Outdoors
Sponsored by

N. TX tornado

2,532 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by agrams
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone OK up here?

Tornado passed about a mile or two north of our house. It was pretty intense there for a while, but we are OK.

If someone needs help in North Texas, don't be afraid to ask here. I'll wrangle up some help and head your way.
Central Committee
AG
Same. Another close call. Little north of Weston.

Some minor hail damage, but thankful nothing major.

Same as Joe: if anyone needs help just ask.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
AlphaBean
AG
First time in 10 years of living here we've had to actually shelter. Currently on generator power and morning will tell more but I think we're all good!
purplehayes
Damned good on OP and Central to offer help to those in need!
nortex97
AG
It was pretty bad overnight. At least 2 dead up in Valley View.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2024/05/26/denton-fire-department-reports-multiple-victims-as-storms-hit-north-texas-saturday-night/

Prayers for those impacted.
cupofjoe04
AG

There were a couple big trees down in our neighborhood this morning, including this one over my neighbors horse fence. I'll be helping them clean it up and fix fence later today. We were pretty lucky, as people just a few miles north of us lost everything. it looks pretty bad in certain spots, But I think the worst was over toward Sanger and pilot point.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Prayers for all. So scary how these things happen and affect us in a moments notice.

If you are eligible, please consider giving blood today and into next week. We were very busy all night filling orders at the area hospitals, and it put a big dent into our O neg inventory. Almost wiped us out of O neg's.

Fortunately, we partner with other blood centers as part of the Blood Emergency Readiness Corps, and we have activated those reserve units across the country to help meet community needs, but we will need more to get through the holiday and into summer.

cupofjoe04
AG
Great advice! We should all look into donating
Jack Boyett
AG
I was visiting relatives in Sherman. So much lightening that the thunder was just a constant roar. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that.
cupofjoe04
AG
Jack Boyett said:

I was visiting relatives in Sherman. So much lightening that the thunder was just a constant roar. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that.

That was our experience as well. It sounded like a train going over a bridge. Just rhythmic constant noise. It was crazy
Central Committee
AG
Jack Boyett said:

Agree. Sounded like a 45 minute long freight train. Half of our circuit breakers blew during the storm, so some of the lightening must have been closer than I thought. That was a first.

In the corn field across the street - the stalks are leaning 15 degrees North-South. Drive 300 yards up the road and they lean a little west-east.

Mostly marble size hail, but there was not a lot of it. A few egg size. Few window got cracked.

But strangely, as intense as the wind was, we had some things that generally blow over in light wind did not get touched, like an old basketball hoop in the back and a small fiberglass statuette. Trampoline survived but I do not know how.

Just very, very thankful. Blessed it was not worse. We have dodged a few tornadoes/funnel clouds over the last 6 years we have been in this house. I really thought last night would be our turn.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
aggiedata
AG
Terrifying

agrams
AG
he'll no..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.