Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peptides talk anyone?

186,389 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by jmcfar_98
Aggiehunter34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
MosesHallEnforcer said:

I tried the Semax and selank sprays in the past, but the injectable versions of each blows the sprays out of the water.


Agree . Semax and Selank are 2 of my favorites that I buy in bulk!
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggiehunter34 said:

Shoot me an email Bbailey.usafvet at gmail.com


In regards to?
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got a kit of Selank in, how's the reaction time to it injected? I feel like it's near instantaneous in spray form.
Aggiehunter34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
bthotugigem05 said:

I just got a kit of Selank in, how's the reaction time to it injected? I feel like it's near instantaneous in spray form.

Selank I didnt notice instantly, like I did Semax personally. Selank took time, but I also was taking additional meds for PTSD from my military days. I am off of them now and take Selank M-F in the evening. Works great.
Aggiehunter34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Sorry, I thought I read earlier in the thread you were asking where to get them. Disregard. Playing catch up on this thread. LOL
Fairfield_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With these new Eli Lilly lawsuits (to six gray-market Reta providers), I wonder if it's about to become much more expensive and harder to get.....something to monitor I suppose. Hopefully doomsday preppers don't create a mad rush on it.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone use any peptides post surgery? Having a total knee replacement soon.
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fairfield_Ag said:

With these new Eli Lilly lawsuits (to six gray-market Reta providers), I wonder if it's about to become much more expensive and harder to get.....something to monitor I suppose. Hopefully doomsday preppers don't create a mad rush on it.


I doubt it. You can easily still get replica watches online. There's such a higher demand for peptides that the price should stay relatively constant or even decrease. We are not about to have customs testing vials to see if they are reta or if theyre bpc157, they might quick test to see if theyre fentanyl but we arent about to have them going after everything on that level
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are any of those parent companies of peptide suppliers we know?
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pharmaceutical companies have major skin in the game. I was picking up a prescription yesterday and the guy in front of me was picking up a prescription for Zepbound (tirzepatide) which is manufactured by Eli Lilly. He learned that his insurance would no longer cover that medication and his out of pocket was going to be $1,280 which he declined to pay and just left.
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power said:

Pharmaceutical companies have major skin in the game. I was picking up a prescription yesterday and the guy in front of me was picking up a prescription for Zepbound (tirzepatide) which is manufactured by Eli Lilly. He learned that his insurance would no longer cover that medication and his out of pocket was going to be $1,280 which he declined to pay and just left.

My insurance renewal just got sent to me and it's up 31%. Their excuse among lots of BS included the "rising costs" of GLP-1 medication. My insurance has never paid for a GLP-1, always rejected it. Funny how that works.....
Rain Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't fully understand the desire to use these peptides that have zero scientific framework behind them. How have we slipped back into the age of snake oil and bro science?

It blows my mind, actually.

Can someone explain it?
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rain Man said:

I don't fully understand the desire to use these peptides that have zero scientific framework behind them. How have we slipped back into the age of snake oil and bro science?

It blows my mind, actually.

Can someone explain it?


Which peptides do you think have zero scientific framework behind them?
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Rain Man said:

I don't fully understand the desire to use these peptides that have zero scientific framework behind them. How have we slipped back into the age of snake oil and bro science?

It blows my mind, actually.

Can someone explain it?


Which peptides do you think have zero scientific framework behind them?


Im curious as well

bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly most of them outside of the GLP-1s, TRT, and HGH.

The rest depend on mechanisms proven mostly in rodents that do not necessarily translate to humans or take things that the body naturally produces and assumes they're either good (MOTS C, for example) and more is better, or that they're bad (NNMT, in the case of 5-amino) and that getting rid of them doesn't make things worse.

I'm not saying any of us experiencing things aren't experiencing those things, just that for people to pretend that these are substances with known, consistent outcomes from person-to-person isn't being honest.
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mts6175 said:

Max Power said:

Pharmaceutical companies have major skin in the game. I was picking up a prescription yesterday and the guy in front of me was picking up a prescription for Zepbound (tirzepatide) which is manufactured by Eli Lilly. He learned that his insurance would no longer cover that medication and his out of pocket was going to be $1,280 which he declined to pay and just left.

My insurance renewal just got sent to me and it's up 31%. Their excuse among lots of BS included the "rising costs" of GLP-1 medication. My insurance has never paid for a GLP-1, always rejected it. Funny how that works.....

Our health insurance cost went up close to 40% this year for the standard deductible plan. My wife gets tirzepatide through a compounding pharmacy, it's not paid for by insurance but it's still not bad at around $200 or so a month. I think insurance bases their coverage for GLP-1 medication based on a person's BMI. Lose enough weight and they won't keep paying for it, even if keeping the weight off is better for the person's health than putting the weight back on and dealing with the collateral issues. Then potentially getting coverage again after their BMI rises back to where the insurance company needs it to be. That's what happened with my mom, insurance paid for it until her BMI dropped.
Rain Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which ones do you think have a scientific framework behind them?

Meaning:

1) Is there a viable mechanism of action? Marketing language /= mechanism of action.

2) Do we have evidence of meaningful benefit in humans? Hint: entering phase 1 trials /= evidence of human benefit.

3) Do we understand dosing and safety? Is the molecules behavior predictable and controllable.

Take BPC157. One of the most "acceptable" peptides out there. Asking the questions above:

- no mechanism of action. Several have been proposed but the full protein sequence has been withheld and never published.

- no evidence of human benefit. Everything we "know" comes from animal models. Massive amount of human literature is pre clinical.

- commonly promoted dosing protocols are essentially guesses. We do not know how much reaches circulation, how long it stays active in humans, what dose works for what indication, and what the long-term risks are, or what would even need to be monitored

MosesHallEnforcer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your input. We will seriously consider all your points before making health decisions for ourselves.

Best.
Rain Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We all do things that we know aren't health positive. I like having a few beers. But any alcohol over the sum of zero is a detriment to my health.

So I get it.
AggieLAX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rain Man said:

Which ones do you think have a scientific framework behind them?

Meaning:

1) Is there a viable mechanism of action? Marketing language /= mechanism of action.

2) Do we have evidence of meaningful benefit in humans? Hint: entering phase 1 trials /= evidence of human benefit.

3) Do we understand dosing and safety? Is the molecules behavior predictable and controllable.

Take BPC157. One of the most "acceptable" peptides out there. Asking the questions above:

- no mechanism of action. Several have been proposed but the full protein sequence has been withheld and never published.

- no evidence of human benefit. Everything we "know" comes from animal models. Massive amount of human literature is pre clinical.

- commonly promoted dosing protocols are essentially guesses. We do not know how much reaches circulation, how long it stays active in humans, what dose works for what indication, and what the long-term risks are, or what would even need to be monitored




Some of these peptides have plausible biology. That does not mean they have well-established scientific frameworks for humans.

BPC-157 is a good example. There are proposed mechanisms and animal data. That makes it interesting. It does not establish human efficacy, dosing, or long-term safety.

If someone wants to self-experiment, that's their choice. But once people start recommending specific stacks, sources, doses, and cycles to others, you've moved beyond personal experimentation.
MosesHallEnforcer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you so much for your concern about the health of the people on this thread. I know you really do care about the well being of each individual.
MosesHallEnforcer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So measuring your body composition, taking blood work regularly, exercising eating right and using signaling peptides that have plenty of research backing their safety and efficacy is equivalent to drinking alcohol?

Got it. Ok thanks for your concern.
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rain Man said:

We all do things that we know aren't health positive. I like having a few beers. But any alcohol over the sum of zero is a detriment to my health.

So I get it.


Whats the purpose of coming to a camp fire and pissing on the fire?
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hot water burn baby.
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
13 total posts on texags and this is your hill? Sounds like you may need help or are unhealthy alcoholic because most alcoholic say a few beers.
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I know is that since I've started my peptide journey in February I've went from 223 to 181. My sleep, energy, and recovery have never been better. I've done blood work 4 times in that time frame and it's improved each time. I mean light years better to where I can't even believe it.

If that's not health positive than so be it. If it's placebo then give me more of that.
CoolaidWade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted about fifteen pages back saying I was starting ipa and tesa to compliment my TRT treatments. I finished a whole round and am cycling off them and just want to say that I have gotten ripped since I started TRT about six months ago but most results came from the last two months on peptides. Like all my abdominal fat is gone and my stomach is shredded.

Obviously heavy gym work, diet, protein goals, and alcohol under control as well.

I'm going to cycle off for three weeks and while I'm doing that started Wolverine stack, Nad+, Mot C for a round.
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome work, man!



Too bad this is just anecdotal data. Your body changes aren't actually real because there is no scientific backing for peptides... j/k of course.
Rain Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's awesome! Congrats on the major body changes.
stevopike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peptide Plugs removed Reta?
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stevopike said:

Peptide Plugs removed Reta?


Showing up for me but as GLP3 now. Likely due to those lawsuits
stevopike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hmmm, don't see it
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stevopike said:

hmmm, don't see it


Still there.
stevopike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edit

I emailed him and people who have not ordered before don't have access to everything, he added my email, now good
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.