Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

94,583 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by byfLuger41
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neither looked serious, Rashford came off after 75+ minutes...Young came off after being subbed on, so his may have been a little more serious although I haven't read anything this morning to make me believe either will miss any time
planoaggie123
AG
Missed the game. Have it recorded. Off today so hoping to watch it later. Sounds like a good win.
planoaggie123
AG
Enjoyed the match. Still some signs of exhaustion but played a solid match. Curious what yall think. If they get to the finals likely against Ajax....does Romero or deGea start in goal? I can't believe I am saying it but leaning towards Romero. Don't believe he is better but feel like he has earned a level of trust and belief in this tournament that is great enough to put the hopes and dreams of champions league on. Will be a tough call for the special one. Could be the biggest of his career.
Gigem Trevas
planoaggie123 said:

Enjoyed the match. Still some signs of exhaustion but played a solid match. Curious what yall think. If they get to the finals likely against Ajax....does Romero or deGea start in goal? I can't believe I am saying it but leaning towards Romero. Don't believe he is better but feel like he has earned a level of trust and belief in this tournament that is great enough to put the hopes and dreams of champions league on. Will be a tough call for the special one. Could be the biggest of his career.

You play your best players it's De Gea and it isn't close. Do you remember when Romero was filling in and had a few crazy moments per game last season?
Aston94
AG
One game to decide if you are playing in CL next year or not? I go with the best keeper in the world right now. De Gea by a mile.
Mathguy64
AG
Frankly I was shocked he played Romero Thursday.
Dre_00
I could make an argument for Romero but yeah, it should be De Gea. Given that it seems Jose is throwing in the towel for a top 4 finish (rumor is that a less than first team squad will face Arsenal tomorrow but could be mind games) I definitely think De Gea will be used more in EL.
Mathguy64
AG
Lineup posted. United: De Gea; Tuanzebe, Smalling, Jones, Darmian; Carrick, Herrera; Rooney (c), Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial. Subs: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Lingard, Pogba, McTominay, Rashford.

That's a hilarious lineup for a team fighting for 4th. It's 100% the lineup of a manager saving his team for Thursday.
aggie7911
Terrible result if Jose thinks Ajax is going to be a walk over he is more ridiculous than i thought.
datrixstunna
AG
aggie7911 said:

Terrible result if Jose thinks Ajax is going to be a walk over he is more ridiculous than i thought.
He doesn't, that is why is he resting players in the EPL for the EL.
ja86
AG
add Fosu-Mensah and Young to the list of players done for the year....
Mathguy64
AG
Thats insane. Each gets injured and out for the rest of the season after coming on as subs and playing 5-7 minutes.
Mathguy64
AG
Big day today. It's a 2 match season and the pressure today will be immense. I'm interested to see if Mou sticks with Romero one last time or goes to DDG.

And on a different note for you kit hounds the new away kits came out. I'm pretty sure that Rooney has some bikini model level photoshopping going on in his shot.

gougler08
AG
Why is Pogba using a throat slash / shocker combination hand sign?
planoaggie123
AG

Those pictures. Can't help but shake my head at that. I guess it works for younger generations.

As for today, I think its crazy but I can't wait to see who they put in goal. I still think Romero but maybe he changes his approach and goes to DDG due to the importance.

Going to miss the match most likely today which is disappointing.
Aggie_3
Honestly wish we could find a better sponsor that logo is just degrading on a Manchester United jersey
Mathguy64
AG

Rolling the dice with Romero over DDG.
ja86
AG
we shall see....
Aston94
AG
Strong line-up. Guess he is going to let Romero finish what he started.
boogieman
AG
The 'Fro's afro looking extra puffy. I think it's a good sign.
datrixstunna
AG
Nervous start. Not looking good.
Aston94
AG
Looks like United are sitting back a bit and looking for the counter, which is where Rashford is the most dangerous, and CV is the most prone to attack, given their lack of speed. Interesting strategy.
planoaggie123
AG
Golfing and just saw Romero is in goal. I am thinking he sticks with him even in the finals. Crazy.
datrixstunna
AG
The FRO!
ja86
AG
boogieman said:

you called it.,,,
Aston94
AG
boogieman said:

Nice call! Beautiful goal.
Mathguy64
AG
"Find the long hair at the post"
Mathguy64
AG
There should be tons of counter chances from here on out.
Aston94
AG
mathguy86 said:

There should be tons of counter chances from here on out.
Agreed, this could get ugly now. United is set up to take advantage of the counter attack, and CV are now in must attack mode.
Mathguy64
AG
Mkhi is abusing the CV defense.
datrixstunna
AG
Rashford is a special player. Pace, vision, passing, crossing and a wicked free kick.
BJM1781
AG
How about that assist from Rashford? Lovely ball.
Mathguy64
AG
That card on Blind is a classic case of a yellow everywhere in EUFA except the PL.
Mathguy64
AG
I do not like this sit back and defend crap. They want to press up, make them pay.
Mathguy64
AG
Thats a BS offside. Pull it back for the foul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.