Get her out

6,271 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by SeenNotHeard
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't blow this
Lake08
Wow that was total bs at home
bulverdeaggie93
AG
total BS to overturn that call at home… she was out… zero obstruction, she didn't block the plate until she had the ball
bulverdeaggie93
AG
and if texas was out of challenges, why was it challenged… blue said out to begin with… total joke
Lake08
Terrible coaching to take her out to begin with
Lake08
What time does the game start tomorrow?
TexAgs23
bulverdeaggie93 said:

and if texas was out of challenges, why was it challenged… blue said out to begin with… total joke

Umpire can initiate a challenge beginning in the 6th.
Lake08
Disgusting
MarcAg
AG
Lake08 said:

Terrible coaching to take her out to begin with

No she should have put a little more trust in Vestal to get out of the inning. It's not like she was getting rocked or anything.
Lake08
Make a liar out of me!!!!!! Whoop
StinkyPinky
AG
Between that call and over turning the safe call at second was egregious and a huge turning point in the game
dcg4403
AG
Come on ladles. Ignore the softball whiners.
TyperWoods
Welcome to what happens when playing the sips
Wabs
AG
TyperWoods said:

The entire SEC is about to learn a lesson we've known for a very long time.
austinag1997
AG
TyperWoods said:

This was calldd twice in Hoover also. Once yesterday. Catcher's balk.
LatinAggie1997
AG
TexAgs23 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

Umpire can initiate a challenge beginning in the 6th.

Yes, however White went to blue and prodded him to ask for a review...that's not the umpire initiating a challenge but being influenced to initiate it. The umpire didn't doubt his call, the sips did. Total BS!
chrisocker
AG
Lake08 said:

What time does the game start tomorrow?

6:30PM Central on ESPN2

Totally missed the other thread. Whoops
LB12Diamond
AG
Good thing that ump will not be behind the plate today.
MaroonStain
AG
austinag1997 said:

TyperWoods said:

This was calldd twice in Hoover also. Once yesterday. Catcher's balk.

LSU call was on a pitch. The catcher fielded a pitch with a foot on the plate. Very different than a throw from infielder received then catcher making a legit play.
LB12Diamond
AG
I have seen that obstruction call missed already a couple of times in other SR games. The only thing consistent with that one is they consistently get it wrong.

Our catcher actually played that one perfectly. The ball just has to get there faster.

Here's to Ford having a good day on deciding when to use challenges. My guess it might be very key in the outcome.
fulshearAg96
AG
Wabs said:

TyperWoods said:

The entire SEC is about to learn a lesson we've known for a very long time.
O dear lord... those were close plays and hard to argue with the umpire's decisions on either.
Wicked Good Ag
LB12Diamond said:

so sick of this mentality about umpires

do they miss calls now and then ? yes

the strike zone was the same for both teams all nine innings...players adjust

AggieBand2004
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

LB12Diamond said:

Uh, no. Not even close.
TexasRebel
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

LB12Diamond said:

If by "the same," you mean "existed in time and space," I'm still reluctant to say that's accurate.
LB12Diamond
AG
His strike zone was all over the place. Inconsistent. And favored the sips in the last two innings.

Mya's face after he called the strike that almost hit her shin was priceless.

Blue also jumped when the sip coach said jump.

That being said, we still most likely win if we take the easy play in the top of the 6th to get that 2nd out.

But I will say again. I'm glad we will have a different ump today. One that's not so easily affected by the home crowd/coach.

I get blue missing a call here or there. And I typically hate complaining about blue. But he was pretty bad yesterday. The last two innings his first call was almost always in favor of the sips. Which sets up the entire at bat. Especially is he gets it wrong.
Wicked Good Ag
I wish many of you would officiate some sport

I dont care which sport it is....99.9% of the time there are only a select few people at a game who dont care who wins a match/game/contest. They are the officials or people with no rooting interest in who wins and those people may say "looked low or outside" but they are screaming cheating or blaming the officiating crew when they lose.
Then maybe you will go into a game without complete bias and every close call that goes against Aggies is "sip" induced, wait til the rest of the SEC sees what we know, blue is protecting the sips etc etc etc

Blue called the low strike a strike for both teams, did he miss some sure he did. But the problem IN EVERY SPORT on this site is we are ALWAYS screwed by the officials. EVERY GAME and if we get a favorable call people are like we deserved it after all we have been through

I want the Aggies to win all the time and will be rooting for them today and the rest of softball/baseball season but the refs costs us the game mentality is getting old

we had 27 outs to win that game and gave them a few runs on throwing decisions alone

This whole thread which started about a possible pitching change is a microcosm of BAS when it comes to reffing/ offficiating

LB12Diamond
AG
I have officiated multiple sports.

I understand it's not easy.

I also understand as in anything in life some are better at it than others.

All I initially said was glad there will be a different blue behind the plate tomorrow. You came back with the long response. Thus, I came back with a long response.
TexasRebel
AG
Probably would have walked it off in 21 outs if not for the blunder at 3rd on the mishandled ball.
Wicked Good Ag
You have officiated multiple sports and yet you whine about calls?

Wow

Must have quit quickly to have that mentality because people who actually ref dont get on a board and say how much people suck at officiating

This is going nowhere...i will wait to watch how we act on game three on this board...nothing will change i bet because it hasnt since this board was created

TexasRebel
AG
Why would one official not complain about poor performance from another?

They aren't cops.
LB12Diamond
AG
Maybe you should not go on a rant, if it bothers you that you get questioned about it. You have not talked any of the specific aspects I stated. You are just talking in generalities.
MaroonStain
AG
TexasRebel said:

Probably would have walked it off in 21 outs if not for the blunder at 3rd on the mishandled ball.

This. Control the things your team controls and keep mistakes to a MIN. That is winning recipe in playoffs in sports.
AggieBand2004
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

You have officiated multiple sports and yet you whine about calls?

Wow

Must have quit quickly to have that mentality because people who actually ref dont get on a board and say how much people suck at officiating

This is going nowhere...i will wait to watch how we act on game three on this board...nothing will change i bet because it hasnt since this board was created

You're so wicked good. Can we be friends?
Agdad081216
Consistency is key to a good umpire.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Wicked Good Ag
TexasRebel said:

Why would one official not complain about poor performance from another?

They aren't cops.
Publically ? Really ?

You dont do that, you may disagree with a call but you dont do it publically. You know how hard it is to do the job espeically at certain levels. And it could be you 30 mins later in the next game making a bad call.

And i never said there weren't missed calls, but no one cares if Kennedy gets the low call, But if Texas does then it seems to be a conspiracy to many Aggies. I just dont get it. We have this thing when it comes to texas especially.

No one wants to play them

They will ruin the SEC

They arent our rivals

There are meaningless opponent

But yet somehow that school gets the largest crowds at Blue Bell. The ticket for football will be the highest is well over a decade. Basketball will be the same.

Hell Vb got over 6k last time they were here.

and we complain about officiating in every game more than most fanbases. We even have a term for ourselves that is self inflicted BAS

Like I said before there were missed calls but while i didnt see every pitch it was consistent and low strike was called for both teams. I guess I just dont have as maroon colored glasses as much even if I want the Aggies to win that i cant be impartial when it comes to something that isnt an easy job and if it were you would be doing it as well.

Why dont you get out there and try it? Dont give excuses of family time, work responsibilities because almost everyone has the same things in their lives and yet still do it. Dont want to take the abuse? Who does ?

You want anyone to be perfect as an official. Will never happen.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.