Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

96,205 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
datrixstunna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
****ing Pogba. 100 million my ass. He has been **** all match.
J-Turn
Afro on for the last sub and not Rashford? Cmon Jose Cmon man...
byfLuger41
J-Turn
As soon as I wrote that Afro hit the post...God bless Ibra tho!
Dre_00
I'm actually OK with that performance. A win would have been huge (obviously) but the performance against a good, organized Liverpool was pretty good.
jeffk
AG
Good job, y'all. Goal had been coming for a while.
Mathguy64
AG
Just got caught up. Holy mother of god what a match. Those are two damn good teams.
Skitch05
AG
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is about to be off to Lyon for around 25m Euros. I was excited when he was signed and wish it would have worked out for him at United.
Mathguy64
AG
Rojo out sick and Mou takes a swing at a very different lineup. 4-1-4-1 with some creative wings but man it's slow. I mean plodding slow.

DDG; Blind, Smaling, Jones, Valencia; Hererra; Mkhi, Pogba, Fellaini, Mata; Ibra
Thunder18
AG
Stoke up after a shot gets deflected
Mathguy64
AG
Mata gives up the OG but it looked like he was running back to cover deep because Smalling didn't. And Stoke is getting physical. Lots of fouls and pushing to the ground.
Thunder18
AG
Mata misses a wide open goal from 5 yards out. We look terrible so far
Mathguy64
AG
Mata having a match to forget. Skied one over the crossbar from 6 yds out on a nice cross from Ibra. It' should be 1-1.
Mathguy64
AG
Stoke with the unique early strategy of leaving Zlatan unmarked in open space. I encourage them to continue that concept.
Thunder18
AG
Finishing continues to be the missing piece, somehow we create 15 chances but cant convert one until late in the game
Mathguy64
AG
Stoke GK continuing a pattern of GKs who have games of their lives against us. He's already made 3 high quality saves
datrixstunna
AG
mathguy86 said:

Stoke GK continuing a pattern of GKs who have games of their lives against us. He's already made 3 high quality saves

In this case its the opposite. Gk has been average, finishing has been crap.
boogieman
AG
Clattenberg.
Thunder18
AG
Clattenberg is having an atrocious game
Thunder18
AG
Old man Rooney salvages the point
boogieman
AG
Now that is a goal!
Aggie_3
jeffk
AG
Congrats, Wayne.
Mathguy64
AG
Just watched the last 30+minutes. Disappointing to only get a point but that goal by Rooney was filthy.
wangus12
AG
That was just nasty. Always liked watching Rooney play. Dude is a bulldog and I'm glad he was able to snag the record from Bobby
agsalaska
AG
wangus12 said:

That was just nasty. Always liked watching Rooney play. Dude is a bulldog and I'm glad he was able to snag the record from Bobby
Yep. One of my favorite players ever. Dude is an absolute horse.

I was watching a game last year, and I wish I could remember which one, and he made a 90 yard dead sprint to get himself back in a play and made a defensive play clearing a ball with his head after the goalie was beat about 2 yards off his own goal line. The announcers didn't even seem to notice it. He was inside the opponents 18 and the break came off of a corner. It was the hustle play of the year. Remarkable play that didn't even make the highlights. I must have watched it 20 times.
Aston94
AG
Curious to see the lineups JM puts out for the next few matches. 4 games in the space of 10 days, with the first two being cup ties, and the first of those being a cup tie where you already have a 2-0 lead.

If they make the EFL final I am curious how much weight he will put into the FA Cup. With Memphis and Schneiderlein gone, the club still has depth, but it is younger depth.

ja86
AG
half time with hull up 1-0 on a really really really really.....really weak penalty given.

Pogba gets one back and it is 1-1 about half way through the 2nd half.

Hull goes back in front at the 85' 2-1

advance to the final with a 3-2 agg.
datrixstunna
AG
Well that was bad. That was worse than what liverpool put on yesterday. Lucky to still get out alive.
Mathguy64
AG
Considering that JM basically played his A team thats not a good result.
Dre_00
I guess if you're going to pick a time to play like poop, that's the time to do it. Away to a bad team in a relatively minor competition where a loss still gets you through. Let's hope that doesn't become a trend though or else 4th is all but gone already.
agsalaska
AG
ja86 said:

half time with hull up 1-0 on a really really really really.....really weak penalty given.

It wasn't that weak. It was a 50-50 call.

I think Southampton beats MU.
Thunder18
AG
If they called that penalty for Hull they should have also called one when Smalling got pushed down clearly in the box as well
ja86
AG
agsalaska said:

ja86 said:

It wasn't that weak. It was a 50-50 call.

I think Southampton beats MU.
if the two hull idiots didn't trip all over themselves there would have been a no call. It was just the normal jostling that happens on every corner kick.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Hull was dominating play and would probably have earned a goal anyway. Just that was a weak penalty to give.
Aston94
AG
That was a very weak pk call. Very weak.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.