Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

96,200 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
ja86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice comfy win after a pretty rough start by the back 4. 2nd half was much better with afro off.
Dre_00
Job mostly done. Let's hope I don't come to regret saying that but Mourinho of all people should know how to protect a 3 goal lead.

Blackburn away in the FA Cup on Sunday. They've been poor this year and Coyle as a coach is...poor. I'm sure we'll see a 1st team lineup from United.
Dre_00
Shows how much I know. Zlatan, Pogba, Mata, Bailly all on the bench. De Gea didn't even make the 18.

I guess Jose will start these guys on Thursday but seems a little odd given that we have a 3 goal lead and we play Southampton 3 days later in the EPL final.
Mathguy64
AG
This is exactly the squad he should be putting out there for a match against a bottom feeder from the Championship.
Mathguy64
AG
Huh. There are entire sections in the stands that are empty.
Mathguy64
AG
Chris Smalling has regressed so badly.
Mathguy64
AG
oh my. That was a great outlet and center forwards are not supposed to be left that open.
boogieman
AG
Lovely pass from Mkhi to Rashford for the equalizer.
Mathguy64
AG
That pass over the top from Pogba
Thunder18
AG
Pogba with a beautiful ball in to Ibra for the lead! 2-1
boogieman
AG
Bless you offsides man. Bless you.
Mathguy64
AG
Romero has made several really good outlet throws. But he does parry the ball to some bad places.
Mathguy64
AG
Wasn't pretty but it's a win, rested some players and don't have to play a return leg.
byfLuger41
AG
Hi.
Mathguy64
AG
Well the FA had to make one marketable matchup in the QF.
Dre_00
Well, the FA Cup was fun while it lasted. We'll lose by 2 goals to Chelsea...minimum. And sadly, that will be a massive improvement over the last result.
Dre_00
Also that ball from Mkhi was orgasmic.
Dre_00
Lots and lots of chatter that Rooney is off to China before the end of the season. He hasn't played much since breaking the United goal record and Chinese clubs are reportedly offering 32 million pounds a year (!) for his services. Mourinho isn't exactly falling over himself to ensure everyone that Rooney is staying put.

I think it comes to whether Rooney wants to take the insane money from a lesser league or the less insane money for a stronger league. Regardless, I highly doubt he's a United player come September 2017.
Skitch05
AG
I wonder what the transfer fee would be for Rooney if he moves to China. Oscar went for 35M Euros, so I would assume substantially less than that. Either way, I love the guy and am never going to hope that he leaves the club, but if he decides to follow the money I definitely wish him the best of luck. I was kind of hoping he would end up in the MLS eventually.
byfLuger41
AG
This China money bs is gonna be an issue for MLS designated players.
Dre_00
Not as much an issue as it could've been. Chinese FA recently enacted a foreign player limit with little to no notice. Such little notice, that some teams are already over that limit and now can't play all of their foreign players (I think you can have no more than 5 on your game day roster).

So it will be an issue but not a massive one. It's not like MLS was ever going to get a player like Oscar anyway.
byfLuger41
AG
Well definitely not Oscar, but maybe a washed up Rooney!
Dre_00
Oh and I think Rooney could still end up in MLS. He'd make $5 million a year in MLS, maybe even close to $10 million. Obviously that's well under what he could make in China but it's not like the dude is poor. LAFC seems like a club that would throw a fair bit of change at him and a city he'd like to live in.
planoaggie123
AG
Surprised to see both Pogba and Ibrahimovic starting after winning 3-0 in the first leg....
Thunder18
AG
1-0 at half. Mkhi got the goal, but also had to be subbed off w/ an injury. 4-0 aggregate currently
Dre_00
Missed most of this game but Bailly getting 2 yellows in 3 minutes when leading 4-0 on aggregate is less than ideal. Needless miss for the 1st leg of the next round.

More concerned about Mkhi though. We are so much better offensively when he plays. Really hope it's not a lengthy injury.
Dre_00
Looks like Mkhi stretched his hammy on the goal. The fact that he was able to play for 10 more minutes before being subbed off is encouraging. Doubt he plays on Sunday though.
Dre_00
Rooney quoted on United website that he is not leaving Manchester United. I'd say that rules out a departure before the end of the season but still wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the summer.
Mathguy64
AG
I just saw the replay of Bailly's second caution. Thats an example of a card that is never given in England. Ever. But is often given in Europe. And by often I mean almost everywhere.
Dre_00
Whether in England or someone else, it's a stupid challenge when you were yellow carded 3 minutes earlier. At least he won't miss any EPL games.
Skitch05
AG
Tottenham, Zenit, and Athletic Bilbao all knocked out of Europa today. The road to that cup just got a little easier. At least United won't get matched with another EPL team from here on out.
Thunder18
AG
FC ROSTOV is our next draw in Europa
Skitch05
AG
I think this means United have to travel to Russia for a match 4 days before their FA cup match at Chelsea. Ouch.
Skitch05
AG
Also, Roma drew Lyon and Schalke drew Mochengladbach. That is two more of the big league teams that are guaranteed to be knocked out in the next round.
Dre_00
Yep, Jose is not going to like that. We're probably going to get plastered by Chelsea regardless but that travel doesn't help matters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.