy64
AG
Rashford is either hurt or totally gassed. He's making no effort to track back or even challenge on loose balls behind him.
Thunder18
AG
Swansea equalize on a nice free kick. Silly foul by Rooney. Gotta get another one now
Mathguy64
AG
SWA with a goal on a DFK from Sigurdsson. DDG never moved. Mhki on for Rooney.
bagger05
AG
C'mon lads, make it happen.
Thunder18
AG
Swansea almost just took the lead from another free kick. Llorente just missed the ball
aggie7911
Drawing at home even with injuries to a team that will probably sent to the Championship.

Think my earlier point stands.
aggie7911
How am I a troll because I had an opinion on the Coach? Your only rebuttal is to insult me..I am a huge United Fan.

Idiot.
Mathguy64
AG
Another home draw against a bottom half team. Any slim hopes of top 4 are all but gone now.
Thunder18
AG
Another draw at home to a team from the bottom half of the table. The lack of a killer instinct from this team is just brutal
planoaggie123
AG
This team...while struggling all year to score...is clearly gassed and thier bodies don't have much to give. Probably should give up on EPL and focus on Europa unless by some chance both Liverpool and Man City lose their next matches.
datrixstunna
AG
Injuries...injuries...injuries...
Mathguy64
AG
aggie7911 said:

How am I a troll because I had an opinion on the Coach? Your only rebuttal is to insult me..I am a huge United Fan.

Idiot.

If you're don't see the tactical differences between last year and this you are hopeless. Under LVG they were slow, forced to build everything out of the back and focused entirely on possession football with no freedom. Just watch Valencia bombing forward to see how much more freedom they have this year.

Is it frustrating to watch games like the Derby earlier in the week? Sure. But Mou didn't have much choice in how he had to set the team up. He was totally outgunned in his forced roster choices. He played for the point and got it. From a tactical standpoint he got the better of both Conte and Pep here at the end.

Because of injuries at one point today we played a back line of Darmian, Blind, Young and Valencia. They were supported by a midfield of Hererra, Carrick and Rooney. No CBs, 2 wingers, two jack of all trades who most definitely are not CBs, 2 holding mids and one guy in Rooney who would never be confused with anything close to a midfielder. This team is decimated to the bone with injuries and playing a fixture every 3-4 days. And meaningful fixtures at that. And with all that they have not lost a match in the EPL in their last 25. Yes lots of draws but they haven't lost once.
Aston94
AG
aggie7911 said:

Idiot.

Oh, the irony.

Mathguy's response was spot on, but I will add a bit more lest I be criticized as an idiot again.

Tactically the club is night and day ahead of last year's squad. But given the tremendous amount of injuries the club is facing right now, expecting an offensive masterpiece is a bit out of the question. Today the following players missed the game due to injury:

Ibra-forward
Pogba-midfield
Mata-midfield
Young-midfield
Valencia-defender
Rojo-defender
Smalling-defender
Jones-defender
Fosu-Mensah-defender
Throw in injuries suffered today to Shaw and Bailly, and you could make a pretty talented squad from United's injury list. Our top 4 CD (5 of top 6) were out for the second half of today's game, so when you have those holes in CD your CM play back in support a bit more, and you tend to be less offensively minded.

With all those injuries the club still has not lost a league game since October. The have not lost a league game in over half a year now! There were some draws in there that are disappointing, especially given some of the home draws to lesser clubs, but an unbeaten run of over 6 months is impressive.

The tactics are night and day better than last year, just look at a few stats from both seasons:
Stats (This season (34 GP) v. last season (38 GP)
Shots: 553 (4th in league) v. 430 (15th)
Big chances missed: 47(1st) v. 28 (16th)
Hit woodwork: 18 (3) v. 9 (14th)
Passes: 4th v. 3rd
Goals: 51 (7th) v. 49 (10th)
Goals Against: 25 (2nd) v. 35 (T-1st)

This club is creating a ton more shots and scoring chances than last year, but have not finished as well as needed to contend for the league title. The passing is just about the same, and the defense is just as good, but the finishing hasn't been good enough. Throw in all the injuries and I would argue his managing has been nothing short of spectacular. I would argue if Van Gall were in charge of this club we would be behind Everton and Arsenal in 7th.

So is that enough support, or am I still just an idiot?
planoaggie123
AG
Anyone who thinks this team is the same as they were under Van Gaal is clueless. Sure, not quite the results everyone may have hoped for but the way this team plays I have a lot more optimism for the future than what I did with Van Gaal.
Dre_00
Well, if you're going to pick a weekend to blow chunks at home (again) this was a pretty decent one. City draws away to 'boro and Arsenal loses. Now if we can get Liverpool to drop points, we'll still be in with a decent shot only to watch us piss it away again.
aggie7911
Results are all that matter and right now its about the same as Van Gaal. I would expect someone of Jose's reputation to have a better year than he is having right now..Van Gaal at least won the FA cup..

Im sorry even with all the injuries we should have beaten the Swans at home would you agree?

I simply had an opinion and you started in with the attacks instead of a discussion...You really get a lot of use out of the Crylol button don't you?

Aggie_3
That's because your opinion is moronic
Aston94
AG
I get a lot of use out of this emoticon as well, I find it to perfectly sums up my feelings when discussing a matter with someone who has no support for their position but continues to argue it anyway.

aggie7911
Results don't lie do they ? But hey we look better on the pitch ..and know he is attacking the fans great job Jose !

Smh

Also, seems some other fans agree with my assessments.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/should-jose-suffer-the-same-fate.428612/

This guy is spot on..but I forget Im on the texags soccer forum where experts live.

Quote:

Quote:

His inability to get the best out of our players is what infuriates me the most. None of our players have played as well as they can this season. Our football has generally been disjointed and there's a heavy reliance on individuals to get it done. Without Ibra and Pogba this is a Van Gaal team with better defending. unfortunately that shouldn't be good enough for us.

Mathguy64
AG
One last try before I hit the ignore button.

No one here has suggested this team is one that can challenge for the top spot. And everyone here knows this team has flaws. But no one in their right mind thinks Mou is managing this team at the same level as LVG. Not tactically match to match. Not strategically in the roster and how the team is basically built to play. And Mou is light years ahead of LVG in his tactical and strategic set up.

datrixstunna
AG
mathguy86 said:

One last try before I hit the ignore button.

No one here has suggested this team is one that can challenge for the top spot. And everyone here knows this team has flaws. But no one in their right mind thinks Mou is managing this team at the same level as LVG. Not tactically match to match. Not strategically in the roster and how the team is basically built to play. And Mou is light years ahead of LVG in his tactical and strategic set up.

Aston94
AG
So which Arsenal or Chelsea fan are you that set up a sock account so you could come over here and troll United fans?

Smith, is that you?

Your basic premise that started this discussion was:
Quote:

Jose is no different than Van Haal color me unimpressed.
And you followed it up with:
Quote:

Lets See Europa League check, 4-6 finish check. Boring soccer check../crylol.
I provided you stats showing that the team:

1. still passed the ball as much under VG
2. Are creating way more scoring opportunities and goals than they did under VG, and;
3. will finish the season with more points in the EPL than we did under Van Gaal;
all while having essentially a full squad of 1st team players out with injury.

/and your sole rebuttal is finding a fan on redstate that agrees with you?

I could literally hundreds of thousands of people that will agree with me on redstate, and you could find a lot of people on there that would agree with you, why? Because it is an internet forum, and there are lots of morons on internet forums.

If you cannot see with your own eyes, or look at the stats, or hell, even look at the point totals at the end of the year, and determine that this team is much better than last year then I don't know what else to say.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.